HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Chris Pronger on his relationship with the media

Old
12-27-2010, 09:49 PM
FlyerGuy18

vCash: 500
Chris Pronger on his relationship with the media

I don't know if any of you guys saw this but this had me rolling. Hilarious

FlyerGuy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 10:10 PM
SeanVT395
It's Not Even Close

He is NHL troll Chris Pronger

also I'm still trying to figure out if Pronger hates Timmy P or if he picks on him because they're buddies.

Last edited by SeanVT395: 12-27-2010 at 10:39 PM.
SeanVT395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2010, 10:23 PM
decadentia

Always loved Pronger with the media. I love his attitude, he knows he bugs other players/team/media, and I guarantee he doesn't lose any sleep over any of the antics.

For some reason Pronger's maneurisms/facial expressions remind me of Mike Meyers in Wayne's World

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 12:24 AM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanVT395 View Post
He is NHL troll Chris Pronger

also I'm still trying to figure out if Pronger hates Timmy P or if he picks on him because they're buddies.
I'm pretty sure he hates him.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 01:07 AM
hockeyfreak7

I think Pronger hates Timmy...but he likes the idea of Timmy

But really, I dont think Pronger could care less. He knows Timmy's an idiot, and I honestly think Pronger would fel like he's wasting his time if he felt one way or another about him.

What a great life. He knows he's the ****, but he never has too much swagger. I love it.

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 02:00 AM
chaosof99*

For those that don't get it, it's a professional troll: A hideous creature living under a bridge, handing out business cards.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 02:13 AM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

I think he is absolutely right about guys showing more personality. I've only covered the NHL for a short while and while I think the players are more available to the press there are still a lot of guys who are bland, often intentionally so.

It's refreshing to have guys who listen to and actually address questions, even if sometimes their response is flippant or kind of snarky. You also like guys that critical and specific. I don't look for anything sensational, I don't want professional wrestling, but I also don't want a mouthful of cliches.

Before this I spent some time around the NBA and college basketball. The NBA guys are colorful on their own but insanely boring with the media in most cases. I love guys like Steve Nash and Rasheed Wallace who are real personalities.

Pronger is like Wallace in *some* ways, very different backgrounds obviously. I have only met him once (last year during the Finals) and was looking forward to the Flyers' trip here but I doubt he will be traveling with the Flyers now. I know a couple people who have covered him regularly, one guy laughs at all his jokes and laughs off his BS, another veteran reporter I know stops a little short of hating his guts.

Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:12 AM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Duberstein View Post
I think he is absolutely right about guys showing more personality. I've only covered the NHL for a short while and while I think the players are more available to the press there are still a lot of guys who are bland, often intentionally so.

It's refreshing to have guys who listen to and actually address questions, even if sometimes their response is flippant or kind of snarky. You also like guys that critical and specific. I don't look for anything sensational, I don't want professional wrestling, but I also don't want a mouthful of cliches.

Before this I spent some time around the NBA and college basketball. The NBA guys are colorful on their own but insanely boring with the media in most cases. I love guys like Steve Nash and Rasheed Wallace who are real personalities.

Pronger is like Wallace in *some* ways, very different backgrounds obviously. I have only met him once (last year during the Finals) and was looking forward to the Flyers' trip here but I doubt he will be traveling with the Flyers now. I know a couple people who have covered him regularly, one guy laughs at all his jokes and laughs off his BS, another veteran reporter I know stops a little short of hating his guts.
Couldn't agree more. Though I would argue that the NHL is taking steps by doing the 24/7 Series. That show people a side of hockey they never get to see.

Flyerfan808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 06:00 AM
JCameron418

Greatest hockey player ever

JCameron418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 08:19 AM
The Cheat
Habitual Linestepper

Send a message via AIM to The Cheat Send a message via MSN to The Cheat
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post

For those that don't get it, it's a professional troll: A hideous creature living under a bridge, handing out business cards.
What's the name of that comic strip. I remember the guy used to speak ridiculously fast, had a British accent and it was hilarious.

The Cheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Kaktus*

Here is how it works Timmy. I am the he.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 08:23 AM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCannon18 View Post
Greatest hockey player ever
If Pronger had been a Flyer for the majority of his career I have no doubt that he would be my single favorite athlete of all time. Even after only a season and a half with Philly, he's already up there in the pantheon of my all time favs.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 09:11 AM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda Popinski View Post
What's the name of that comic strip. I remember the guy used to speak ridiculously fast, had a British accent and it was hilarious.
It's not a comic strip. It's a semi-animated internet video series about video games. It's called Zero Punctuation and I own that T-Shirt. It is indeed hilarious. The "Professional Troll" joke comes from this video. NSFW warning on both accounts though, for the easily offended. Then again, we are on a hockey board and I don't think my people like that are around.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Here is how it works Timmy. I am the he.
hahahaha, as funny as that was i thought it was pretty immature/low-rent. then again, it really upset anyone who's easily offended, so i could appreciate it for that if for no other reason. sorry if your hopes of pronger riding alongside maya angelou on a float as co-grand marshalls of some parade celebrating femininity have been dashed! the guy is a knuckle dragger, at least in his image. let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
If Pronger had been a Flyer for the majority of his career I have no doubt that he would be my single favorite athlete of all time. Even after only a season and a half with Philly, he's already up there in the pantheon of my all time favs.
on one hand, we'd have gotten his prime years. on the other hand, he wouldn't have lasted to this point in his career here.

Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Balls Mahoney
The Tryamkin Era!!!

Balls Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 11:44 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote: