HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2011, 11:26 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

vCash: 500
Ok, long shot here, but does anyone know the name of the song played in warm ups that goes something like "feel your energy... "

Old
05-16-2011, 09:12 AM
puckfan64

Media Guides/Yearbooks

Not sure where else to put this (Mods, feel free to move if necessary)...

I have several CBJ media guides (actualbooks, not the CDs) and team yearbooks that I am looking to get rid of:

Media Guides:
2001-02
2002-03
2005-06
2007-08

Yearbooks:
2005-06
2006-07
2007-08
2008-09
2009-10

Make me an offer via PM for any or all of them

Old
05-16-2011, 11:04 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Ok, long shot here, but does anyone know the name of the song played in warm ups that goes something like "feel your energy... "
I'm betting it's Ratt "Eat Me Up Alive." The lyric goes... make me feel your energy and eat me up alive. If you like that song, you may also enjoy "Best of Me" off the same cd.

Old
05-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
I'm betting it's Ratt "Eat Me Up Alive." The lyric goes... make me feel your energy and eat me up alive. If you like that song, you may also enjoy "Best of Me" off the same cd.
Thanks Blitz, that's the exact one I was looking for!

Old
06-04-2011, 01:07 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

NHL Draft Party: Nationwide Arena. Friday 6.24.11. 6 PM

From page...
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=69464

Quote:
Blue Jackets Host NHL Entry Draft Party and Open House on Floor of Nationwide Arena Friday, June 24

The Columbus Blue Jackets invite fans to Nationwide Arena for a host of activities surrounding live first-round coverage of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft from St. Paul, Minnesota on Friday, June 24. Admission is free and all ages are welcome. The party starts at 6 p.m. on the floor of the arena with live Draft coverage set to begin at 7 p.m. Free parking will be available in the Nationwide Arena garage. The first 500 fans to enter will receive a free T-shirt

As part of the Open House, all fans will also have the opportunity to check out available seat locations and get the best seats now for the 2011 season. Ticket plans start at less than $15 per game.

The festivities are headlined by an appearance by 2010 first-round draft pick, Ryan Johansen and Matt Calvert, who will be on hand to sign autographs and join the kids for street hockey (Check this page for updates on additional player appearances). Also that evening, fans can check out available seat locations for full season, half season, quarter season and six-game ticket plans for the 2011-12 season and talk to ticket representatives.

In conjunction with the VERSUS telecast shown on the video scoreboard, team broadcasters George Matthews, Bob McElligott and Bill Davidge, alongside Blue Jackets Radio Network host Mark Wyant, will anchor the radio broadcast live on ESPN 1460AM and 97.1 FM, HD2 starting at 7 p.m. In addition, Jeff Rimer will contribute analysis and interviews direct from Minnesota.

A wide range of activities offered during the party include the following:

* Tours of the Blue Jackets and visiting NHL locker rooms
* Street hockey on the arena floor for kids
* Photo opportunities in the penalty boxes, and alongside the cannon and Zambonis
* Merchandise and game-used equipment sale at The FOX Sports Ohio Blue Line
* Draft Party food and beverage specials

The Blue Jackets currently have the rights to seven picks, including one first-round selection (8th overall), at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, to be held at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota.
So who's going? What you looking forward to? What you hoping to pick up?

Old
06-04-2011, 02:32 PM
CBJ Tiffin

I'm planning to be there. Want to see what is available in the game-used sale.

Old
06-04-2011, 04:24 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

Why does the draft party thread get combined with the Columbus Thread? This event has had its own thread last year and had 75 posts. It's a really cool event with game used merchandise for sell, players signing autographs, etc.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=780055

Old
06-04-2011, 04:44 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Who's meeting me in Winnipeg this year?! Eh? Eh?

Old
06-04-2011, 07:00 PM
BluejacketNut

I'll be looking for Commodore sticks. I got 2 barely used Jurcina X60 Vapors last year.....not for collection but for use. Those worked out great as I am 6'4 and a right handed shot, so Commodore is really the only one that will probably work. I love the Jucina sticks (and actually havent broken the 1st, so still have essentially a brand new stick still) but he has a really weird curve and would like to get a more standard curve then what the x60's have

Old
06-05-2011, 09:06 AM
WorkingOvertime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
I'll be looking for Commodore sticks. I got 2 barely used Jurcina X60 Vapors last year.....not for collection but for use. Those worked out great as I am 6'4 and a right handed shot, so Commodore is really the only one that will probably work. I love the Jucina sticks (and actually havent broken the 1st, so still have essentially a brand new stick still) but he has a really weird curve and would like to get a more standard curve then what the x60's have
What do the sticks go for at their sale? I've been using an Eaves stick for a couple years that I got through a friend who has connections with an equipment manager, and it has been great.

Also, does R-Bar have a draft party? I plan on going to the CBJ party, but it would be nice to watch the draft while having a few after checking out the event at Nationwide.

Old
06-05-2011, 04:33 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingOvertime View Post
What do the sticks go for at their sale? I've been using an Eaves stick for a couple years that I got through a friend who has connections with an equipment manager, and it has been great.

Also, does R-Bar have a draft party? I plan on going to the CBJ party, but it would be nice to watch the draft while having a few after checking out the event at Nationwide.
The x60 sticks were $100. Retail, which these are not since theyre custom for the players, go for $225. I looked at all of them and got the best of the lot...being Jurcina, I dont think anyone had interest in them as a collectible item, so it worked out well...I would think the same would go for Commy if they have any

Old
06-26-2011, 02:49 AM
Cullksinikers

I'm Thinking About Seeing A Game In Columbus

Hello, all. Nice job by your GM to get Carter. I'm a Hawks fan and I like to see different NHL stadiums. I've heard nothing but great things about Nationwide Arena. It's about a five hour drive from my house. It's not worth buying a flight. I would probably come in the day before the game (on a Saturday) and spend the night in a hotel in Columbus. I'd see the Hawks play the Jackets. The next day, I want to scope out the stadium and see the morning skate. I've been able to do this is Vancouver and Nashville. My question is this: If the tickets get out to the general public, what would a single lower level or second deck ticket toward the middle cost? $50? $60? $70? $80?

Thanks for taking time to read this and I wish your franchise luck in the future.

Old
06-26-2011, 07:13 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

No telling what next season will bring, but last year I had no problems getting $85 to $100 seats in the $25 to $40 dollar range from scalpers. While that was nice for me, I'm really hoping I don't see that again.
Budget $60 a ticket and you should be just fine.

Old
06-26-2011, 07:22 AM
jag72

I just took the season ticket pricing and the projected savings to get an estimate on the ticket pricing. It would be around $90 for a lower bowl and $50 for the upper bowl. Both of these pricing are for seats that go to and from each ends face off circle. Of course the worse the Jackets play the cheaper the tickets get from the ticket brokers out front.

Old
06-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Morning skates aren't open to the public. Practices the day before, or any practice for that matter is open to the public.

Old
06-26-2011, 07:02 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Hello, all. Nice job by your GM to get Carter. I'm a Hawks fan and I like to see different NHL stadiums. I've heard nothing but great things about Nationwide Arena. It's about a five hour drive from my house. It's not worth buying a flight. I would probably come in the day before the game (on a Saturday) and spend the night in a hotel in Columbus. I'd see the Hawks play the Jackets. The next day, I want to scope out the stadium and see the morning skate. I've been able to do this is Vancouver and Nashville. My question is this: If the tickets get out to the general public, what would a single lower level or second deck ticket toward the middle cost? $50? $60? $70? $80?

Thanks for taking time to read this and I wish your franchise luck in the future.
I know you said you were going to drive, but you might want to look into flying. LOTS of flights between Chicago and Columbus. Might be cheaper than the gas. Just a thought.

Old
06-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Cullksinikers

I may fly. They do Hawks fans trips through the team. You get to travel with a HOFer, tour the city, possibly attend practice, have a private meet and greet with current players, and game tickets are included. I've gone to Vancouver and Nashville the last two years. If they do one in Columbus, I'm going. I was looking at possible locations and Los Angeles, Columbus, St. Louis, and Detroit look like options. Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Old
06-26-2011, 09:20 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
Morning skates aren't open to the public. Practices the day before, or any practice for that matter is open to the public.
By happenstance, the first practice I attended was a game day practice. I wandered into the Ice Haus (which was open) like, "Okay, where is everyone?" Saw some workers wandering around the concourse, walked in (door was also open) and sat down in the middle of the lower bowl all by my lonesome before it occurred to me I probably wasn't supposed to be there. (heckled me some Oilers, too. )

Old
06-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
By happenstance, the first practice I attended was a game day practice. I wandered into the Ice Haus (which was open) like, "Okay, where is everyone?" Saw some workers wandering around the concourse, walked in (door was also open) and sat down in the middle of the lower bowl all by my lonesome before it occurred to me I probably wasn't supposed to be there. (heckled me some Oilers, too. )
Haha, that's a good story.

Old
07-01-2011, 11:38 AM
DougKnowsBest

looking for some advice

i have a 6 ticket plan... ive had one for a few years.... my past ticket reps have been very helpfull

this new guy.... not so much

so the question is... for those with experiance

1. do you have to have a psl to keep the same seats with out going in and repicking them every year

2. in the past my ticket reps have been able to get me tickets to concerts at nationwide arena pre sale

the new guy insists i must have a psl to take advantage of these perks..... so is this guy just a stickler for the rules and right? or is he just being a butthole and trying to sell me a psl?

Old
07-01-2011, 11:49 AM
BJFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougKnowsBest View Post
looking for some advice

i have a 6 ticket plan... ive had one for a few years.... my past ticket reps have been very helpfull

this new guy.... not so much

so the question is... for those with experiance

1. do you have to have a psl to keep the same seats with out going in and repicking them every year

2. in the past my ticket reps have been able to get me tickets to concerts at nationwide arena pre sale

the new guy insists i must have a psl to take advantage of these perks..... so is this guy just a stickler for the rules and right? or is he just being a butthole and trying to sell me a psl?
I'd say someone was doing you a favor in the past with only having a 6-game package. I believe, last I checked, you only got 1 PSL with certain packages, but Full Season ticket holders got 1 per seat. So like, 1 PSL for 4 seats 10-game pack, 1 PSL for 2 seat 20-game pack...

I believe that there were added benefits for PSL holders. I don't know that for sure though, I was looking into getting my own package but opted to stick with my current setup... I buy my tickets from a group that buys full season and splits, but I don't know anything about their PSL's or added benefits.

But I imagine someone is going to be pissed when they find out that a ticket rep was giving exclusive benefits to people who weren't supposed to get it.

I'd call and ask for a supervisor, to double check what benefits you are entitled to with a 6-game package.

Old
07-01-2011, 02:32 PM
DougKnowsBest

on the off chance the old rep still works there i dont want to get him in trouble

the poor man is like the last person in the world that understands customer service

Old
07-01-2011, 04:08 PM
BJFan1

Quote:
on the off chance the old rep still works there i dont want to get him in trouble

the poor man is like the last person in the world that understands customer service
According to the CBJ website and info about tickets... see here

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=68352

The 6-game packs don't get anything else other what is listed there, there is no "AND MORE!" listed... so not the PSL pre-sale opportunities that you've been getting...

So, for you, good customer service = circumventing the system and giving out benefits to people who are not entitled to them???

Nothing malicious to you directly here, not intended anyway. Just saying, if I was paying for a PSL for "exclusive benefits" and they were being given to people who didn't pay for them, I'd be upset.

Fortunately, this doesn't effect me one way or another. Just commenting.

Carry on.

GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!!

edit*** Everyone have a great July 4th weekend!!! Be safe!!!

Last edited by BJFan1: 07-01-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old
07-01-2011, 06:10 PM
DougKnowsBest

i appreciate that

to me.. those are two ****** reasons to sell psl's for.

the seat thing.... they insist on having the open house on friday 9-5... im busy at that time. now come to think about it, he never did hold a seat. i upgraded the second year, so my wife has had to go in both times. the first year they did have two pick a seats, for one i was working the other i was at the one wedding ive been to in five years

so upon consideration, he never did hold a seat.. he was just there to point my wife in the right direction..

as far as the early access to tickets... big whoop. i didn't get a discount, i just had the chance to pick out some awesome pearl jam tickets before the ticket master date. I emailed this guy about buying extra cbj tickets, along with concert tickets... he basically gave me a polite "regular season tickets go on sale this date, i cant help you with other nationwide arena events.."

in my world, when a guy that has had tickets for a period of time... paid in full in one payment, paid in full before the end of last season..... when that guy calls a person who calls himself "my ticket rep" to purchase more tickets, you have my amex on file..... seems like you might want to take care of that guy, then try to upgrade my ticket plan.

I'm biased... ill never buy a psl, they are a scam...

Last edited by DougKnowsBest: 07-01-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old
07-01-2011, 06:16 PM
GOCBJ61

Quote:

talk to the supervisor....YOU are the customer

Closed Thread