HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2011, 11:34 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickledcotton View Post
On a completely random note, I just realized the money I gave to HFBoards a few years ago evidently is no good now because I don't have a star anymore
You thought it was $12 for a lifetime membership?

Being a sponsor is an annual thing.

http://hfboards.com/announcement.php...ouncementid=44

Old
09-12-2011, 07:53 AM
postalpez

vCash: 500
If anyone finds someone selling the community outreach packs this year can you pass on the info. I'm not sure who the ex got them from the last few years.

Old
09-12-2011, 12:15 PM
pickledcotton

I could have sworn they gave me more than one year when I sponsored. I thought it was weird since I remembered it being an annual thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
You thought it was $12 for a lifetime membership?

Being a sponsor is an annual thing.

http://hfboards.com/announcement.php...ouncementid=44

Old
09-13-2011, 08:42 PM
robo1
Jordin Tootoo sucks

So does anyone know if or when o'shaughnessey's is going to open back up. Their fish and chips and a pint or 4 is sort of a pregame ritual for me.

Old
09-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo1 View Post
So does anyone know if or when o'shaughnessey's is going to open back up. Their fish and chips and a pint or 4 is sort of a pregame ritual for me.
Since they closed because they didnt pay the bills and rent I dont think they will be opening back up

Old
09-14-2011, 07:20 AM
robo1
Jordin Tootoo sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellington View Post
Since they closed because they didnt pay the bills and rent I dont think they will be opening back up
Oh, my friends and I were under the impression that it was some tax issue...didn't realize that they didn't pay ANYTHING! Just the money that we spent there last season could pay the tax bill

Old
09-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
I have tickets to the CBJ opener and the game in Buffalo October 27th... I'm looking forward to seeing both the CBJ and Sabres improve this season. I wish I could be at the CBJ/Sabre game in Columbus November 27th but I'll be floating around somewhere in the Caribbean..

Old
09-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I have tickets to the CBJ opener and the game in Buffalo October 27th... I'm looking forward to seeing both the CBJ and Sabres improve this season. I wish I could be at the CBJ/Sabre game in Columbus November 27th but I'll be floating around somewhere in the Caribbean..
Just so long as you're cheering for the CBJ while you're there.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
09-17-2011, 07:14 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Just so long as you're cheering for the CBJ while you're there.
I always have in the past, I see no reason to change... It's hard having two favorite teams. I will be in good seats near the penalty box so you can look for me to verify Viqi...

Old
09-18-2011, 12:06 PM
wandk128

Still have 2 for all pre-season games. $20 for the pair each game. 203 Row Q. Thanks

Old
09-18-2011, 04:13 PM
CBJ Tiffin

wandk128, pm sent re: 9/25 game.

Old
09-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I always have in the past, I see no reason to change... It's hard having two favorite teams. I will be in good seats near the penalty box so you can look for me to verify Viqi...
The way to solve that is to visit the other favorite team only when other teams are present. Example: my first trip to Bridgestone Arena to cheer the Preds was against Anaheim. I have no problem cheering against Anaheim.

Old
09-19-2011, 02:17 PM
chaking

Work put me in Huntington, WV from 10/5-10/7!! I'm speeding up to Columbus friday afternoon and going to opening night!! w00t!! I'm so stoked. I just got a ticket in section 116 6 rows from the glass - best seats I've ever had, first time back in the Nat in years and will be my 4th opening night there... w00h00!!! so stoked!!

I just wish they had another game that weekend so I could get the most out of the trip. Will be flying to Toronto that Sunday so won't be able to get any more in... guess I'll have to wait until they go out to Vancouver :/

Old
09-19-2011, 02:30 PM
robo1
Jordin Tootoo sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaking View Post
Work put me in Huntington, WV from 10/5-10/7!! I'm speeding up to Columbus friday afternoon and going to opening night!! w00t!! I'm so stoked. I just got a ticket in section 116 6 rows from the glass - best seats I've ever had, first time back in the Nat in years and will be my 4th opening night there... w00h00!!! so stoked!!

I just wish they had another game that weekend so I could get the most out of the trip. Will be flying to Toronto that Sunday so won't be able to get any more in... guess I'll have to wait until they go out to Vancouver :/
I used to live in the Huntington, WV area...I assure you that you will have a whole lot of absolutely nothing to do there, and will be itching at the chance to get in your car and get to Columbus as fast as possible! haha As if you need more of a reason than opening night!

Old
09-19-2011, 02:46 PM
chaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo1 View Post
I used to live in the Huntington, WV area...I assure you that you will have a whole lot of absolutely nothing to do there, and will be itching at the chance to get in your car and get to Columbus as fast as possible! haha As if you need more of a reason than opening night!
Haha, yeah... I'd leave Huntington on Thursday if I could. I'm sure it has it's good parts, but I only care about getting to Columbus really.

Is gallery hop opening night weekend or is it the week before? Anyone know?

Old
09-19-2011, 03:42 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Preseason tickets for sale. I have a pair of tickets in sec 202 row e for the Wild 9/29 game. Face of these tickets is $88 a pair but I am only asking $35 obo per pair.
I Still have these tickets, anyone interested?

Old
09-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Haha, yeah... I'd leave Huntington on Thursday if I could. I'm sure it has it's good parts, but I only care about getting to Columbus really.

Is gallery hop opening night weekend or is it the week before? Anyone know?
Week before.

09-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:

Huh?

I thought I was the only CBJ supporter in Washington. Cheers!

Old
09-21-2011, 07:05 PM
chaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post
Huh?

I thought I was the only CBJ supporter in Washington. Cheers!
Me, you and at least one guy who works for Amazon. I started a Blue Jackets fan club on Amazon's intranet and one guy joined from Seattle and thanked me for starting it, and one lady from West Virginia joined too haha

Old
09-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Me, you and at least one guy who works for Amazon. I started a Blue Jackets fan club on Amazon's intranet and one guy joined from Seattle and thanked me for starting it, and one lady from West Virginia joined too haha
Unfortunately, I don't have an Amazon account, so we'll have to keep our shared Jackets interests to HF boards ... not that that's a bad thing, anyhow. Us west coasters are getting bigger and bigger in numbers - I know of at least two guys in California that are Jacket fans on here also.

Old
09-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Skraut

I guess the "coming to Columbus" thread would be the appropriate place to post that I'd really like to come to Columbus and stay, not just visit 20 or so times a year.

I'm a Linux/Unix Server Admin / Application Server admin / Software Release Engineer / all around IT guy.
I also occasionally dabble in hockey highlight editing

My Resume: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1179701/Resu...s%20Larrow.pdf

If you know somebody who's looking please pass along my resume.

Old
09-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Neeley7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I guess the "coming to Columbus" thread would be the appropriate place to post that I'd really like to come to Columbus and stay, not just visit 20 or so times a year.

I'm a Linux/Unix Server Admin / Application Server admin / Software Release Engineer / all around IT guy.
I also occasionally dabble in hockey highlight editing

My Resume: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1179701/Resu...s%20Larrow.pdf

If you know somebody who's looking please pass along my resume.

I work for AAA Ohio's IT staff in Worthington. We are looking for a Web technology Analyst (job listing here)

The pay is OK (about 19-20 an hr) but that particular job is fairly easy, we don't have any server admin spots open right now (I am one of the server admins/desktop anaysts) and there is a lot of room to move to different jobs (hardware, network,etc) within the dept and its a smaller team that is fun to work work with most times. Not sure if you'd be interested, but you can apply at the site. Don't mind helping a fellow 'Jacket fan, especially one with the video chops you have haha... PM me with any questions...

Old
09-22-2011, 10:19 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeley7 View Post
I work for AAA Ohio's IT staff in Worthington. We are looking for a Web technology Analyst (job listing here)

The pay is OK (about 19-20 an hr) but that particular job is fairly easy, we don't have any server admin spots open right now (I am one of the server admins/desktop anaysts) and there is a lot of room to move to different jobs (hardware, network,etc) within the dept and its a smaller team that is fun to work work with most times. Not sure if you'd be interested, but you can apply at the site. Don't mind helping a fellow 'Jacket fan, especially one with the video chops you have haha... PM me with any questions...
Ah, the power of the web being used for good, rather than evil. I like it!

Good luck in your job search, Skraut, Central Ohio is the place to be and your talents can only make it better.

Old
09-22-2011, 12:13 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeley7 View Post
AAA.... I know a lot about that network over there, or did and what I've heard based on others... Used to do some consulting there in the day and know a guy that still does... $20 an hour? Either salaries have changed or something, because that doesn't strike me as ok.

As far Skraut, I'm more on the network side over the skill set you listed. We are hiring, but I can't see your resume (literally since your site it blocked) fitting in with what we are currently looking for.

However, once I get a look at it, I know some guys in other companies that might be into what I think your skill set is and I'll pass it along (assuming my assumptions are correct).

Old
09-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Skraut

Thanks everyone. I guess more and more companies are blocking dropbox.

If you have any issues, PM me your email, and I'll send it to you that way.

Closed Thread