HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Skraut

vCash: 500
This morning on the radio in Cleveland there was an advertisement for a job open at Clear Channel Columbus. 3/4 of the commercial was essentially an advertisement for the city of Columbus and why somebody should relocate there.

I couldn't stop laughing when they claimed Columbus has "High Caliber Major League Sports"

Old
01-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Jackets Woodchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
This morning on the radio in Cleveland there was an advertisement for a job open at Clear Channel Columbus. 3/4 of the commercial was essentially an advertisement for the city of Columbus and why somebody should relocate there.

I couldn't stop laughing when they claimed Columbus has "High Caliber Major League Sports"
Maybe they meant the Crew.

Old
01-10-2012, 01:33 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

And for how many decades would the same claim regarding Cleveland have elicited the same reaction?

Old
01-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
And for how many decades would the same claim regarding Cleveland have elicited the same reaction?
Don't think they would need to even make that claim. Everybody knows Cleveland has pro teams, and everybody knows they are bad.

Half the problem is that Columbus needed to remind people that it even HAS professional sports. The woes of this year sure haven't helped. It also reflects what little people know about the NHL or MLS. It's what happens when you don't have the blabbing heads on ESPN mentioning your city name every few minutes.

Old
01-10-2012, 02:49 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Half the problem is that Columbus needed to remind people that it even HAS professional sports. The woes of this year sure haven't helped. It also reflects what little people know about the NHL or MLS. It's what happens when you don't have the blabbing heads on ESPN mentioning your city name every few minutes.
Too true, though I think the Versus change to NBC will help, some.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:24 PM
jag72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
I think that applies to the DSL cameras that do not take interchaneable lenses. The Arena/CBJ takes issue with camera's with removeable/changeable lense features.

I'd call my ticket rep to check for sure. Either way, I don't think the policy is consistently enforced.
My ticket rep called today so I took the opportunity to ask the question on bringing in a DSLR. She stated that it was allowed as long as the lens was under 6". The consider anything with a lens over 6" as professional and it is not allowed in the arena.

Old
01-10-2012, 09:37 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag72 View Post
My ticket rep called today so I took the opportunity to ask the question on bringing in a DSLR. She stated that it was allowed as long as the lens was under 6". The consider anything with a lens over 6" as professional and it is not allowed in the arena.
Thanks for the info.

I did end up gettin mine in the other day..forgot to post here. Didn't take many photos. Now that I know it's ok, I'll probably take it with me Saturday since we're down low.

Old
01-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Bobcat110

I have two seats in Section 205, Row A available for the following games. Face Value on tickets is $50/each. Will sell BOGO ($50/pair).

Edmonton: Tues, Jan 17
Nashville: Thur, Jan 19
Minnesota: Tues, Feb 7
Dallas: Thur, Feb 9
St. Louis: Tues, Feb 14
San Jose: Tues, Feb 21

Old
01-11-2012, 10:11 AM
BluejacketNut

I had been told that any DSLR with a detachable lense was considered a pro camera, which they dont allow (but as mentioned, not consistently enforced). Its actually what got me to be the Jr Jackets team photographer when they were here....I had emailed them asking if they had the same rules and it would determine how many games I went to if I couldnt bring the camera. They said they needed a team photographer, but that it was a volunteer position. That actually worked out perfect, because it gave me a trial run to see if I wanted to pursue sports photography as a living. What I found out, was that I LOVED shooting action, and going through the pictures, but on my time, not really someone else's. But of course that all changes when you make money at it...but i've also learned that if you really enjoy a hobby, dont make it a living. HAVING to do something is completely different from WANTING to do something.

Old
01-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Bigaml13

Visiting for a game

Hey guys. I know this probably posted elsewhere in a different section but I was just curious on what the bar scene looks like after games. My brother and I will be coming in for the game next week againest the Preds. Also, do you think that I we will have a problem getting tickets (for under 100ish). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old
01-13-2012, 06:02 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
You can't walk out of the East enterance without tripping over bars and it should be no problem getting tickets for that price.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:03 AM
WorkingOvertime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigaml13 View Post
Hey guys. I know this probably posted elsewhere in a different section but I was just curious on what the bar scene looks like after games. My brother and I will be coming in for the game next week againest the Preds. Also, do you think that I we will have a problem getting tickets (for under 100ish). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
There are a lot of bars around the stadium. Is there a specific 'scene' you prefer?

Old
01-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Also, do you think that I we will have a problem getting tickets (for under 100ish). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I'll sell you my two Front Row seats in Section 205 for $50/pair. Face Value is $50/each. Can do Paypal and e-mail tickets. Send me a PM.

Old
01-13-2012, 11:41 AM
BlueBelle

I'm looking for a single seat for the game against the Oilers March 25th and thought I would check in here before I buy from ticketmaster. You never know sometimes right?

Thanks!

Old
01-13-2012, 12:21 PM
Kev22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBelle View Post
I'm looking for a single seat for the game against the Oilers March 25th and thought I would check in here before I buy from ticketmaster. You never know sometimes right?

Thanks!
Don't buy from Ticketmaster, just show up to the arena and buy from the scalpers. They usually have handfuls and they go for cheap. I'm not kidding either. Save your fees and go cheap.

Old
01-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Bigaml13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingOvertime View Post
There are a lot of bars around the stadium. Is there a specific 'scene' you prefer?
Something low key, not a ton of people where you running into people constantly just to get a drink.

Old
01-13-2012, 01:22 PM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Something low key, not a ton of people where you running into people constantly just to get a drink.
Skip R Bar then.

Old
01-13-2012, 02:02 PM
BlueBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Don't buy from Ticketmaster, just show up to the arena and buy from the scalpers. They usually have handfuls and they go for cheap. I'm not kidding either. Save your fees and go cheap.
I've honestly never bought from a scalper before, so I guess that's why I sometimes forget about that as an option. Are they making any money at all off of hockey fans in Columbus these days?

Old
01-16-2012, 04:43 PM
WorkingOvertime

Quote:
Most of the Arena District is crowded (more club-like) during the weekend. I suggest walking towards High St. and then north on High St. until First. There are a lot of bars between Nationwide Arena and High St. and First. You should be able to find something along that path (likely close to the Arena, but certainly by the time you hit First). I would check out Yelp or a similar website- I'm usually out closer toward First, so I don't know much about the bars very close to the Arena.

Old
01-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

2 tickets for game vs Edmonton Tuesday for sale. Face is $95 section 102 row T.

Asking $75 for the pair. Can meet at Rbar before game if interested. Email is better than PM.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:55 AM
HallOfGreatness4

Headed to the game TONIGHT!

Pretty excited, heading to Nationwide tonight to see my Oilers do battle with the Jackets. Landed some glass seats in one of the corners. Hope to see a good clean game with lots of action.

What time can I gain access to the seats? Any good quick restaurants you guys would recommend before opening face-off?

Old
01-17-2012, 10:13 AM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

This should be the gameday thread.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallOfGreatness4 View Post
Pretty excited, heading to Nationwide tonight to see my Oilers do battle with the Jackets. Landed some glass seats in one of the corners. Hope to see a good clean game with lots of action.

What time can I gain access to the seats? Any good quick restaurants you guys would recommend before opening face-off?
Please, no banging on the glass. However, feel free to bang on anyone around you hitting the glass.

Pleny of restaurants within a short walk of the arena. Get there early. I think doors open at 6:00 for the arena.

Old
01-17-2012, 10:54 AM
IBleedUnionBlue

Quote:

Great Itailian place on East side of Nationwide - Buca Di Peppo or however you spell it. Also Mongolian Grill just South of the Arena. Get there early to get food beforehand. Have fun.

Old
01-17-2012, 11:38 AM
GV Blue Jacket

Quote:
Any good quick restaurants you guys would recommend before opening face-off?
Lot's of great food options close by as mentioned above. My personal favorite in the Arena District itself is Ted's Montana Grill which is an upscale burger/steak restaurant specializing in bison and is right across the street from the arena.

A couple of blocks northeast of the arena there is the North Market, which is public market full of kiosks and number of reasobly good food options if you are looking for a less formal setting.

A few blocks further north and you are in the short north which is just loaded w/ great restaurants.

Hope you have a great time.

Closed Thread