HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus Thread III (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

vCash: 500
Oval Beach may be a quality mid-teens destination spot

Old
07-14-2012, 11:02 AM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
Oval Beach may be a quality mid-teens destination spot
That always struck me about the oval in Spring and Summer. I don't think you could find a higher concentration of girls in bikinis further away from a beach anywhere in the world...

Old
07-14-2012, 06:57 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
I really wish we had Giordano's here. Good god that stuff is good.

My favorite pie in Chicago bar none!

Old
07-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Anyone have kids who'd like to participate in an on-ice clinic with OSU hockey players? Hockey Beats Down Cancer is a local grass roots fundraiser benefiting the American Cancer Society. The Family Fun Day will be August 25, but registration for the clinics starts NOW! Check it out and register your kids. Come out that day to let your kids jump in the CBJ bounce house, bid on silent auctions, get autographs, play broomball, watch rec hockey, drink beer, listen to bands, all for a great cause!

Here's the link for more info and to register kids for the clinics:
http://www.thechiller.com/?pageName=...D=131&CatID=13

Held at Chiller Easton. Also skills competition for kids that day.

Last edited by Derby: 07-29-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: location
Old
08-03-2012, 10:31 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

Any partial STH's interested in exchanging tix for 1 game? I have Club seats. Cant make Feb 8th game (Friday) vs Colorado. I dont have either of the Kings games, nor any weekend Red Wings games. Anyone up for a trade? PM me.

Old
08-05-2012, 05:08 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

Nashville has single game tix on sale. I just purchased for 11.24.12.

Old
08-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
Any partial STH's interested in exchanging tix for 1 game? I have Club seats. Cant make Feb 8th game (Friday) vs Colorado. I dont have either of the Kings games, nor any weekend Red Wings games. Anyone up for a trade? PM me.
If I'm not mistaken, if you contact your ticket rep you can trade those tickets to another game you can make. I believe I was told I could do that up to 3 times.

Old
08-05-2012, 09:37 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
If I'm not mistaken, if you contact your ticket rep you can trade those tickets to another game you can make. I believe I was told I could do that up to 3 times.
My ticket rep said I could trade those for "a similar day" and "same caliber team." I explained that this was a Friday game and the only Friday games not on my plan was against the LA Kings and Detroit Red Wings. So I asked if I could trade them for a Tuesday - Thursday game and he hasnt responded. Im hoping they let me trade to a weekday game.

Old
08-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Kinsler532

Hey I purchased an 11 game plan to the bluejackets this year. It was the only way to guarantee tickets to the allstar game. Me and my wife have been looking to take a trip to Columbus for a while now and I figured this would be a great occasion to visit. I'm looking to get rid of the other games in the plan. Prices were cheap and have games against teams like Detroit Los Angeles and the rangers. If anyoe is looking to go to any games let me know. I don't get on here much so email would be better at kinsler532@gmail.com. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Old
08-15-2012, 07:23 AM
Skraut

I'll have 2 videos again this year. It'd be cool to meet some of you in person again.

Old
08-15-2012, 07:31 AM
BJFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post

I'll have 2 videos again this year. It'd be cool to meet some of you in person again.
Looking forward to making it this year!!!

Should probably also note that you need to visit that website to get a free ticket

Old
08-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Hey all.

Being a Fireman that works 24 on, 48 off, there are quite a few games that I cannot attend. Luckily my buddy has a lot of friends that buy tickets from us, and I was able to sell most of those games that I am on-duty.

However, I still have 2 games that I need to get rid of. If there is a partial lock-out, these games may still be played. If anyone wants them PM me ,and we won't exchange any money until closer to the games, when we know whether they will be played or not.

They are:

Tuesday 1/15 vs. St. Louis
Tuesday 4/9 vs. St. Louis

My seats are Club lvl, sec C12, row E, seats 1 & 2. I will sell the 2 seats each game for $100.00. That is cheaper than what I paid for them. That is $100.00 total for both seats, per game.

Old
08-17-2012, 11:56 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

OK so I know I'm a Preds fan. Please don't run me out of here with pitchforks and torches...

I have a friend who is moving to Columbus for her job. She is trying to find out about nice areas to find a house or apartment, but has never been to that area nor does she know anyone who is from there. I told her I'd try to help her out.

Does anyone here have any suggestions as to where she should start looking? She has about a month. If you could send your answers to me in a PM that would be awesome, but if not I'll try to check back in here soon.

Old
08-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
OK so I know I'm a Preds fan. Please don't run me out of here with pitchforks and torches...

I have a friend who is moving to Columbus for her job. She is trying to find out about nice areas to find a house or apartment, but has never been to that area nor does she know anyone who is from there. I told her I'd try to help her out.

Does anyone here have any suggestions as to where she should start looking? She has about a month. If you could send your answers to me in a PM that would be awesome, but if not I'll try to check back in here soon.
It might help if we knew what part of town she was working in. Columbus Rush Hours aren't too bad, but they're worse than Nashville. If she's working somewhere along the 270 outerbelt, it makes no sense for us to recommend something on the opposite side of town.

(says the guy from Cleveland, but who wants to move to Columbus)

Old
08-18-2012, 06:19 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
It might help if we knew what part of town she was working in. Columbus Rush Hours aren't too bad, but they're worse than Nashville. If she's working somewhere along the 270 outerbelt, it makes no sense for us to recommend something on the opposite side of town.

(says the guy from Cleveland, but who wants to move to Columbus)
Good call, Skraut. Let us know what part of town she will be working in and how close she wants to be to her job.

Old
08-18-2012, 08:18 AM
FANonymous

Also might want to know what else is important to her. Is she looking for a place to settle down with good schools for raising younguns or is she looking for a place closer to the "night life?"

Old
08-18-2012, 10:50 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

All I know is she will be working for Paul Mitchell Systems in the Ohio area. I asked her for more details about parts of the city/area she is interested in living, and she said Easton, Dublin or any other nice place around Columbus. She wants to try to stay close to the city without having to pay ridicuous rent.

That's all I have so far. I'll keep trying to get more details from her as she learns more about the job, and thinks more about wants/needs with regards to new living arrangements.

Thanks, guys! I know I'm the enemy and all

(Viqsi sent me here... blame her )

edit: she also said she is open for suggestions.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 08-18-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: hilarious typos
Old
08-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
All I know is she will be working for Paul Mitchell Systems in the Ohio area. I asked her for more details about parts of the city/area she is interested in living, and she said Easton, Dublin or any other nice place around Columbus. She wants to try to stay close to the city without having to pay ridicuous rent.

That's all I have so far. I'll keep trying to get more details from her as she learns more about the job, and thinks more about wants/needs with regards to new living arrangements.

Gahanna
Westerville
New Albany

All suburbs close to Easton. Trust me, the parts of Columbus around Easton she does not want to live in.

If she likes more country style living:

Johnstown
Pataskala
Pickerington

That is all NE, East area. Dublin is NW. I don't like NW area. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice area, but too much traffic.

My son is getting out of the Marine Corps next month and he and his wife were going to rent an apartment east of the Airport near the northern Reynoldsburg area, north of Broad street on Waggoner Rd. Nice, new apartments, and the rent was reasonable. They bought a house instead.

She should be able to find an apartment in any suburb that has a reasonable rent.

And, please, you are not the enemy. Us hockey fans have to stick together. As long as you aren't on our board trolling, it's all good.

Old
08-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
All I know is she will be working for Paul Mitchell Systems in the Ohio area. I asked her for more details about parts of the city/area she is interested in living, and she said Easton, Dublin or any other nice place around Columbus. She wants to try to stay close to the city without having to pay ridicuous rent
Where specifically is the new job going to be located? If it's somewhere in Hilliard, recommending Gahanna wouldn't make too much sense...or vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Gahanna
Westerville
New Albany

All suburbs close to Easton. Trust me, the parts of Columbus around Easton she does not want to live in.

If she likes more country style living:

Johnstown
Pataskala
Pickerington
I could not recommend against Pickerington more, unless the job is located there.

The whole 270/70/Brice Rd. interchange is a nightmare under the best of circumstances, and it's not going to be fixed any time soon. Figure that it feeds directly into an area with a completely empty strip mall, a vacant Meijer, and a vacant Target.

Old
08-20-2012, 12:51 PM
JDCox17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I could not recommend against Pickerington more, unless the job is located there.

The whole 270/70/Brice Rd. interchange is a nightmare under the best of circumstances, and it's not going to be fixed any time soon. Figure that it feeds directly into an area with a completely empty strip mall, a vacant Meijer, and a vacant Target.
Except, you know, the "whole 270/70/Brice Rd. interchange" isn't, well, Pickerington. (It's either Reynoldsburg or Columbus, I believe.)

Admittedly, there are some parts of the Pickerington area which are only about a mile down Tussing from there. But there are also parts of the Pickerington area which are miles and miles from there, over in Fairfield County.

For what it's worth, I've been very happy living the last decade or so down between Pickerington and Canal Winchester. Traffic isn't too bad, things are generally convenient to get to, I love driving on Schoolhouse Road through Pickerington Ponds metropark, etc. etc.

Old
08-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Where specifically is the new job going to be located? If it's somewhere in Hilliard, recommending Gahanna wouldn't make too much sense...or vice versa.

Do you actually live in the Columbus Metro area? The area you are referring to is far east side of Columbus, and much of why it has gone down hill is due to, well, we don't talk politics here.

To be honest, traffic on I-70 during rush hours is pretty heavy, but not horrific. And yes, Hilliard, Grove City, Dublin all have their advantages. I was merely highlighting the other areas because being close to Easton had been mentioned.

Old
08-23-2012, 05:11 PM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Has any other STHs logged into their account and seen their tickets loaded into their account? There's a messed-up wrinkle: Some of the tickets are showing as unprintable/unable to be forwarded, and it looks like it's only the premiere games (opening night, PIT, etc.) I am fairly close to furious about this and plan on calling the team tomorrow.

Old
08-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
Has any other STHs logged into their account and seen their tickets loaded into their account? There's a messed-up wrinkle: Some of the tickets are showing as unprintable/unable to be forwarded, and it looks like it's only the premiere games (opening night, PIT, etc.) I am fairly close to furious about this and plan on calling the team tomorrow.
Yes, mine are like that too. It stinks. I've forwarded tickets to friends at the last minute. I'm interested in what your ticket reps says.

If you click on the HELP link, it gives several FAQs, including this one:
Why are some tickets not available for forwarding?There are several reasons why some tickets are not available for forwarding:
•The event has passed or is less than 30 minutes away.
•Only barcoded tickets can be forwarded.
•The ticket(s) have not been paid for.
Tickets are not available for forwarding due to certain Blue Jackets restrictions. (red is my highlighting, not SBJ)

Old
08-24-2012, 08:51 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

My rep (Megan Cooper) just confirmed that it's strictly an off-season website database-building issue, and this is not representative of the end functionality of this fully operational battlestation. So thank goodness for that.

Old
08-24-2012, 09:14 AM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:

If she's looking for a more urban setting versus suburban setting, I'd recommend the Grandview Heights or Clintonville areas of town. Rentals are reasonably priced and plentiful. Fairly easy access to most of the city since they're more centrally located.

If she's willing/able to spend more there are areas like German Village and Victorian Village that are central too, but a little pricier.

Closed Thread