On the swiss side I really like Bärtschi, Hoffmann and Truttman. On the other hand Conz and Loeffel are playing really bad.
Conz ist not as good as normal a lot of rebounds and not in the right position and loeffel is playing the weakest game I have ever seen from him. I see him a lot (he plays for my favourite team in switzerland fribourg-gottéron)
Bärtschi is really calm and makes almost every time the right decision. Hoffmann is with the puck really a strong player and Truttmann well 2 Assists as a Defender is not that bad, isnt't it?
On the slovak side, I do not like what I see. Both goalies are not great (today) and the offense doesn't producing like in the past.
Generally a awful game for me because I like both nations and just one can go to the quarters.
Switzerland producing first round picks and Slovakia aren't what a change we are witnissing.
Lol, what an overstatement do I witness here.
1. There are at best 3 1st round picks skating on the ice and that only in the best case scenario (could very well be that it will be just the one that is already picked) and one of them is wearing a white not a red jersey on my screen.
2. Another overstatement, there have been 9 Slovak players taken in the 1st round in history, so it´s weird even suggest that Slovakia was producing 1st round picks on a regular basis once. Similarly it´s an overstatement to say that Switzerland is producing 1st round picks now, they have 4 1st round picks in history (two of whom were busts) and they might add one this year, but are there any clear cut 1st round picks beyond that? Maybe Fiala, but he is just 14.
3. What´s the obsession with the 1st round picks anyway? Look at the list, how many of Slovakia´s best former/current players do you see on it?:
Basically, 3 good players, one guy with heart and everything else is bigger or smaller crap.
4. Let´s not overhype the importance of this tournament. For example Tatar´s performance at this tourney was wastly superior to Jurčo´s so far here, but does that mean that Tatar´s a better prospect?
5. Historically there´s no reason to believe that Switzerland shouldn´t beat Slovakia in this game even with all it´s best players (yet alone with the two top d-men missing), some historic results- historically both teams have always been pretty even at this level:
1996 SVK-SUI 7-3
1997 SVK-SUI 1-3
2002 SVK-SUI 2-3 SO
2005 SVK-SUI 3-2
2006 SVK-SUI 3-3
2007 SVK-SUI 1-2
2008 SVK-SUI 5-2
2009 SVK-SUI 1-4
I was speaking the past couple of years Niedereiter drafted 5th overall and Bartchi likely a top 15 pick as well this coming year. I don't remeber the last time a Slovak player was drafted that high. In fact I believe Zagrapan and Mihalik were the last Slovak taken in first round, though the second rounders Panik, Tatar and Marincin had first round talent and are promising. Hopefully Koys can erase that trend my point is I know Slovakia had favourable results in years prior, but the gap is closing fast as Switzerland is progessing in the positive direction.