HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spacek and Hamrlik

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-30-2010, 11:06 PM
  #26
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,845
vCash: 500
Spacek is really bad. He has a brain fart in every game. He was playing poorly at the beginning of the season and even when Markov was on the line-up, so can't use fatigue as an excuse.

However, Hamrlik is doing a decent job considering the circumstances (i.e. Markov out). He's not beyond reproach in some games but he's undeniably the #1 D of the team. Now, he clearly overworked. And the situation can only get worse with Gorges out.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 11:42 PM
  #27
NHLfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Spacek

It looks like he is playing injured. He keeps making mistakes or forwards outskake him all the time.

NHLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 11:47 PM
  #28
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLfan View Post
It looks like he is playing injured. He keeps making mistakes or forwards outskake him all the time.
Unless he started the year injured, this is Spacek. He has been the worst defenseman since game one of the season.

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:00 AM
  #29
NHLfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
Last year`s playoff run

Although it was fun seeing the team go far in the playoffs, it was not good news in a way. We traded Halak for two prospects. Gauthier should have asked for Patrik Berglund or David Backes on top of Eller. The Habs signed Alex Auld for 1.5 million when they had Cedric Desjardins or Curtis Sanford for cheaper. Guy Boucher got hired by Tampa Bay. Markov came back too early especially that the team was going well. Gorges was playing injured. Spack costs us 3.5 million at 36. At some point, you have to free up cap space.

NHLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:11 AM
  #30
Habblues
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sec 9 Fredericton NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
Gill has been darn solid for us. Hamrlik has been as well up until this current road trip......Spacek, I`d send to "the Russian front". I just don`t understand why this guy is still around. Mr Brain cramp.

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:50 AM
  #31
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,738
vCash: 500
I'd rather have a pylon with a broken stick taped to it than Spacek.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 05:42 AM
  #32
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 16,070
vCash: 500
say what you want about Spacek, but Hammer ?

a guy hired to be our 3rd D (behind Komi and Markov at the time), and it's the 3rd straight season he has to fill in for our MVP, Markov...

blaming him ? really, we should thank him.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 08:17 AM
  #33
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
say what you want about Spacek, but Hammer ?

a guy hired to be our 3rd D (behind Komi and Markov at the time), and it's the 3rd straight season he has to fill in for our MVP, Markov...

blaming him ? really, we should thank him.
I agree Hamrlik has been a tower of power for most of the last 2 years, if anything he needs more help, not to get crapped on. Hopefully Wiz takes some heat off him, plus a healthy Gorges should help also.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 09:20 AM
  #34
swimmer77
Post Oates
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Two Czechs..... One Problem!

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=818750


anyone who didn't see this coming was plain old naive
Your thread had some merit. The way you went about is questionable in my mind though. The Czechs are not the only problem. Actually they've tried to be the solution to ongoing problems the last couple of years which include.............

1. Andrei Markov's inherent ability to be injured time and again on legitimate body checks the last couple of years.

2. Markov not being able to complete a playoff run without being injured for three years now (assuming the Habs make the playoffs this year).

3. The organization's inability to groom young d-men.

4. The organization's inability to sign at least one other top four d-man which has been a need for the past three years. Instead they signed Mara and Gill whose salaries together could have landed a top four. When Markov goes down Hamrlik (and now with Spacek) is left holding the bag with a bunch of # 5 and # 6 d-men.

5. Martin's inherent ability to keep Spacek on his offside.

6. The offence's inherent ability to not score, not go to the net and not screen. I've seen Hamrlik in front of the net more than some the Habs' forwards. Cammalleri, if he's not sniping, looks absolutely useless.

7. Pleks is wearing down too. Again because he doesn't have much support and is being asked to do everything much like Hamrlik on defence. He's asked to "unslump" the slumpers.

8. The old and tired Czechs? What about Josh Gorges and Hal Gill? They started to look pretty beleagured themselves without contributing a whole lot offensively.

9. Carey Price? Has he been overused and tired? The tired excuse is okay for the young goaltender but not okay for the much older Czechs?

There are other problems. My main point is you entitled the thread "Two Czech's: One Problem" when in reality they have tried desperately to be the solution to other problems. You even named some yourself but still point the finger at those two only.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 10:38 AM
  #35
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,899
vCash: 500
Price and the D need for the forwards to bury some scoring chances...

Despite The Collapse, they have allowed only 90 goals against... only Boston and Florida are better.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm...nav-stn-league

Losing makes nearly all players look really really bad and useless

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:14 PM
  #36
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Your thread had some merit. The way you went about is questionable in my mind though. The Czechs are not the only problem. Actually they've tried to be the solution to ongoing problems the last couple of years which include.............

1. Andrei Markov's inherent ability to be injured time and again on legitimate body checks the last couple of years.

2. Markov not being able to complete a playoff run without being injured for three years now (assuming the Habs make the playoffs this year).

3. The organization's inability to groom young d-men.

4. The organization's inability to sign at least one other top four d-man which has been a need for the past three years. Instead they signed Mara and Gill whose salaries together could have landed a top four. When Markov goes down Hamrlik (and now with Spacek) is left holding the bag with a bunch of # 5 and # 6 d-men.

5. Martin's inherent ability to keep Spacek on his offside.

6. The offence's inherent ability to not score, not go to the net and not screen. I've seen Hamrlik in front of the net more than some the Habs' forwards. Cammalleri, if he's not sniping, looks absolutely useless.

7. Pleks is wearing down too. Again because he doesn't have much support and is being asked to do everything much like Hamrlik on defence. He's asked to "unslump" the slumpers.

8. The old and tired Czechs? What about Josh Gorges and Hal Gill? They started to look pretty beleagured themselves without contributing a whole lot offensively.

9. Carey Price? Has he been overused and tired? The tired excuse is okay for the young goaltender but not okay for the much older Czechs?

There are other problems. My main point is you entitled the thread "Two Czech's: One Problem" when in reality they have tried desperately to be the solution to other problems. You even named some yourself but still point the finger at those two only.
good points, although the fact that we need another top 4 as you pointed out in # 4 is a direct consequence of ''problem'' of these two ''Old Czechs''. And your point 8 seems a bit odd... Gill and Gorges aren't paid to score. Gill's been pretty solid, and Gorges decline surely related to injury.

But I agree, they're not the only problem. But the bottom line, which you seem to not make point of, is that they're overpaid for the type of hockey they can bring over a long hockey season at this stage in their career. The organization is treating them as if they were 5 years younger; salary and TOI wise. And at times they may play like that (well Spacek hasn't yet)... But over the course of the season, they will show their age; and have been. I wasn't on the bandwagon getting all horny over Hamrlik's hot streak earlier this season -- I knew he'd regress.

If they were 31 making what they make, this team would be better off today. Because they were better 5 years ago. But they're 36 year olds playing like old 36 years old... which means flashes of 30 and flashes of 40. They don't skate and move like Prongers or Niedermayers of this world. And if they were 5 years younger today, they'd probably make the same salary that they are today.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.