HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We're Not Even Competitive-WTF

Old
12-31-2010, 01:25 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I laughed out loud and couldn't stop for 20 seconds.

Spamrlik haha

Oh boy funnies
Gorgill
Webban
Prauld
Giomez
Cammanec
Poulioretty
Halpierre
Moeller
Dartitsyn

If that's all you need to have fun, I think you can now thank me for a full night of laughing.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:29 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I keep saying Troy Brouwer. He's not overly skilled, so it shouldn't cost us out the ass. He already has over 100 hits (120) and he's not slow as a rock.

He's RFA, so if he doesn't work out, we can deal him. Though, him, like Wiz are my boys. I actually don't want Hamrlik back and some of his money to go to Wiz.

Though, it's undeniable that we do need a top 6. Pacs has been decent, but let him finish the year off in Hamilton.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:43 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by albator71 View Post
This was expected, the Habs had such an easy schedule during Oct/Nov that it made them look better then what they are in reality.

The Habs are a .500 team folks, nothing more, nothing less. Habs win if Price stands on his head otherwise they don't win.
These are the type of posts i hate. The team was playing completely different at the beginning of the season. Didn't we also beat the pens early on? Haven't we lost to really ****** teams lately? The teams we're playing isn't the problem. Something in this team flipped like a switch, we're just trying to figure out what caused it.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:02 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I laughed out loud and couldn't stop for 20 seconds.

Spamrlik haha

Oh boy funnies
Gotta give credit where it's due

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post
Spamrlik is the worst.

Edit: Well not really. Hamr's good for about 30-40 solid games before he gets tired and starts to play terribly. Spacek is the worst.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:09 AM
Toro

Call up DD already. Before we go out and get a forward he has to get a chance. This team needs a spark. DD is the perfect choice to try something. We can't score might as well try something.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:20 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
He`s my ALLTIME favorite player.
Cournoyer was my guy. Straight blade, no curve. Fast as hell, wicked backhand. Some of the old guys might remember a breakaway he had in 74 or so, he SWITCHED HANDS and scored.

He also invented the breakaway pull it over then five hole when the goalie had to open up.

I have an old book on Gros Bill, and he said that he roomed with Cournoyer a couple of years. Beliveau said the muscles in Cournoyer's thighs and calfs looked like bricks under his skin. He said he'd never played with anyone that strong.

Loved Yvan.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:28 AM
bipolarhabfan

Poor drafting, bad asset managment, and atrocious professional player development has lead us into this position. One player will not help us all that much. We literally need two more top-three forwards with size and skill to be a contender. As always, a number one centre with size would be nice!!

BTW, I find it laughable that we have not developed a star forward in ages and the last player to score 100 points for us played before the San Jose Sharks and Ottawa Senators came into the league and when Chernobyl and the Space Shuttle Challanger diasters were current news events.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:36 AM
OneSharpMarble

It amazes me to see how ignorant so called "hockey fans" are about the game and how people don't understand that offense BEGINS with a defense that can not only get the puck but move it up the ice.

Having a couple of turds on defense that specialize in watching the play and waiting for opposition to get tired of carrying the puck isn't helping our possession at all.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:37 AM
RNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
These are the type of posts i hate. The team was playing completely different at the beginning of the season. Didn't we also beat the pens early on? Haven't we lost to really ****** teams lately? The teams we're playing isn't the problem. Something in this team flipped like a switch, we're just trying to figure out what caused it.
Yes. I really dislike the statistically inclined posters who cherrypick a few stats and then make an arguement based on it, without having watched any of the games. Even the games we were losing to start the year we were competitive, and we took down some very good teams as well. Now, we get our ass handed to us by some of the worst defenses and goaltenders in the league. TB is a team we should've matched up very well against. Earlier in the year, we abused teams that relied on an attack-centric strategy. We forced turnovers and exploited their shoddy D/goaltending to win games by decent margins. (2 and 3 goal leads were fairly common.) Now, we score 1 goal in two games against fairly weak defenses. We get owned by the Islanders. Imagine how we'll do when we face a strong defensive team?

Something has changed, and its not bounces not going our way, its not the calibre of the teams we are playing...

RNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:53 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNiner View Post
Yes. I really dislike the statistically inclined posters who cherrypick a few stats and then make an arguement based on it, without having watched any of the games. Even the games we were losing to start the year we were competitive, and we took down some very good teams as well. Now, we get our ass handed to us by some of the worst defenses and goaltenders in the league. TB is a team we should've matched up very well against. Earlier in the year, we abused teams that relied on an attack-centric strategy. We forced turnovers and exploited their shoddy D/goaltending to win games by decent margins. (2 and 3 goal leads were fairly common.) Now, we score 1 goal in two games against fairly weak defenses. We get owned by the Islanders. Imagine how we'll do when we face a strong defensive team?

Something has changed, and its not bounces not going our way, its not the calibre of the teams we are playing...

I agree completely. Price is not the same, Cammy, Gio, Kost, all our shooters are invisible. The playmakers are running around looking lost or can't find a shooter. The D is just throwing the puck out of the zone in desperation all the time. I can't watch anymore, it hurts.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:54 AM
HabsolutelyCanadien

Worst thing is I can't believe that whoever it was PG or JM or whoever it was so fu*kin stupid to not *****in keep cedrick desjardins FFS! and not *****in keep guy boucher! IF we would of kept them both like we were suppose to right? I think we might of not even be in this *****in mess!

HabsolutelyCanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:59 AM
HabsByTheBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Cournoyer was my guy. Straight blade, no curve. Fast as hell, wicked backhand. Some of the old guys might remember a breakaway he had in 74 or so, he SWITCHED HANDS and scored.

He also invented the breakaway pull it over then five hole when the goalie had to open up.

I have an old book on Gros Bill, and he said that he roomed with Cournoyer a couple of years. Beliveau said the muscles in Cournoyer's thighs and calfs looked like bricks under his skin. He said he'd never played with anyone that strong.

Loved Yvan.
I was flipping through Brian MacFarlane's book on the Habs, and he had a story about Cournoyer's legs being so strong as a 14 year old that his team had to specially order his pants.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 03:12 AM
JayBee*

I'm just loving the fact that I was called every name in the book for pointing out things in the offseason that are all happening now.

Funny how those who disagreed are either silent or agreeing with me.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 05:13 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
I'm just loving the fact that I was called every name in the book for pointing out things in the offseason that are all happening now.

Funny how those who disagreed are either silent or agreeing with me.
just like you're almost invisible when the Habs are on a winning streak, so... what's your point ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 05:21 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
This.

You dont play like champs for almost 30 games to start playing like bottom feeders the next 30 games...

agreed also on the hating posts, most people were planning the parade not so long ago, praising the whole team, we were contenders most believed... now that we're in a funk we werent great at all, just lucky Price was bailing us out ? seriously...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 06:25 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

His name is Desharnais.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 06:55 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

There's a few rotten apples in there. I think Cammy has been acting like a spoiled child because he didn't get the C.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 07:00 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Call up DD already. Before we go out and get a forward he has to get a chance. This team needs a spark. DD is the perfect choice to try something. We can't score might as well try something.
This. We can't get goals. We have the AHL's leading scorer. No-brainer: Callup.

Martin's system hasn't win us dick, for the last year our success has been tied to goalies in god mode, without that we are mediocre at best.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 07:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
Poor drafting, bad asset managment, and atrocious professional player development has lead us into this position. One player will not help us all that much. We literally need two more top-three forwards with size and skill to be a contender. As always, a number one centre with size would be nice!!

BTW, I find it laughable that we have not developed a star forward in ages and the last player to score 100 points for us played before the San Jose Sharks and Ottawa Senators came into the league and when Chernobyl and the Space Shuttle Challanger diasters were current news events.
Yup the team is in shambles...but we were a top 5 team 3 weeks ago and got to the semi finals last year...both without our top player...but our management is worse than Toronto

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 07:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I'm not totally against calling up Desharnais, if for no other reason than to spank a few guys, challenge their ice time a bit...but the problem is not a lack of skill, the last 2 games we have been sitting back HOPING for something to happen instead of skating and making it happen like we did most of the year. Unlike last year we have been outshooting and outplaying teams all year, except for lately.

Not sure if it's from the coaches or a defense mechanism of losing, but right now the guys are not fully committed offensively, it's forechecking with a moke check and just waiting to get their butts back to their end.

Old
12-31-2010, 07:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
This. We can't get goals. We have the AHL's leading scorer. No-brainer: Callup.

Martin's system hasn't win us dick, for the last year our success has been tied to goalies in god mode, without that we are mediocre at best.
His system completely bottled up Crosby and Malkin last year. Yeah Halak was better than Fleury but in game 7 it wasn't even close.

Old
12-31-2010, 08:58 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
just like you're almost invisible when the Habs are on a winning streak, so... what's your point ?
Really? Why don't you go back and check my posts from October and November, ******?

Old
12-31-2010, 09:02 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
This.

You dont play like champs for almost 30 games to start playing like bottom feeders the next 30 games...

agreed also on the hating posts, most people were planning the parade not so long ago, praising the whole team, we were contenders most believed... now that we're in a funk we werent great at all, just lucky Price was bailing us out ? seriously...
Either you haven't really watched this team or have an extremely low hockey IQ. The team looks the same. The only difference is Price is allowing 4 goals a game rather than 1 or 2. We are a team that lives and dies by our goalie. It's so bloody apparent. Even in the playoffs, when Halak struggled or Price played we got blown the **** out. This is what happens when you can't score goals and play a sh1tty defensive system.

Old
12-31-2010, 09:06 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
His system completely bottled up Crosby and Malkin last year. Yeah Halak was better than Fleury but in game 7 it wasn't even close.
In the end the game wasn't close, but I still wouldn't give "the system" too much credit. The shots were 39 - 20 for the Pens in game 7 and it resembled a shooting gallery against Halak. There wasn't much bottling up from my recollection.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 09:40 AM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
Never been a blame the coach guy but.... i'm starting to think about it.

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote