HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Martin?

View Poll Results: Is it time to fire JM?
Yes, fire him 166 48.26%
No 110 31.98%
No, but if this continues, do it 68 19.77%
Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Serious HABit

vCash: 500
The scott gomez 12 buts 7 million is incredible.

Serious HABit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Rutabaga

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMistyForMe View Post
Well I guess I am not seeing the games this season like you do because I have rarely seen Montreal dominate a game from beginning to end this season. If they take the early lead, they just sit back and let the opposing team take control. If they lose the lead early in the game, they rarely comeback to win it or bring it to OT. They have rarely played three solid periods in a game. They rarely blow out a team. They only have a +4 goal differential overall, SOG 32 / 29, even (+0) against the opposition 5 on 5, one of the worst third period goal production in the league, 25th in the league in goals for, but 4th in goals against. Lots of complaints about the play of Subban, Picard, Gill and Spacek, and with Markov and Gorges out, hard to not put all merit for that 4th best defense squarely on the shoulders of Price.

Good team but certainly not a dominating team so far... a team who will soon have to battle with Carolina and Florida for the 8th place in the playoff standings.

As for the playoffs last year, that's why we have 7 game series, to eliminate the notion of luck. You can't beat two of the top teams in the league in back-to-back seven game series on sheer luck.
To be honest, our best games were done in the beginning of the year.
Ottawa, Buffalo, Phoenix, Islanders...not the best teams in the league, but we won games we were supposed to win, and it was very often well deserved.
With Markov in, we were very convincing during the important games we had to play, shutout Vancouver (even if the last mins of the game were not in total control of the puck), won a nice road game against Boston and blowout Carolina.

Even after his injury, we are still solid at home.

I dont see how a team without his best player could be a dominating team, we have to stay reasonable in our expectations, being "good", and trying to catch something like a 6th spot, far from impossible, its enough for me, for the regular season, if its deserved in the way they played. And it is. We just need to convert more chances, especially in odd-man rushes.

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote