HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So now what?

Old
12-31-2010, 01:24 AM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
That's a cool story, I'm happy for you. Would have HATED to be at that game though, but at least you had fun. I'm pissed when I travel the 1.5 hours to Long Island to see us lose to the Islanders, I can only imagine going to Florida.

No answer to your actual question though sorry.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:26 AM
Habbadasher

I "had" to visit my parents for Christmas, so not a bother really.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:29 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Maybe so but who really knows for certain..

As much as I hate JM as the Habs coach and have since he was first hired I know he won't be canned anytime soon and we're stuck with him and this boring no offense team....
I think a lot of people are putting way too much emphasis on Martin for us lacking offense.
We've been a rather low scoring team for quite some years. Over the past decade, we've been a mediocre-average scoring team with the exception of one season.
Last year, with Gionta-A.Ko-Cammy all missing at least 20games each, on top of the circumstances we were in (new team, system, etc..) it's not a surprise we weren't a power house. This year, prior to our poor streak, we were pretty average.

Martin has coached the same way in Ottawa and has lead his teams to be one of the most productive ones in the NHL.
I feel our players are more to blame than the system to be honest. A lot of our shots come from the perimeter and we're not cycling the puck as well in the offensive zone as we can. Nobody seems to be crashing the net except for Gionta. Our PP has also suffered a great deal and we'd most likely be in the usual average position had it been as successful as it always was.

At least we still are one of the leading teams for GA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
When Cedrik Desjardins looks like a a superstar, you know he is facing the Habs..
He didn't look like a superstar at all. He actually didn't look that good to me at all. A lot of times he was surprised he even made the save and had a bit of luck on his side.
And I believe there's like 5 shots that came from outside his zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
But he still managed to "shut out" the Habs since he stopped every shot he had against him. The only one that went pass him was directed in by his own defenseman.
And one that hit the post. It doesn't matter, he didn't look particularly good tonight. Perhaps it's just nervousness, I'm not saying he'll suck, but if he were facing a team that was hot offensively, he would have had a long night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
You`re exactly right with bringing up the rookies.Not sure what in **** they`re waiting for.......But how is a goalie in the KHL going to help us this year ?
We don't need help this year. Auld has played what..3games?..You don't make a young keeper play 3times in 3months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Actually you could argue that he lost his spot over either Auld or Mayer. I mean, bringing Auld in play was not in the cards for the majority of us. If I would have known that, I would have said that it might as well give it to the best goalie of Sanford and Desjardins and give the #1 job in the AHL to the remaining goalie of the 2. But then, with Auld in play, the idea is that they'd prefer giving the #2 spot to a younger netminder who they think was ready for the challenge. Another decision I didn't agree with and so far Mayer has been ordinairy to say the very least....

Surely Ramo said that he would be coming back...but are we really going to be surprised if he isn't? Unless he's given the #2 job right from the spot and probably unless he's having the guarantee that he'll be in net for more than 3 games a year....If not, being one of the best KHL goalie, it's not too far fetched to think that he could stay there a little bit more.
Sure he might stay there but he left here because the situation in TB was a complete zoo. He certainly didn't give the impression that he crossed out the NHL.

In any event, the Desjardins situation has been incredibly and ridiculously overblown.
It really doesn't matter. Both Ramo and Desjardins are pretty much at the same level, but I believe Ramo has better upside.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:33 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
What you guys are witnessing is a team that is not as good as Price was making them look earlier this season, and DEFINITELY not as good as Halak was making them look last playoffs.

It's the same team, and it's just not a great team. They need near perfect performances from the goalie and Price has been very average the last 10 games or so.

It's a team that overly relies on scoring the first goal, overly relies on the other team making mistakes and doesn't force them. They can't muck it up in the corners, can't put traffic in front of the goalie, can't get deflection goals... it's a team that's limited big time on offense. If we don't score the first goal it's over, if we can't keep the lead it's over..
Bingo...

a team that is 0-14-0 when trailing after two periods cannot be considered anything but very average (if not worse).

saddest part is that the easiest way for this roster to improve, is for young players like Eller/Pouliot/Subban/MaxPac to thrive, and Martin doesn't appear to be the type of coach that will get great performances out of young skill players.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:37 AM
Emanresu Wen

I still cannot believe Eller is getting only 8-9 minutes a night

Emanresu Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:41 AM
Smoke Monster

Hire a forward with a howitzer of a shot and have Gomez line him up at every one of his rushes. Maybe someone like a Ales Kotalik paired with Gomez might work. And we could probably get him for cheap from the tanking flames.

Smoke Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:52 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Just can't believe you didn't give him the Cubs treatment....Should've thrown the puck back on the ice...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:57 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
He didn't look that good. For example, he had trouble with a Subban's slapper from Habs zone... and there's many more examples. The Habs never made him work except from some shots from far away.
I know, Desjardins is barely a NHL backup. Im just saying that we sucks really bad, we are actually the easiest team to play against right now..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 03:18 AM
JayBee*

Don't think I've ever seen 2 "too many men" calls within 30 seconds of each other. People want Martin fired...but how does that look...when you fire a guy the year after he takes you to the ECF? Especially when a guy like Guy Boucher got a job a few months earlier? I'd fire him at the end of the season unless things got really, really bad.

I'm not going to go over predicting this happening so, whatever. System is ****...too many passengers, no finish, crap D.

Oh, and 1 goal against a ****ing AHL goalie who you got rid of... typical Habs.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 03:21 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Now what?

Answer: Sean Couturier or Gabriel Landeskog.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 03:35 AM
HabsolutelyCanadien

yeahhhhhh we might be the easiest team to beat in the last 3 weeks because it's like one of our worst slumps in my recent memory IMO and also I think that we just got tired after the good effort against detroit like someone else said and well price is not playing his best like in oct and nov IMO and I think it's Auld tmrw night hopefully against his old team and I hope our team finally wins! it's all good their is still 44 games left most of them home and we are really good at home so yeah it's all good were gonna win how many games we need to be 7th or 8th in the playoffs and now we have a realllllllll defence with the wiz and especially when gorges is back 100 percent and ready to play with us and I predict that PG is gonna give how much money it takes or how much picks it takes or not so good players on our team to finally get our hands on a TOP 6 FORWARD so we can finally be able to win more games more often and finally have the best chance to win the cup! GO HABS GO!!!!!!!

HabsolutelyCanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 04:19 AM
m00ks

This slump reeeeeeeks of confidence issues. I thought Wiz would be a big shot on the arm. Guess not. It's hard to point fingers when the defense is balls and the offense is limp. I can count on one finger that amount of players that are doing what they are here to do.

Let's be real. This team is not this bad and is certainly capable of doing a lot better. We've seen it. In the same light, it is what it is. This team cannot live on individual talent alone and will have to rely on the sum of its parts. Top to bottom. From the top six, to supporting cast, to the defensive corps all the way to goaltending.

They need a shake up though. Whether it comes from coaching, locker room leaders, call ups, trades, hell even a different outlook with the turn of the year, whatever gets them over this hump.

I'll start panicking if we fall out of the top 8. Hopefully it doesn't have to come to that.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 04:27 AM
TheBuriedHab

Give DD a chance? The guy has been tearing the ahl up. I know, he doesn't have the size or speed, but give him a shot, a fair shot with some decent linemates. Look I love Eller's play but hes not putting up points right now, we need more production from our bottom 6. Hes making dustin Boyd look great down there. Try him please.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 06:08 AM
TheBourkeIdentity

Quote:
In the 6 games on this road trip thus far the Habs have scored a grand total of 9 ****ing goals and have given up 21 goals against... Averaging 1.5 goals a game ain't gonna win you many games in the NHL..
And 2 of those goals were scroed by .... Picard ... making him, I believe our most consistent goal scorer in the last 6 games.

TheBourkeIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 06:13 AM
TheBourkeIdentity

One thing I'll add on a, sort of, semi-positive note.

We're (myself included although I don't think I posted anything here) *****ing about the Habs losing to the defensively weak Islanders.

Well, the Isles are on a bit of a roll. That weak defense broke Crosby's 25(?) game scoring streak and beat the Pens 2-1.

TheBourkeIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 07:21 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
I read this article about a week or so ago and thought that it was all BS concerning Martin but after 9 games now since the altercation happened so I'm not so sure anymore.. It was probably posted here before but still interesting to read since it was updated today.. BS or there is something to it maybe?

http://www.habstalkradio.com/2471/wh...a-second-look/
Interesting for certain, does make a lot of sense, but at the same time its the GM's job to win and I'd have to believe if he knew that kind of BS was going on he'd stand up and say cut the **** we need to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Now what?

Answer: Sean Couturier or Gabriel Landeskog.
Yeah it be nice if a center or forward actually stood in front of the puck, and we all know couturier still has some chemistry with leblanc *drool, although its just a pipe dream as NJ pretty much has him locked up

Regardless maybe i should remake my thread from last year where I used numbers to say we can't make it and then show why its not possible even if we do to go farther then the first round

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 10:03 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAverageHF View Post
One thing I'll add on a, sort of, semi-positive note.

We're (myself included although I don't think I posted anything here) *****ing about the Habs losing to the defensively weak Islanders.

Well, the Isles are on a bit of a roll. That weak defense broke Crosby's 25(?) game scoring streak and beat the Pens 2-1.
And the night after the Isles blew us out they got scorched by the Rags 7-2.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 10:14 AM
sampollock

thing is, when does something give, can't keep falling.

to go from 3rd, and now close to 10th, PG has to stop the bleeding.

jm seems to have lost the room?

but know one thing for sure, Gionta this is why you get paid 5mil and wear the C,
take control of that room

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:14 PM
raz123

Anyone else noticed that PK Subban seemed very reluctant to carry the puck and would get rid of it at the first occasion he saw?

Habs are ruining this kid.

raz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:20 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz123 View Post
Anyone else noticed that PK Subban seemed very reluctant to carry the puck and would get rid of it at the first occasion he saw?

Habs are ruining this kid.
poor little kid, what a disaster huh ? poor guy will never be a NHL regular, all that cause things didnt went his way in his rookie season...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 03:55 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
poor little kid, what a disaster huh ? poor guy will never be a NHL regular, all that cause things didnt went his way in his rookie season...
The problem lies in the fact he was more effective when he was allowed to play HIS game. He is making more mistakes defensively now then he ever did, and he's bringing absolutely nothing offensively to the team because his biggest asset is his ability to rush the puck and the level of confidence he usually plays with.

It's kind of sad that our coaching staff has not used his assets to make this team better, they are more focused on breaking down his game when infact there is veterans on this team playing twice as bad as him.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 03:59 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
The problem lies in the fact he was more effective when he was allowed to play HIS game. He is making more mistakes defensively now then he ever did, and he's bringing absolutely nothing offensively to the team because his biggest asset is his ability to rush the puck and the level of confidence he usually plays with.

It's kind of sad that our coaching staff has not used his assets to make this team better, they are more focused on breaking down his game when infact there is veterans on this team playing twice as bad as him.
fact is, he was on pace for around 20 pts while not being great at all defensively... if that's what you're talking about when mentionning HIS game... good thing JM tried something...

but for now, forget about it, lets just cry over the little guy who saw his dream of becoming an NHLer destroyed by being scratched a few times in his rookie season...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote