HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price is wearing out his Knees

Old
12-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Habblues

vCash: 500
Price is wearing out his Knees

How many goals in the last two weeks has been because Carey Price is down on his knees ??? Here we go again folks. I thought he finally saw the light this season being as he was making so many save while standing up. He`s gone back to his old ways...He is some easy to scout, make a fake shot, wait for him to drop then shoot high right side because he`s where-else ? ON HIS KNEES !!!! Has he just given up because the rest of the team SUCKS these days ?

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:28 PM
expy

He's a butterfly goalie man.

expy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:29 PM
phoque taupe

yeah because 9 goals in 6 games scored by our team gonna help us win anyway

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Coldplay
Courage

People do not get that this is not the 60's. Goalies play a butterfly style and drop to their knees, eliminating the greatest possibility of a goal going in. It is the most effective style and it's not going anywhere. It is continually being perfected as its adoption becomes ubiquitous.

Would you rather he stand up the entire time and be beaten down low where he's even more vulnerable than when he goes down up high?

jeez.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:34 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Really? After a game where TB scores on a 5 on 3, PS and and own goal? Wtf you want him to do? Tell me what situation should he not have been on his knees? 5 on 3 might appear weak but he was caught cheating which is understandable considering it was a 5 on 3! He hasn't been that great but still better than most on this team right now.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:42 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
How many goals in the last two weeks has been because Carey Price is down on his knees ??? Here we go again folks. I thought he finally saw the light this season being as he was making so many save while standing up. He`s gone back to his old ways...He is some easy to scout, make a fake shot, wait for him to drop then shoot high right side because he`s where-else ? ON HIS KNEES !!!! Has he just given up because the rest of the team SUCKS these days ?
Don't start blaming Price, this is the stupidest thread here if it gets to this.

This team is not scoring, and we can't win 1-0 and 2-1 every game.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:21 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Seriously, he's the only reason some Habs games are close.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 12-30-2010 at 11:12 PM.
The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Habblues

Come on guys, are you serious ? Earlier on this season he was standing up more and not dropping so darn early. Hence he wasn`t getting beat as much. When he loses his confidence his first instinct is to drop. That`s all I`m saying.I watched Thedore play the same way here in Fredericton.I understand the butterfly goalie style but ya gotta know when to drop and when to hold your ground....DID I SAY HE`S THE REASON WE CAN`T SCORE ? **** NO !

Old
12-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Really? After a game where TB scores on a 5 on 3, PS and and own goal? Wtf you want him to do? Tell me what situation should he not have been on his knees? 5 on 3 might appear weak but he was caught cheating which is understandable considering it was a 5 on 3! He hasn't been that great but still better than most on this team right now.
Ummm did ya watch the game against the Caps ? Islanders......He`s not sharp AT ALL.

Old
12-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Ummm did ya watch the game against the Caps ? Islanders......He`s not sharp AT ALL.
Not being sharp =/= "wearing out his knees"

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:28 PM
MaKi

I think one game he should just not go into butterfly at all. Post game comments would go something like;

Brian Wilde: "Why didn't you drop into the butterfly when you saw them shooting low?"

Price: "Truth is I was reading the Canadiens section of HFBoards the other day and there was a very insightful post made by Habblues. He said that shooters would fake before shooting, so I took his word for it, I think it went well."

Brian Wilde: "Well you did look good on those two shots you stopped on their way to the top corner, but you let in 7 soft shots along the ice..."

Price: "I guess you're right, I should have guessed with a name like HabBlues that he was just a Halak fan waiting for his chance to take a jab at me. What can you do? Haters gonna hate, amirite Brian!?"

MaKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKi View Post
I think one game he should just not go into butterfly at all. Post game comments would go something like;

Brian Wilde: "Why didn't you drop into the butterfly when you saw them shooting low?"

Price: "Truth is I was reading the Canadiens section of HFBoards the other day and there was a very insightful post made by Habblues. He said that shooters would fake before shooting, so I took his word for it, I think it went well."

Brian Wilde: "Well you did look good on those two shots you stopped on their way to the top corner, but you let in 7 soft shots along the ice..."

Price: "I guess you're right, I should have guessed with a name like HabBlues that he was just a Halak fan waiting for his chance to take a jab at me."
I`m a Habs fan plain and simple. I was thrilled to see Price start off as hotas he did. We would be below the Leafs without him,BUT he`s gotta get it going again.

Old
12-31-2010, 01:19 AM
bipolarhabfan

This team seems to be the same every year. We are relying on our goalie to play sensationally to win any games because we cannot score more than a goal. QUIT blaming Price! He is far from a concern right now.

bipolarhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 04:56 AM
Fifthgear

Quote:
Hello, wake up, have you really seen lately the games !!!!!!! Where´s the offense, Price can score goals, if it wasn´t for Price in the beginning of the year, we would be playing for the last place of the conference with the Devils and Islanders. Picking on the wrong guy. The ones to pick on are Gomez, Moen, Lapierre, Spacek ... In by the way, this storm started when Martin decided to bench Subban.

Fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 07:05 AM
Athlétique_Canadien

Habs fans. Nervous nellies everywhere. Whiners. Ask 29 fans of every other stripe about this contastrophy and they'd look at you sideways.

Athlétique_Canadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 07:14 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
A goalie his size covers a lot more net in the butterfly on close in shots. Not sure where you seen that he has "given up".

1st goal was 5 on 3, 2nd goal was a brutal non call with Stankos crashing into Spacek and him and the puck deflected off somebody. 3rd goal the defense and him lost sight of the puck and Stamkos wrapped it around in a scrum. 4th one was a spinarama penality shot

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 07:24 AM
speed11

he does appear to be going down a little more/earlier than he was in previous games, i really think it's just fatigue. he looks tired out there to me, physically and mentally, and you can't fault him too much for that.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 07:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
he does appear to be going down a little more/earlier than he was in previous games, i really think it's just fatigue. he looks tired out there to me, physically and mentally, and you can't fault him too much for that.
Hopefully Auld gets the start tonight. I think it's ridiculous that they overplay him that much...it's not like Auld sucks, he's been very good except the Toronto game.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 07:26 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
and it begins...
he is really the only reason the Habs are where they are
cant win if you dont score.....

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 07:29 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
agreed .....folks WTFU and smell the coffee

we cant score on a PS3 right now ....our D is slow and making way too many mistakes and we are blaming Price

if it wasnt for him we would be 10 points out now

where is our " superstar Pleks that you all anointed "

where is Cammy and Gio lately ?

remember what I said folks , last year was a FLUKE ..and it wont be repeated

we dont have the skill to win anything and all we did was mish mash a lineup in free agency

now we have to make the painful decision and the right one

Markov...Kosty....Gill.....and Hammer adios amigos ....let them go via trades or let them walk in the summer

take the cap and go in a different direction because it will get ugly keeping them

you dont need to spend like a drunk ...we got Halpern on the cheap and is better than 80% of the signings out there

bottom line we need a new direction ....make it happen

let someone else pick up Komi for 4.5 and watch a 6th dman in action

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 08:27 AM
Habblues

Once again I didn`t say it was Price`s fault that we haven`t won lately !! It`s just something I`ve noticed.

Old
12-31-2010, 08:36 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
It's fatigue, mental and physical fatigue. Even if he was caught cheating on the St. Louis goal, the shot was easily stopped by his glove had he moved it. You'd be tired too, bailing out this horrible team night after night.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 08:47 AM
Darch

Quote:
Originally Posted by expy View Post
He's a butterfly goalie man.
They're all butterfly goalies, now. It's how they are thought, cover low, remain square to the puck.

The Habs were over achieving early in the season because Price was playing above his head. Now he's back to normal, and so are the Habs...8th spot, fighting for a playoff spot.

Darch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 09:16 AM
sampollock

price gave wins to this team at the start of year, when does the team, start winning games for him?

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 10:26 AM
LesCanadiens

Mr

Quote:
Once again I didn`t say it was Price`s fault that we haven`t won lately !! It`s just something I`ve noticed.
God forbid you offer your view on a discussion board. All the apologist fanbois get their panties all tied in knots.

Your points are valid, but as usual, the fanbois here get all defensive and cry that it's not Prices fault we're losing. Winning is a team effort, so is losing.

He's been declining in his play right along with this team. What's the big deal about pointing it out?

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote