HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Darryl could swing trade

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2004, 10:07 AM
  #1
KING
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
Darryl could swing trade

Or, it could be worth trading away the pick for a couple of second rounders. The New York Rangers have five second-round selections in their hands, to go with a pair of first-rounders, and you can bank on clubs wanting to get a hold of a couple of those picks.

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam040623/nhl_cal1-sun.html

KING is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 10:19 AM
  #2
Potted Plant
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Very interesting. To me, it comes down to whether there is someone we really want at Calgary's spot that we're not confident will be around at #24. I've wanted Mike Green for some time, and many mocks have him going in the 20-22 range. If he's available at #19, I think it could be worth a trade up to get him.

Potted Plant is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 10:45 AM
  #3
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
Very interesting. To me, it comes down to whether there is someone we really want at Calgary's spot that we're not confident will be around at #24. I've wanted Mike Green for some time, and many mocks have him going in the 20-22 range. If he's available at #19, I think it could be worth a trade up to get him.
I like Green as well, but would be content to wait to see if either him or Valabik fall to us at #24.

True Blue is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 11:04 AM
  #4
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I like Green as well, but would be content to wait to see if either him or Valabik fall to us at #24.
I'm not taken with Valabik. I'd be happier if Lyamin was to drop to 24, but I'm afraid that won't happen. So, i'd make the deal and grab Lyamin at 19, and then set my sights on another forward...Zajac, perhaps?

jas is online now  
Old
06-23-2004, 12:10 PM
  #5
Park #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING
Or, it could be worth trading away the pick for a couple of second rounders. The New York Rangers have five second-round selections in their hands, to go with a pair of first-rounders, and you can bank on clubs wanting to get a hold of a couple of those picks.

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam040623/nhl_cal1-sun.html
Do Not count out Lundmark being used here either.

Park #2 is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 12:12 PM
  #6
Potted Plant
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park #2
Do Not count out Lundmark being used here either.
Hey Park, do you have any last-minute inside scoop for us to salivate over for a while? Any trade talks being actively pursued that look reasonably likely or at least reasonably possible? Any info on who we're looking at drafting after the 1st round?

Potted Plant is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.