HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Desharnais called -up

Old
01-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
In what aspect of the game Pyatt is better than Moen ?

We need a guy who can protect his teammate and Moen is the only one who can do this job.

Pyatt is the most useless player in the history of the NHL
Johan Witehall

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 06:00 PM
katatoniak

Quote:
In what aspect of the game Pyatt is better than Moen ?

We need a guy who can protect his teammate and Moen is the only one who can do this job.

He's not doing it very much ....

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 07:33 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlajeunesse91 View Post
Now lets call up White to replace Pyatt!!!! PLEASE
Since he returned from injury Whitey has been a step and a half behind the AHL play. He's never been that fast and doesn't seem to be engaging in anything. When he has fought this year he is usually the punching bag. Don't think he's your answer at this time.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Desharnais was like a deer in the headlights today.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 09:00 PM
coolasprICE

who's the bigger midget, Desh or Gio?

And by bigger midget, I mean who is smaller!

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 11:07 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

from this one game, it's obvious already that he'll need to improve his skating if he wants to stick as a regular NHLer.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 11:09 PM
dd

Sheesh! Desharnais played one game today, a little over 13 minutes and several of you are ready to move him to wing. Have you ever seriously seen him play during long stretches, either junior or AHL? Grow up and give him time, before making a "pro" scouting report!

dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 11:22 PM
RNiner

Missed the game, what line did Desharnais play on, did he get any PP time, etc.

RNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 11:23 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd View Post
Sheesh! Desharnais played one game today, a little over 13 minutes and several of you are ready to move him to wing. Have you ever seriously seen him play during long stretches, either junior or AHL? Grow up and give him time, before making a "pro" scouting report!
whet do you expect, lots were saying he'd be great and everything, he didnt show that today... so, even though it's only one game, time for plan B for our savior!

if he was just a rookie playing his first NHL game of the year, that'd be a different story though!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 01:00 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Did you enjoy the Habs' playoff run last year? If so, please remember that Tom Pyatt played a nice secondary role in that run.

When Pouliot and Kostitsyn were failing in their own zone, Pyatt could be counted upon to eat up minutes responsibly while the Habs played with the lead. He was also statistically our best penalty killer in 2009-2010, playoffs included.

Is he an offensive dynamo? No. But 3rd and 4th liners do not have to be dynamos offensively. They need to be able to play important minutes while making few mistakes.

Pyatt is good at that, not average....GOOD. He always has been, going back to TCJ two times.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 01:13 AM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Desharnais was great today with Pouls & Darche.. My only concern is that Eller was the player that got benched today.. What do we do with him? Desharnais is supperior skill wise CURRENTLY then Eller but it is plain out not healthy to have him stay in the stands... Should he play with Pouliot AND Desharnais? Or should we send him to Hamilton (eventhough he got himself a place would suck bigtime for him)? I really have a hard time seeing Eller in the stands OR on a 4th line.... Can Desharnais potentialy play the wing? Or will the Habs trade to find a spot for Eller?

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Johan Witehall
bingo. Whitehall was the most useless player I've ever seen on montreal.

Pyatt only looks useless when you look at his stats, but he can actually do certain things very well. I'm not saying he's a 3rd liner or even an everyday player, but I like how responsible he is. I love the way he's able to use the boards to his advantage whether its to keep possession in the offensive zone or to force the puck out in the defensive end.

He brings zero offensively, and that's what limits him from being an everyday player, but he does have a stabilizing effect out there.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 02:36 AM
RNiner

Right now at least, Darche is a much more useful plug then Moen, but he is still a plug. I'd like to see:

AK/Pleks/Cam
G/G/Pac
Pouliot/Desharnais/Eller
Pyatt/Halpern/Darche

Moen to the PB.

Darche played over 15 minutes tonight, which is just crazy. He's a perfect 4th liner, but it makes no sense to sit a perfect 3rd liner in Eller and overplay Darche.

RNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 02:57 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
bingo. Whitehall was the most useless player I've ever seen on montreal.

Pyatt only looks useless when you look at his stats, but he can actually do certain things very well. I'm not saying he's a 3rd liner or even an everyday player, but I like how responsible he is. I love the way he's able to use the boards to his advantage whether its to keep possession in the offensive zone or to force the puck out in the defensive end.

He brings zero offensively, and that's what limits him from being an everyday player, but he does have a stabilizing effect out there.
Fact is : Pyatt would probably not play in the NHL right now if he was playing anywhere else than in Montreal. Or maybe in Anaheim, Dallas and Toronto.

There is very few "Tom Pyatt's" around the league : A player that is there stricly for his defensive play, who can't contribute offensively and who's not there for toughness or for fighting.

Who are the other ones? Here's a list of all the NHL player with more than 25 games played, with 6 points or less, and who can't really fight :

ANA - Nick Bonino : 26-0-0-0
DAL - Toby Petersen : 34-1-2-3
MTL : Tom Pyatt : 33-1-2-3
NYI - Jon Sim : 30-1-2-3
NAS - Nick Spaling : 31-2-1-3
SJ - Jamie McGinn : 38-0-4-4
ANA - Todd Marchant : 41-0-4-4
TOR - Fredrik Sjostrom : 37-1-3-4
DAL - Tom Wandell : 37-3-1-4
DET - Drew Miller : 32-1-4-5
LA - Trevor Lewis : 28-2-3-5
MTL - Lars Eller : 38-2-4-6
TOR - Tim Brent : 36-3-3-6

Fact is : on most of the NHL team, EVERY player can contribute offensively OR fight.

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 04:18 AM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Fact is : Pyatt would probably not play in the NHL right now if he was playing anywhere else than in Montreal. Or maybe in Anaheim, Dallas and Toronto.

There is very few "Tom Pyatt's" around the league : A player that is there stricly for his defensive play, who can't contribute offensively and who's not there for toughness or for fighting.

Who are the other ones? Here's a list of all the NHL player with more than 25 games played, with 6 points or less, and who can't really fight :

Fact is : on most of the NHL team, EVERY player can contribute offensively OR fight.
Totally agree, our team would be much better without Eller and Pyatt.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 05:02 AM
habsjunkie2*

Tommy Pyatt doesn't belong on a NHL roster. He's terrible. You don't carry a guy for strictly pking when he sucks terribly at 5on5. When he's gone the team will benefit greatly.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 05:26 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Tommy Pyatt doesn't belong on a NHL roster. He's terrible. You don't carry a guy for strictly pking when he sucks terribly at 5on5. When he's gone the team will benefit greatly.
He doesn't suck at 5 on 5, he just doesn't score much. He rarely hurts the team, he rarely makes a mistake, and he chews up ice-time for a dirt cheap contract.

If you could sign 3 guys like Tom Pyatt to play on your 4th line, play 10-12 minutes per game of normally mistake-free hockey - you'd have a better chance at winning. Your PK would be top notch, you're shutdown line would be above average, and you'd have more money to spend on your top-9.

What does Travis Moen do so much better than Pyatt? Hit? Fight? He's not very good at either. And Pyatt is better defensively and just as good on the forecheck. 3 Tom Pyatt's would make the same about $$$ as one Travis Moen. That right there would save you, at minimum, $1M per season on the cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post

You can feel however you want, my feeling on Pyatt is right above.

And I'd take Sjostrom on the Habs in a heartbeat though.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 05:31 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

why don't we make pyatt a D and OK into a forward lol

actually, srs question. PK Subban....why did he himself start playing D? why didn't he just become a forward from the beginning. how come no coach ever thought to change his position. it seems he'd be a better 2 way winger, or at least it would probably be easier and more natural.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 07:45 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

The Habs seem to have a log jam in the bottom six and at center.

Desharnais created some turmoil against Atlanta and quite honestly he didn't look as slow as I thought he would especially after reading some of the comments. I'm sorry his playing though came at the expense of Eller.

Moen: I could do without especially after yesterday and watching him on the go ahead goal at the end of the second. I just don't see the contribution from him that I thought I'd see. And that goes back to last year.

Darche: I don't have a problem with him. He's constantly creating havoc and is one of the few players willing to go to the net.

Halpern: was a bit disappointing in the faceoff circle. Desharnais was not.

Eller: he just has too much skill to be left behind. And he plays a physical game.

I don't know what's going to happen with the roster but I wouldn't be surprised if there is another trade this week or another move of some sort. I hope it's Moen in a package for a top six. Not likely but it's what I hope for anyway. LOL

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 08:00 AM
BLONG7

not a fan of DD...he did not look like an NHLer....not to mention it was Eller who sat?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
not a fan of DD...he did not look like an NHLer....not to mention it was Eller who sat?
Seriously? He made quite a few nice passes, worked his ass off in front of the net, and covered defenseman when they pinched. What mroe could you ask of the guy besides scoring, which his line looked a lot better than our #1 line.

I too, wish Eller was in the lineup (and on the same line as Desharnais). But Desharnais played well - and about as well as Eller has played this year.

I'd scratch Moen.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 08:30 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Seriously? He made quite a few nice passes, worked his ass off in front of the net, and covered defenseman when they pinched. What mroe could you ask of the guy besides scoring, which his line looked a lot better than our #1 line.

I too, wish Eller was in the lineup (and on the same line as Desharnais). But Desharnais played well - and about as well as Eller has played this year.

I'd scratch Moen.
Moen, Pyatt or AKOS all can be scratched...I do believe DD needs a few games to adjust, sorry I just didn't see what you had seen...but i do think he could be some help to the team if he gets a decent chance...could...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Windymind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Moen, Pyatt or AKOS all can be scratched...I do believe DD needs a few games to adjust, sorry I just didn't see what you had seen...but i do think he could be some help to the team if he gets a decent chance...could...
You want to trade AK?!? His +/- is at +9, the best of the team. And he's top 4 pointer. He looks slow and inconsistent. But at this stage of the season, his numbers can prove a certain consistency. He is not the problem at the offense.

Our top 6 is: Plek, Cam, Ak, Gomez, Gionta, Pach. I wouldn't trade any of them. I'd trade moen, pouliot, Halpern or pyatt for robust defensive forwards for 3rd/4th line or a pair for Desharnais. I'd trade Pouliot before Moen though.

Desharnais rocks. He is the 3rd center for the rest of the season. I have no problem with 3 offensive trios.

Windymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
He doesn't suck at 5 on 5, he just doesn't score much. He rarely hurts the team, he rarely makes a mistake, and he chews up ice-time for a dirt cheap contract.

If you could sign 3 guys like Tom Pyatt to play on your 4th line, play 10-12 minutes per game of normally mistake-free hockey - you'd have a better chance at winning. Your PK would be top notch, you're shutdown line would be above average, and you'd have more money to spend on your top-9.

What does Travis Moen do so much better than Pyatt? Hit? Fight? He's not very good at either. And Pyatt is better defensively and just as good on the forecheck. 3 Tom Pyatt's would make the same about $$$ as one Travis Moen. That right there would save you, at minimum, $1M per season on the cap.

You can feel however you want, my feeling on Pyatt is right above.

And I'd take Sjostrom on the Habs in a heartbeat though.
Moen doesn't fight often, but he is very good at it. Just check his fight against Chris Neil in the preseason. And this season he go at it against Clarkson, Konopka and McCormick. 2 draw and 1 victory. He should play like those 3 guys.

Sorry but you need energy in your bottom 6 and it's not Tom Pyatt who will bring this. He is so boring (just like his coach, that's why he is his favourite). On 5 on 5 YES he is awful. Good defensivily ? He is -5... That's not my favourite stats but I can't evaluate him with the goals and points For the moment, he only steal the place to a better hockey players in the minor or on the press box

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 10:53 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windymind View Post
You want to trade AK?!? His +/- is at +9, the best of the team. And he's top 4 pointer. He looks slow and inconsistent. But at this stage of the season, his numbers can prove a certain consistency. He is not the problem at the offense.

Our top 6 is: Plek, Cam, Ak, Gomez, Gionta, Pach. I wouldn't trade any of them. I'd trade moen, pouliot, Halpern or pyatt for robust defensive forwards for 3rd/4th line or a pair for Desharnais. I'd trade Pouliot before Moen though.

Desharnais rocks. He is the 3rd center for the rest of the season. I have no problem with 3 offensive trios.
Don't get fooled by this stat. AK is playing on a top line with Pleks and Cammy, and they usually play against opponent's checking line with very low offensive skills.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote