HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob' interview in Russian Newspaper

Old
01-27-2011, 09:14 PM
CSKA1974

vCash: 500
Bob' interview in Russian Newspaper

Bob gave an awsome interview Russian news paper "Sovetskiy Sport". I attached a picture of him with his girlfriend. Apparently, ahe is unable to get an American visa and they are going to meet in Toronto during ASG break.

As usual, his interview was very mature.

His parents are visiting him right now, so he is on home cooking diet till the end of January.

His parents are amazed how popular a d how loved is there son in Philadelphia.

Last edited by CSKA1974: 07-17-2012 at 12:18 PM.
CSKA1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:18 PM
JVR21
Sexy Hexy

vCash: 50
Translated article please?

JVR21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Terence Peterman

That picture is kind of funny.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Flyerfan4life

she looks like she has some Russian gypsy blood in her...

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 09:36 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Google translate of the article, blows.

That's a shame about his gf. Kind of ****ed up.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:04 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

best try...

Quote:
The pair of days ago goalkeeper Sergey Bobrovskiy helped “pilots” to gain 1000- yu victory in their history. It became 21- y in the quarry of Siberian in [NKHL]. Fellow carries out only first season, but he already became the star “Of [flayerz]”. It can obtain “Colder [Trofi]” for the best novice leagues. Perhaps not occasion for the interview? The special correspondent “Soviet sport” urgently left to Philadelphia…

Again, Bobrovskiy gained only 21 victory in [NKHL].

It conducted only 32 matches in the quarry.

It even they did not select on the glass rod. It jumped out as imp from the snuff-box.

And it became star in 22 years.

In the club store “of Philadelphia” you are encountered the sports shirt with the inscription “What of about Of bob?” These are the name of the popular comedy of the beginning of the 90th “A as Bob?” with Bill [Myurreem]. But sports shirt, of course, in Bobrovskiy's honor.

Or here one more. Goalkeeper of the against the background forbidding sign. Slogan “washers stop here!”. And pointer to the trap of the ex-goalkeeper “Of [kuzni]”.

Bobrovskiy's sweater they hang in one row with the local idols - Richards, [Prongerom], [Brierom]… Price - 199 dollars. “Bobrovskiy” disperses on hurray.

“TO ME THEY GIVE CHANCE”
Sergey does not suspect about his popularity. He indicates that still never glanced in the club store. Already all left from the cloakroom “of Philadelphia”. But Bobrovskiy waits, when your correspondent works out in the room of guests and arrives at it at the interview.

“It is must 20 minutes? Not problem, I will wait”.

- A we when will wait for your first “block” in [NKHL]? All you walk all around yes near…

- To me it is much more important than the victory. But will arrive time, and “at zero” I will play.

- You vividly made a debut in [NKHL]. But in December mudflow in the reserve. “Physics” was not sufficient?

- It is simple drops in the game. Us there was three in [vratarskoy] brigade - I, Bush, [Leyton]. It can seem that I excuse do search for? Simply thus it came out. Much I work on itself. But which was, then is past.

They give chance to me. I try to squeeze out everything of it. I want to prove that it is worthy to play in “Philadelphia”.

- Did fall stone from the soul, when into the pharm- club they did send [Leytona]?

- Simpler it became in the plan for training. It is heavy to be prepared for the games, when two winch even three goalkeepers. In any event thought about the fact that into the minor league they could send me, it is necessary to chase where further. Work, and all.

… Bobrovskiy does seem by correct boy? You were not mistaken. It such there is. In its American life now only hockey. On the tenth plan - everything else. Sergey understands, that in this chance of life it is necessary to be engaged by teeth.

“TO THE MATCH AS TO THE HOLIDAY”
- In me parents on January 4 arrived, reports Bobrovskiy. - As leave on the work they gave, immediately they flew to America. Happy life began! Now are borsch, and dumplings, and everything that you will wish. To run home after training from all feet!

- Pelmeni in the states are called “dumplings”.

- A I them even did not try. With our, Siberian, nothing will be compared! [Ekh], is it's a pity, that mom with dad they leave at the end January. Again it is necessary to walk on the restaurants.

- To parents it was pleased in America?

- Still! They never saw so that 20 thousand people thus would ache for me. The attitude of people toward hockey in Philadelphia is surprising. Here that not match, then is holiday.

- A in Novokuznetsk how much did come to the stadium?

- Recently quickly not much. Thousand three or four.

- You are selected already to the city center?

- Now yes, when it purchased machine. It noted to vapor of the restaurants, where it is possible to sup. But at first only house it sat. And it was heavy with the language.

- The seeds of the Varlams it began to slowly give interview in the English…

- To everything its time! But we are well familiar with The [varlamovym]. Yearlings children indeed, still by children against each other played. Then in the youth composite. But now they grew to [NKHL]. Recently they were encountered with “Washington”…

- What automobile they did acquire?

- “[Leksus]”. This machine always pleased. Comfortable, with the large baggage carrier - portmanteau with the hockey form gets in. Agent Paul [Teofanos] helped to purchase. Salon found, it said prices.

- On credit they did take, as it is accepted in the USA?

- Why? Immediately everything paid.

- Were obtained American rights?

- I drive thus far with the Russians. I do not know, it is possible. Yet they did not stop, laughs Bobrovskiy.

“Bob! Bob! Bob!”
In the honor of Bobrovskiy in Philadelphia they altered Heath Lady Of gaga “Of bad of romance”. Now they sing “Bob of romance”, i.e., novel with Bob. But already Sergey was removed in the laughable new-year roller.

- There this subject, tells Bobrovskiy. - Leading in the suit Santa [Klausa] poses the different questions: “From where I did arrive? ”, “as me they do call? ”, “as the matters?”. But I everything answer: “Bob!” - stupid I smile. Like as soon as one word I know.

But generally I in English already much understand. It is simple to speak thus far heavily.

- Why you do play under the 35th number?

- Entire life it came out under the first. But here it is raised under the roof of palace - it belonged to Bernie [Parent]. In the composite somehow it played under the 35th. It took here, once already is an experience.

- In this season directly the harvest “of bean”. You do not find?

- These are you about the fact that already Igor [Bobkov] did shoot on the youth world championship? - smiles Bobrovskiy. - I saw only finale. I will not separate someone from the players. Entire command was beaten for gold.

- A why only finale?

- First time was not sufficient, then “Philadelphia” played. But during the match with Canada we were situated in New Jersey. And in the evening it looked. In the enthusiasm it was, certainly.

- You in the school did not tease by Dubrovskiy? Surnames are similar.

- Everything was more simply. They called me beaver. But here it tied Bob.

“I FLY TO THE GIRL TO TORONTO”
- In your life there is something besides hockey?

- When there are no trainings and matches, I try to be distracted. I associate with my girl on “[skaypu]” or look cinema. If only hockey in the head - so is also cannot. It is possible to burn out.

- Why girl to you to Philadelphia does not arrive?

- Serious problems with the visa. It they do not release in the USA. For me this as snow to the head…

- You indeed already well-known hockey player in America. Really in the embassy they cannot go towards?

- No, as you see. Recently [Olya] again walked to the interview. And again failure. They speak, to lonely girl something to make in the states. They suspect, that she wants illegally to emigrate.

- They were upset, that on the starry party were not necessary the goalkeeper- novices? [Dadonova] here called, but - you are not.

- The match “all stars” - not my purpose to the season.

- That they are intended to make during the interruption?

- I will go to Toronto to the girl. Let us conduct together five days. Canadian- that visa in it exists. But when “Philadelphia” arrived flying to Vancouver, we together met Christmas.

… This is subject for the cinema. Olga following that loved travels on Canada. When it played in Montreal, it arrived flying to Toronto from Russia. It had to fall on match, but aircraft was detained. When [Olya] reached Montreal, [Serezha] dashed it to meet. They were seen entire nothing - it had to return with the command to America.

From Montreal to Vancouver, from the east to the West. Six hours of flight to one side.

IN the USA it they do not release.

I joked: “It can, to you into the Canadian club ask?”

- I am happy, that I play for “Philadelphia”. But let us somehow solve problem with the visa, sighed Bobrovskiy.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

I appreciate your try, but that was painful.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Villedelphia*

Haha Lets Go Pilots!

Villedelphia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:26 PM
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93

vCash: 200
I like the part about the all star game not being his purpose to the season

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Villedelphia*

I hope his girlfriend gets here before he develops that snow to the head addiction

Villedelphia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 10:35 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
Translated article please?
I will translate to the best of my abilities with a few ommisions. and bad spelling:

A few days ago Sergey Bobrovskiy (BoB) helped Flyers to win their 1000 game at home. It also was 21 st win inb his NHL carrier. He is just a rookie, but already a Flyers star. He can be nominated for a Calder trophy as a rookie of the year. So the correspondent of "sovetskiy Sport flew over to Philadelphia.
Again, Bob has won just 21 games, has played in 32 games. He was was not drafted and became a star in his 22 years of age.
Sergey does not even know how popular he is. He agreed to wait for the interviewer- "20 minutes? No problem , I will wait".
Q: When will you finally get a shot out? A: The wins are more important to me. The time for shot out will come.

Q: You had a fantastic start of the season, but you were benched in December. Didi you get tired? A: My game had diminished. There were 3 of us goalies. It may seem that I am looking for excuses , but I have been working on my improvement. And my decline is over. They are giving me a chance and I try to squeze everything out of it. I want to prove that I am worthy of playing in Philadelphia

Q: Is it easier now, since Leighton was sent to farm club? A: Much easier with practice. It was hard to prepare for the games, when you have 2 nets and 3 goalies. In any case, I am not thinking that I could have been sent to the Phantoms. I need to work , that's all.

Does Bobrovskiy seemto be on a right track? You are not mistaken- he is. There is only hockey in his American life, everything else in the 10th place. Sergey understands, that he has to grab this chance in his life.

Bob: Myt parents came on January 4th. My happy life has begun! Now I can eat Russian home cooked food and I rush home after each practice. Unfortunately, my parents are leaving in the end of January and I will have to eat in the resaurants.

Q: Do you parents like America? A: Of course! They have never seen 20,000 people rooting for me. The attitude toward hockey in Philadelphia is awsome. Every game is a big event.

Q: How many spectators were there in Novokuzneck? A: Not too many lately 3-4 thousands.

Q: Do you go into the city? A: Yes, since I bought a car . I know couple of good restaurants to eat. But in the beginning I was sitting at home, and also I had big language problems.

Q: What car did you buy? A: Lexus- big, comfortable with a big trunk- my hockey bag fits in.

Q: Did you finance your car? A: Why? I paid cash.

Q: Did you get an American license? A: No, still use my Russian. I did not get pulled over yet.

To be continued

Old
01-27-2011, 10:45 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

"Why? I paid cash."

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:01 PM
phillyflu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
I will translate to the best of my abilities with a few ommisions. and bad spelling:
That's great stuff. Thank you for the translation.

phillyflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:04 PM
CSKA1974

Continuation:

Philadelphians chanfge Lady Gaga's song "Bad Romance" to honor BOB. Also Sergey taped a funny Christmas clip. " In a nut shell, the host dressed as a Santa Claus asked me some questions an d I had to answer "Bob" to all of them with a silly smile. As if I know just one word. In reality, I understand a lot, just have difficulty talking.

Q: Why do you have # 35? A: I had had # 1 all my life, but it belongs to Berni Parent here. I played with #35 in the national team, therfore I am using it here

Q: Did you watch WJC? A: Just a final match. Q: Why? A: Did not have time with the Flyers schedule. Saw the final after the game with New Jersey.

Q: What else is in your life besides hockey? A: I am trying to relax when I do not have game and practices. I talk to my girlfriend via Skype or watch a movie. If I only had hockey in my head I would burn out.

Q: Why does not your girlfriend come to Philadelphia? A: She has serious visa problems. She is not allowed to come to the USA.

Q: you are a famous hockey player in the USA. Can they take it into consideration? A: apparently, not. Olya had an interview recently and was denied again. They think that she might stay in the country ilegally.

Q: Are you upset that you ar not in ASG? A: The ASGparticipation
is not my goal for the season.

Q: What are you going to do during the break? A: I will go to Toronto to visit my girlfriend. We will spend 5 days together. She has Canadian visa. We celebrated Christmas together after the game in Vancoover.

...It's a movie plot. Olga follows her loved one across Canad. When he played in Montreal, she flew to Toronto. But the plane got delayed and all they had - a very brief date in the airporty. Sergey had to fly back to the USA>

Q" May be you should play for a Canadian team? A: No, I am very happy to play for Flyers. We will solve a visa problem somehow.

I will ommit a paragraph about Shelly's relatives asking Bob's autographs.

His family was waiting for him near the dressing room. Dad Andrey- a miner, mom Larisa a steel worker and sister Yulya.

Q: Is iit your first visit to the USA? I aked dad. A" Yes. We like how Sergey is adored here. He has sugnificantly improved and matured over the year. He plays with the best players in the world and holds his own well. We were surprised to see so many t-shirts, shirts and souvenirs with his name. It means he is really loved here" proudly added the father.

I did my best, please enjoy.

Old
01-27-2011, 11:09 PM
phillyflu

Quote:
I will ommit a paragraph about Shelly's relatives asking Bob's autographs.
Now I'm curious.

Old
01-27-2011, 11:10 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflu View Post
That's great stuff. Thank you for the translation.
My pleasure

Old
01-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
My pleasure
Thank you so much!!

Reason 529,387,452 why I love this board.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:20 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Now I'm curious.
If you insist:

[I]About 15 noisy men came into the dressing room and started singing a song. All of them were dressed in orange jerseys with the name Shelley. It was their real name. 15 relatives of Jody Shelley- Flyers tough guy with 1455 carrier pm. His face was black and blue after a recent fight.

Jody stepped toward Bob said something and shook his hand. Then the rest of the Shelleys started asking for Sergey's autograph. He signed their jerseys with a smile
[/I]

Old
01-27-2011, 11:27 PM
phillyflu

Quote:
If you insist:

[I]About 15 noisy men came into the dressing room and started singing a song. All of them were dressed in orange jerseys with the name Shelley. It was their real name. 15 relatives of Jody Shelley- Flyers tough guy with 1455 carrier pm. His face was black and blue after a recent fight.

Jody stepped toward Bob said something and shook his hand. Then the rest of the Shelleys started asking for Sergey's autograph. He signed their jerseys with a smile
[/I]
Good stuff. There's nothing I don't like about this kid.

Old
01-27-2011, 11:32 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Thanks for the translation..that first version was about as painful as hearing Malkin speak!

I will say that in that pic Bob needs a tan pretty bad....maybe this year he'll go to the shore with his new Lexus and wear his dress shoes on the beach..lol!

BOB!

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:34 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Thanks a bunch man!!!

Thanks!

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:37 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Quote:

Bob: Myt parents came on January 4th. My happy life has begun! Now I can eat Russian home cooked food and I rush home after each practice. Unfortunately, my parents are leaving in the end of January and I will have to eat in the resaurants.
Haha this is like a sigh moment

Awesome translation!!!

And boy do I love this kid

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:42 PM
phillyflu

I'm a little surprised Snider hasn't pulled a few strings to get his girlfriend over here. He's always been good at keeping the Flyers family and extended family happy.

All they need to do is offer her a "job" with the organization and then sponsor a work visa for her. Problem solved, happy Bob.

Old
01-27-2011, 11:43 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Quote:
I'm a little surprised Snider hasn't pulled a few strings to get his girlfriend over here. He's always been good at keeping the Flyers family and extended family happy.

All they need to do is offer her a "job" with the organization and then sponsor a work visa for her. Problem solved, happy Bob.
Happy Bob = More wins

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2011, 11:44 PM
CharlieGirl
Summer

Quote:
I did my best, please enjoy.
Thank you so much! It's nice to hear a little about Bob's off-ice life and how he's adapting to a whole new life.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote