HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TH Season 8.66; Occams Razor

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2011, 11:31 AM
L-train*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
Won 5-0 today. I'm on a 22 game winning streak.

My XP and RP weren't updated today... weird, but usual I guess.
I think Nik is holding off on updating the tables, XP, and RP until after he runs the missed matches.

Old
01-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
If he's not running the other team that's just smart management imo.
I agree, f they are legit trades. But considering none of the players he trades ever play a game for the team he is trading them to it seems like those teams are just trading players to Nik to help him out which I'm sure if we did that for each other and he found out there would be hell to pay.

Last edited by Juicy Couturier*: 01-10-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old
01-10-2011, 01:02 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I agree, f they are legit trades. But considering none of the players he trades ever play a game for the team he is trading them to it seems like those teams are just trading players to Nik to help him out which I'm sure if we did that for each other and he found out there would be hell to pay.
I don't think so. Nik doesn't strike me as the hypocritical type... Trade away a player you have no use for in exchange for another player you have no use for? I don't see the big deal.

Old
01-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
I don't think so. Nik doesn't strike me as the hypocritical type... Trade away a player you have no use for in exchange for another player you have no use for? I don't see the big deal.
Nik traded this guy to a 1.1 team. Dude is a 52epa at 25 years old. He would be by far the worst players on any 1.1 team and they dropped the player right away.

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=624050

I understand the guy he traded he may not have had use for but what's the point of trading a guy and then cutting the player you got back instead of just cutting your guy and saving the trade? Clearly he was helping Nik out with that trade and seeing that the guy Nik got scored 46 pointsin 30 games I would say he helped a lot. Thats not the only time that has happened either. Pretty much every trade Nik has made with this current team has sent a player who was either cut or hasn't played a game with the team who traded for him. Like I said if he saw someone from here deliberately help out another team we would get a quick ban.

Last edited by Juicy Couturier*: 01-10-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old
01-10-2011, 01:15 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Nik traded this guy to a 1.1 team. Dude is a 52epa at 25 years old. He would be by far the worst players on any 1.1 team and they dropped the player right away.

I understand the guy he traded he may not have had use for but what's the point of trading a guy and then cutting the player you got back instead of just cutting your guy and saving the trade? Clearly he was helping Nik out with that trade. Like I said if he saw someone from here deliberately help out another team we would get a quick ban.
I don't think so, man. I've helped Magritte out before and wasn't banned for it... traded him a player I was gonna cut anyway for some other guy, then immediately cut the guy he sent me. Same exact thing.

I could understand it being less acceptable now that FA is out, but still..

Old
01-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
I don't think so, man. I've helped Magritte out before and wasn't banned for it... traded him a player I was gonna cut anyway for some other guy, then immediately cut the guy he sent me. Same exact thing.

I could understand it being less acceptable now that FA is out, but still..
And in all reality that shouldn't have been allowed. Just because you weren't caught and didn't get in trouble for it doesn't make it less cheating. If you are trading a player to a team strictly to benefit that team then you are working together and it's basically the same thing as owning 2 teams and doing the same thing yourself. I don't know how anyone can argue that it's not cheating. Before free agency it would have been an even bigger deal. Nik was able to acquire good veteran players for crap players while if some other manager in Japan offered those players the Canada 1.1 team would have said F off but because it was Nik he helped him out. Collusion is cheating.

Old
01-10-2011, 02:00 PM
L-train*

So I think the word you're looking for here is collusion? You're saying that should be against the rules? If it's clearly stated somewhere, I'd agree that Nik is in the wrong, but it's not clearly stated anywhere as of right now as far as I can see.

Old
01-10-2011, 02:04 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Doesnt that **** happen in the NHL all the time?

Old
01-10-2011, 02:47 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Doesnt that **** happen in the NHL all the time?
Collusion, in the professional sense of the word, means, more or less, a secret agreement that negatively impacts competitiveness, from what I understand.

Does it happen? I'm sure it does, but I can't come up with any specific examples off the top of my head.

Old
01-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Collusion, in the professional sense of the word, means, more or less, a secret agreement that negatively impacts competitiveness, from what I understand.

Does it happen? I'm sure it does, but I can't come up with any specific examples off the top of my head.
The Clarke rule.

Old
01-10-2011, 03:33 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:

I understand the guy he traded he may not have had use for but what's the point of trading a guy and then cutting the player you got back instead of just cutting your guy and saving the trade? Clearly he was helping Nik out with that trade and seeing that the guy Nik got scored 46 pointsin 30 games I would say he helped a lot. Thats not the only time that has happened either. Pretty much every trade Nik has made with this current team has sent a player who was either cut or hasn't played a game with the team who traded for him. Like I said if he saw someone from here deliberately help out another team we would get a quick ban.
Not everyone uses so many trades that it's an issue. I've never come close to using my max.

Old
01-10-2011, 03:57 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:

I think two years ago we traded some prospect to some team in the geographic South for future considerations to reduce the number of contracts we had. That could count, but perhaps they wanted the guy or at least figured he couldn't hurt?

Edit: I thought we did this though it isn't listed under trades at Flyershistory.net . I thought it was to Nashville, but not the Matt Ellison one listed, because that was before I was watching the Flyers. Though I guess trading anyone for future consideration could be an example of collusion.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 01-10-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old
01-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Dash22

Does anyone know how I can contact Nik or whoever so my roommate could have a team?

Old
01-10-2011, 05:39 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash22 View Post
Does anyone know how I can contact Nik or whoever so my roommate could have a team?
PM him if you'd like, I'm not getting *****ed out for giving out his email again, haha.

Old
01-10-2011, 05:50 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

The big matchup between myself and Agrudez is on Friday. I'd honestly be surprised if I win. My team has been playing like ass lately, don't know why.

Old
01-10-2011, 05:56 PM
L-train*

I guess Nik plans on running the games tomorrow? W/E, works for me, my #2 C will be back and at 72 FIT.

Old
01-10-2011, 06:22 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
I guess Nik plans on running the games tomorrow? W/E, works for me, my #2 C will be back and at 72 FIT.
Both of the missed ones?

Old
01-10-2011, 06:50 PM
SkyKushryd

On a 5-game winning streak, which includes a 3-0 win, and two 4-0 wins.

Seems the minor changes I made are paying off.

Old
01-10-2011, 07:10 PM
huntercp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash22 View Post
Send the information to both Nik, and George Kessog in TH messages. BEFORE your roommate signs up, that should minimize any chances of you getting banned when it's not deserved.

Old
01-10-2011, 07:18 PM
huntercp

Agrudez I can't say I'm particularly happy with your decision to stop posting in the TH forums but I understand and respect it.

Old
01-10-2011, 07:40 PM
L-train*

FWIW, I tend to stop posting in TH developmental type threads after about 6-8 pages because everything from there on is pretty much just rehashing **** that was said earlier on.

Old
01-10-2011, 07:44 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
FWIW, I tend to stop posting in TH developmental type threads after about 6-8 pages because everything from there on is pretty much just rehashing **** that was said earlier on.
Yet you continue to post here. Hmmmm......

Old
01-10-2011, 08:14 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Yea, I used to post on there alot back when I first started to play. Its become pretty dumb though.

Old
01-10-2011, 08:59 PM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Yet you continue to post here. Hmmmm......
Developmental type threads... this is a ******** inflate my post count thread.

Old
01-10-2011, 09:37 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

My team continues to dominate with a 3-0 win. Most goals for. Third best goals against. On Thursday I get to play J. C. Murray. That should be a big win.

Closed Thread