HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TH Season 8.66; Occams Razor

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2011, 07:50 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Ahhh the TH we all know and loathe is back to it's regular games and sucking balls.
AKA the site is down? That's what I'm getting.

If this is another attack, I don't blame TH for this. Although it sucks that someone is acting childish about whatever is annoying them about TH/TM.

Old
01-28-2011, 08:00 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Yeah, site must be down.

Yeah, just checked on downornot.com said it was down.

Old
01-28-2011, 08:10 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
AKA the site is down? That's what I'm getting.

If this is another attack, I don't blame TH for this. Although it sucks that someone is acting childish about whatever is annoying them about TH/TM.
It's kind of odd that all of these attacks happen while the ME is running. It's like they know the game will be even more effed up if they do it now.

Old
01-28-2011, 08:23 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
It's kind of odd that all of these attacks happen while the ME is running. It's like they know the game will be even more effed up if they do it now.
Possible.

Or maybe it's down cause their fixing the server issues that Nik mentioned two weeks ago that he promised would be fixed within two weeks.

Maybe hunter can drop by and fill us in...

Old
01-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

It went down in the middle of the ME running. I doubt he would do that on purpose. Now were going to be stuck in that awkward position where some teams have player and some haven't which is when the injury and fatigue problems arise.

Old
01-28-2011, 08:51 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
It went down in the middle of the ME running. I doubt he would do that on purpose. Now were going to be stuck in that awkward position where some teams have player and some haven't which is when the injury and fatigue problems arise.
It will be back up when it's up. I'm not worried about it. TH and TM are a fun diversion, but I dont get bothered when the site is down.

Old
01-28-2011, 09:02 AM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
I think it's a pissed off former user of TM or TH that has some cash to burn on paying people to DDoS their servers. The timing of the attacks points in that direction for me as well.

Old
01-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-train View Post
I think it's a pissed off former user of TM or TH that has some cash to burn on paying people to DDoS their servers. The timing of the attacks points in that direction for me as well.
It just seems like way too much of a coincidence that it's been timed to be during the ME running 2-3 times now. We know that's when it would cause the most trouble but if you didn't play the game there's no way you would know that.

Old
01-28-2011, 09:29 AM
L-train*

I really don't know what they're doing... their webhosting must be provided by a friend or something, I'd be all over my hosts ass if my site was down and would also be threatening to change to someone more reliable with better security.

Or maybe TM is crazy cheap and won't buy another server... but I won't comment on that because I'm not sure what kind of traffic they see on a regular basis or how many servers they already have.

Old
01-28-2011, 09:45 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
It's me. I'm pissed.

joking. I am glad however I got out of it when I did... wow. Sad to see you guys are having issues in game.

Old
01-28-2011, 10:27 AM
L-train*

Finally got the game to load, slow as all hell. 5-0 win.

Old
01-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

I'm only annoyed because I have a huge game today. I'm the #1 seed in the conference and I'm playing the #1 overall in the league. This game could decide who wins the overall #1. It's also huge because I could fall to 5th if I lose because I'm only 2 points up in my division. Kind of a big swing to go from #1 overall to #5 in the conference. My luck the game will get skipped and my best players will get hurt in the next game and I'll get smoked by this team. Whatever.

Old
01-28-2011, 11:01 AM
IrishSniper87

This is certainly not just a TH problem. TM is down and is still down, and TM is a MUCH larger and MUCH more popular game then TH.

DoS attacks are serious. Major corporations across the globe have gone offline for minutes to hours at a time due to DoS attacks. TM and TH are small fish and it wouldnt take a team of networking experts to figure out a way to bring them down if they wanted.

Like it or not, TH and TM are businesses. If they dont have enough servers, there is not too much they can do. Saying "buy more servers" is a problem for a team of guys who we know ranges in the 5-10 person range for both games combined. That's a seriously expensive business expense that might be out of their range of affordability for the time being. Some of you guys need to get your head out of your ass.

Vote with your money. If TH is annoying, dont pay to play. I'm pretty tired of you guys ragging on Nik and saying the same **** everytime the game has ME problems, yet you still play and post in this thread everyday. Grow the **** up already. Saying Nik sucks phallic objects because the game isn't played when you want reeks of immaturity. I dont even have to go back a page or two to find like 10 references to Nik sucking this or blowing that. Really guys? How about you make a game thats better then Nik's. Oh wait, you cant. End of story.

/rant

Old
01-28-2011, 11:08 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Wont lie, it does get kinda annoying seeing people ***** about Nik everyday. Got problems? Just quit... Being honest, when Trophy Hockey was presented to HF, there was about 3-4 of us, and they didnt have have the stuff they have today (there wasnt even trading when I first started to play). Are there major problems right now? Yes. But saying the same **** on how much Nik sucks does get kinda annoying. He's a one man team, and it looks like he doesnt want to get more programmers so I guess deal with it or quit.

Old
01-28-2011, 11:13 AM
L-train*

I don't pay anything to play TH, Irish. And it's not necessarily the issues with servers and whatnot that bother me, it's the lack of cohesive focus, direction, and time tables that pisses me off about TH. You'd think a business would be run somewhat professionally, but from my point of view, Nik seems to run it like it's a part-time job instead of throwing himself into it and dedicating himself to working on it... hell, the ME issues could be easily resolved by him checking in on it once every 30 minutes or so during the evening.

I'm not going to get into a big long discussion about it, I'm only going to say that I take issue with the way the developer(s) approach the game... it comes off as unprofessional and lacking in dedication.

Old
01-28-2011, 11:18 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Won 3-1

75 points

37-0-1

+124 GD currently.

Old
01-28-2011, 11:30 AM
L-train*

Oooh, I clinched my division today. Two more wins or a loss by the second place team and I clinch #1 in the conference.

#1 in the league is gonna go down to the wire... I'm at 68 points, Lancaster is at 66, and Val is at 64.

Old
01-28-2011, 11:34 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Wont lie, it does get kinda annoying seeing people ***** about Nik everyday. Got problems? Just quit... Being honest, when Trophy Hockey was presented to HF, there was about 3-4 of us, and they didnt have have the stuff they have today (there wasnt even trading when I first started to play). Are there major problems right now? Yes. But saying the same **** on how much Nik sucks does get kinda annoying. He's a one man team, and it looks like he doesnt want to get more programmers so I guess deal with it or quit.
I've been playing since season 2 I think. It's been fun, and I agree new features are slower then I'd like, but I'm guessing Nik isn't exactly lazy as much as he is overwhelmed.

Maybe I'm wrong and he is a lazy ****. I dont know the guy, but I dont get that impression. I'm just tired of a lot of the posts that are not about complaining about TH but instead just attack Nik.

Quote:
I don't pay anything to play TH, Irish. And it's not necessarily the issues with servers and whatnot that bother me, it's the lack of cohesive focus, direction, and time tables that pisses me off about TH. You'd think a business would be run somewhat professionally, but from my point of view, Nik seems to run it like it's a part-time job instead of throwing himself into it and dedicating himself to working on it... hell, the ME issues could be easily resolved by him checking in on it once every 30 minutes or so during the evening.

I'm not going to get into a big long discussion about it, I'm only going to say that I take issue with the way the developer(s) approach the game... it comes off as unprofessional and lacking in dedication.
This is a good evaluation of the problems with TH and I can agree with many of them. At times it comes off as Nik is lazy. I get that. Perhaps he is. Or maybe he is just splitting time between maintenance and writing and testing new features and is overwhelmed. I have no idea how many hours he works a day.

If the problem is that he is overwhelmed and needs more help, that's a money issue. If he isnt making enough of it, then he simply can't afford to expand until more revenue comes in. It sucks, but it is what it is. He can track the growth of TH and he sees the finances. Maybe he hasnt reached a spot where he is comfortable taking more chances on TH and financing stuff.

It's hard living a normal live and having to watch TH EVERYDAY. Running a website is a 24/7 kinda job, way to much for 1 or 2 people given the traffic TH sees. Until it grows, expect delays.

Old
01-28-2011, 11:35 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Oooh, I clinched my division today. Two more wins or a loss by the second place team and I clinch #1 in the conference.

#1 in the league is gonna go down to the wire... I'm at 68 points, Lancaster is at 66, and Val is at 64.
TH and TM still wont even load for me.

Old
01-28-2011, 11:38 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
blah, blah, blah
While it does sometimes go overboard and become repetitive, I really don't see a problem with people venting in this thread. Most of the times it seems it is done for comedic purposes anyway.

This is one of the threads on this board which I frequent (and post in) most, if you don't like the way it is then stop visiting it, imo.

Old
01-28-2011, 11:38 AM
L-train*

But he doesn't need to pay attention to it 24/7... the ME runs for maybe, max, 2 hours a day. That is, by far, the most important time for TH and that is when he should be sitting at his computer, working on coding... so if the ME hangs, he can go in and restart it.

Old
01-28-2011, 11:44 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Won 5-2, taking the lead back from Dash.

So yea, its pretty much just Irish and Hunter who have solid playoff spots. Everyone else is still fighting.

Old
01-28-2011, 11:50 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Also, I would love for my goalie to not be injured anymore. He got injured after the training update for 3 days it said. That was on January 25. Now its January 28 and it says he is injured for 2 more days.

Really? My backup has played 3 f'ing games in a row.

Old
01-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Villedelphia*

very valuable 4th line center got injured pretty bad, 4 days -26 or something like that. I havent really had any injuries all year, hope it doesnt start now.

The tactics page isnt showing the injury though, i assume by the next game it will?

Anderson 2 goals 1 assist... 96 points on the season (if that has been properly updated)

Old
01-28-2011, 12:49 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Wow.

I beat the **** out of the Philadelphia Hamsters 5-1. I guess my team may finally have gotten their **** down. Last 3 games: 18 GF, 3 GA.

Closed Thread