HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Scott Gomez

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2004, 09:20 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

vCash: 500
Scott Gomez

Recent reports suggest that New Jersey is looking to move center Scott Gomez on or before draft day. I think he'd fit better in Nashville than on any other team, and I think Nashville is better equipped with assets to acquire him than almost every other team that could be interested.

What could Nashville do to acquire the Alaskan assist machine? He would look very good inbetween Steve Sullivan and Scott Walker.

Old
06-23-2004, 10:04 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

I would offer Arhkipov and Nashville's 1st. The question is would Gomez be the #1 center in Nashville or would him and Legwand be 1a and 1b??

Old
06-23-2004, 10:05 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I like gomez, but I'm not sure he's what the Preds need (maybe I'm wrong). He's a sub-par FO guy and is only 5'11". The management seems dead-set on bulking the team up. On the other hand he is an assist machine, has great speed, and only makes $1m (although I know he is holding out for more $$$. how much I know not). Since I am by no stretch of the imagination the most hockey-knowledgable person on here, I'll let them comment.

Arkhipov and a pick?

EDIT: I posted the arky and a pick right as hipcheck did. weird.

Last edited by crossxcheck: 06-23-2004 at 10:09 AM.
Old
06-23-2004, 10:17 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcheck85
I would offer Arhkipov and Nashville's 1st. The question is would Gomez be the #1 center in Nashville or would him and Legwand be 1a and 1b??
I'd do this in a heartbeat. While I don't see Gomez as being much better or actually about even with Legwand, it would still be an upgrade over Arkhipov and Johnson and I've never liked Johanson as a center. I think it would give us a powerplay center too. Sign me on the list of those in favor.

Old
06-23-2004, 10:28 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
The "Rumors" are from Everson of the NY Post, who hasn't been right about something in about ten years.

This actually makes me confident that he'll stay with NJ. We don't want him to go.

Old
06-23-2004, 10:32 AM
hipcheck85
Where is Triggrman?

I should have checked the Devils board. First of all the source is the NY post.
The Devils would want alot more than Arki and our first based on the posts on thier board regarding Gomez.

I see flame_star_devil and my opinion of the Post is about the same.

Closed Thread