HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lapierre traded to Anaheim for D-Brett Festerling & a 5th round pick

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2010, 05:53 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Its amazing how a fourth liner on pace for about 16 points this year, generates 30+ pages of discussion.
His name is Lapierre. If his name was Lapiolov or Lapsmith no one would care.

Old
12-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Ginu

How often do you see a trade on game day? There's got to be a reason why it was done today. It's not like waiting 2-3 days would have made much of a difference. Why do it now, on Christmas Eve, a couple of hours before game time? For that reason alone I think something's up. How much space does this leave us?

EDIT: we currently have $2.07M of free cap space with LTIR. If we wait until the trade deadline I think that gets us over $5m. That's a pretty significant top 6 forward before giving up anyone on the roster.

Old
12-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Funny because Gainey with his 5 years plan ultimately forced another 5 years plan in 1 week down our throats.**** you Bob and **** you Gauthier.Oh and **** you Martin you piece of **** !Can't wait for Roy to come save our ***** again.
Actually no. Bob had a 5year plan to make things work here. It didn't work and now he's gone. Also, we have 30M of free cap room next year, so stop the freaking drama already.
And you have absolutely nothing to blame Gauthier for. He's done a good job since leading our management.

Lappy was a complete ghost all season, and he had a horrible year last season as well. The only reason people like Lappy is because he was a great agitator in the POs last year. PK can pick up that role rather easily, and I'd much rather have the possibility of seeing a guy like Desharnais have a spot on our team than Lappy.
Let's not forget White can also be called up.

So really, let's not make nothing into something.

Old
12-31-2010, 05:55 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsByTheBay View Post
The US stopped watching boxing when boxing went to pay per view, had more federations awarding titles than actual good contenders and when good heavyweights stopped boxing because they could play in the NFL or the NBA (and when the two best heavyweights refuse to fight each other, because they're brothers).

Seriously, what are kids in Quebec going to play other than hockey? Soccer? Baseball? Football? Name me prominent Quebecers in those sports..you can't, because there aren't any.

As for the Canadien, well, you know, I think anybody who roots for the Habs would love a successful team full of Quebecers even if they aren't from Quebec. I took French in school so I could read Habs coverage in francophone newspapers. But I'd rather have a successful team than a francophone team, and this goes both ways. A lot of those sons of Quebec in the NHL aren't taking less money to play for the bleu-blanc-rouge.
I guess you ain't following the sports scene in this province too closely.

Old
12-31-2010, 05:57 PM
Jedrik

Personally I'm happy he's off the team. Floats like a lifejacket.

He just became an almost completely ineffective player this year, not very long after having a breakout year two years ago. Couldn't/wouldn't fight, doesn't really hit, swallows the puck every time he has it on an odd-man rush. He complained that he didn't get more icetime tonight on RDS, and that he was sour about that. Seriously?

I agree that having an agitator is a good idea, but I want one that isn't lazy as f*#*.

Old
12-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Actually no. Bob had a 5year plan to make things work here. It didn't work and now he's gone. Also, we have 30M of free cap room next year, so stop the freaking drama already.
And you have absolutely nothing to blame Gauthier for. He's done a good job since leading our management.

Lappy was a complete ghost all season, and he had a horrible year last season as well. The only reason people like Lappy is because he was a great agitator in the POs last year. PK can pick up that role rather easily, and I'd much rather have the possibility of seeing a guy like Desharnais have a spot on our team than Lappy.

I agree with part of your analysis but not the conclusion. I am glad y ou are pointing out that Lappy was having a bad season and had a bad year last year as well (except playoffs) which coincide with Martin's arrival. Before Martin, Lappy was regarded as a world class 3rd liner......

PK should never be your team agitator....he can support one, but not be the one....his role is clear, use his offensive talent on this team.....

Martin should leave and PK should be playing second violon to a world class agitator....

Old
12-31-2010, 06:00 PM
HabsByTheBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
I guess you ain't following the sports scene in this province too closely.
If baseball is a serious contender to hockey's preeminence in Quebec life, I am the Queen of England.

Old
12-31-2010, 06:00 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

But we have 20m on 3 forward that we supposely has to play on the top 6 and they sucks.Be optimistic if you want , never liked Gauthier , IMO he failed alongside Gainey for the 5 years plan and should have been let go just like Gainey ( even if he ''still work for the habs'' )

I liked Lapierre but my real problems are not with this trade , more with the big picture and this is another opportunity for me to talk about it.I don't see how I can be optimistic.This is not 07-08 where I was one of the most optimistic fan there is ( not on hfboard but on other forums ) I was wrong at the end but at least I enjoyed every second of the games.

Old
12-31-2010, 06:05 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 800
Anyway , I won't watch the 3rd period of this pointless game cause I'm preparing getting drunk , very drunk , happy new year and cheers !

Old
12-31-2010, 06:06 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Yeah , exactly what I said , we're on the same page.You're giving me and every queb reason.
Moe jsuis quebecois pis jmen sac' de Lapierre.

Like others have said before me, he's a dime a dozen. White will EASILY replace him AND he'll fight. Something Lapierre never did and when he did do it, sucked.

It's not an awesome trade (it's not like you can always "fleece" other GMs...) but it's not a bad one either.

Surprised someone wanted him.

Last edited by The n00b King: 12-31-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old
12-31-2010, 06:08 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post

Like others have said before me, he's a dime a dozen. White will EASILY replace him AND he'll fight. Something Lapierre never did and we he did do it, sucked.

It's not an awesome trade (it's not like you can always "fleece" other GMs...) but it's not a bad one either.

Surprised someone wanted him.
Too funny....White will not even be recalled and will be a none factor, as always......I always laugh so hard when I keep reading guys like you putting White in the NHL and trying to equate him to a 5 years NHLer like Lappy......ostie que tu fait dure ptit gars!

Old
12-31-2010, 06:12 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
wow......then again perhaps it was an inner reflection
you're going to tell me a casual fan of any sports team knows what they're talking about?

go back to sleep troll.

Old
12-31-2010, 06:14 PM
Vineon

Quote:
Fallait-il vraiment que t'imites le "français" de Gratton pour te rendre crédible? Ce n'est probablement pas la seule chose que tu tiens de lui, d'ailleurs...

Old
12-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Its a fact that there is as big a chance Desharnais will fight just as much as Lapierre did...

Old
12-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
you're going to tell me a casual fan of any sports team knows what they're talking about?

go back to sleep troll.
Wow, does not take much for you to feel threatened and start calling names.....what is the source of your majestic insecurity?

Clearly, have a drink (or whatever else does it for you) and learn to relax....

Old
12-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Vineon

Quote:
i was only kidding, but the 'casual habs fan' is dumb as bricks. At least HF has a pretty good mix of intelligent people and morons.
It isn't clear to me which one you are.

But intelligent people, I haven't seen too many here as of yet.

Old
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineon View Post
Fallait-il vraiment que t'imites le "français" de Gratton pour te rendre crédible? Ce n'est probablement pas la seule chose que tu tiens de lui, d'ailleurs...
Dom hedg is probably one of the more well spoken (written?) posters on this board. In all likelihood he was dumbing himself down so that whoever he was talking to could 'get it'.

get it?

Old
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
lol.....Elvis Gratton? Love me tender baby~! lol

Old
12-31-2010, 06:17 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
Wow, does not take much for you to feel threatened and start calling names.....what is the source of your majestic insecurity?

Clearly, have a drink (or whatever else does it for you) and learn to relax....
skip around the question then.

Old
12-31-2010, 06:20 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
Vraiment? C'est vraiment ce que tu as besoin de dire pour te défendre?

Pas fort.

See, French people like to complain complain complain when fringe NHL'ers get traded. When it's basically put in their face that hey, the guy traded is not the next coming of even Benoit Brunet, you get all pissy and defensive.

I dont get it? Who gives a **** that Lapierre was French? He was not a good hockey player. 5 years in the league and a 4th liner at best?

Has never learned to pass the damn puck (regardless of him not actually having any skill at scoring).

Honestly, vous faites tous pitié avec votre attitude de "victime".

Old
12-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Vineon

Quote:
Dom hedg is probably one of the more well spoken (written?) posters on this board. In all likelihood he was dumbing himself down so that whoever he was talking to could 'get it'.

get it?
Assuming he is, he likely doesn't need you to defend him.

It remains that this one sentence written in his own native language made him look like a complete cretin. If this is how he believes the Québécois should be spoken to, it explains his views quite accurately.

Last edited by Vineon: 12-31-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old
12-31-2010, 06:21 PM
habs24

I can't believe that THIS team as soft as it was could get even softer. I guess they proved me wrong.

Old
12-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:

go back to sleep troll.
First you tell me to go to sleep (adding some name calling in the process), then you tell me I am not answering your questions.....are you on meds dude? Make your mind up.....either you want me to go to sleep or you want me to answer the questions....but doing both is not possible! (were we not actually speaking of the intelligence on this board?....clearly, I am puzzled how you could criticize it? I mean...how could you?)

Old
12-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Vineon

Quote:
Vraiment? C'est vraiment ce que tu as besoin de dire pour te defendre?

Pas fort.

See, French people like to complain complain complain when fringe NHL'ers get traded. When it's basically put in their face that hey, the guy traded is not the next coming of even Benoit Brunet, you get all pissy and defensive.

I dont get it? Who gives a **** that Lapierre was French? He was not a good hockey player. 5 years in the league and a 4th liner at best?

Has never learned to pass the damn puck (regardless of him not actually have any skill at scoring).

Honestly, vous faites tous pitie avec votre attitude de "victime".
I wasn't defending myself, I would require first to be attacked, what in hell are you talking about mr-most-well-spoken-on-this-board (I dont see it)? I dont think you know yourself, was this really your comeback?

Who gives a **** that he was a local? Quite the majority of the fans, the media that goes to him for interviews, likely the hundreds of kids he signed autographs to, in their freaking own language. Team management doesn't believe that is important, but it is.

Old
12-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs24 View Post
I can't believe that THIS team as soft as it was could get even softer. I guess they proved me wrong.
What do you mean soft? We recalled Desharnais....

Closed Thread