HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Transitioning positions(Equipment)...Help!!!!

Old
01-25-2013, 11:54 AM
blueowl2
Canes & Bucs

vCash: 500
Transitioning positions(Equipment)...Help!!!!

I want to switch positions from winger to goaltender. I played goalie when I was little and had so much fun playing it. I switched to forward because I wanted to be a part of the play more. However, the pipes are calling me again and I want to stay there.

I have generally new gear so what is the best way to switch to goalie equipment? Is there a place that trades out or should I just sell my current stuff and collect money that way?

blueowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:01 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by booser22 View Post
I want to switch positions from winger to goaltender. I played goalie when I was little and had so much fun playing it. I switched to forward because I wanted to be a part of the play more. However, the pipes are calling me again and I want to stay there.

I have generally new gear so what is the best way to switch to goalie equipment? Is there a place that trades out or should I just sell my current stuff and collect money that way?
Craigslist is your best bet. Going to any shop will most likely end in a significant loss in comparison.

Also, welcome to the brotherhood. I made the switch as well and I don't think I'll ever play out again. I just enjoy playing in net too much.

Also, check out this site. It has loads of information and a ridiculous amount of knowledgeable members. As well as some AHL players and an ex NHL goalie coach.

http://goaliestore.com/board/index.php

CoopALoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:06 PM
sherwood sniper

Personally, I wouldn't sell your players equipment unless you absolutely have to. Never know when you might want to skate out again and you already have everything.

I've always been a forward ,but started playing goalie as much as I could after college. Love being able to choose what kind of hockey I feel like playing.

sherwood sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:12 PM
blueowl2
Canes & Bucs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
Craigslist is your best bet. Going to any shop will most likely end in a significant loss in comparison.

Also, welcome to the brotherhood. I made the switch as well and I don't think I'll ever play out again. I just enjoy playing in net too much.

Also, check out this site. It has loads of information and a ridiculous amount of knowledgeable members. As well as some AHL players and an ex NHL goalie coach.

http://goaliestore.com/board/index.php
Thanks I appreciate it. Craigslist for anything hockey in Florida is tough lol. I am def going to check that site out! I had fun skating the whole ice, but for me, that doesnt beat scrambling on the ice making ridiculous stops.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:15 PM
blueowl2
Canes & Bucs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherwood sniper View Post
Personally, I wouldn't sell your players equipment unless you absolutely have to. Never know when you might want to skate out again and you already have everything.

I've always been a forward ,but started playing goalie as much as I could after college. Love being able to choose what kind of hockey I feel like playing.
Thats a really good idea and I was thinking about that, but as you well know, equipment isn't cheap. I would love to have the freedom to chose what I want to play that day, but it will take me forever to get everything I need to mind the net.