Old
01-04-2011, 08:17 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
January 4

Bruins feeling good after this trip
“Hey, eight out of 10 points on the road trip,’’ said Boston winger Shawn Thornton, following a 2-1 win over the Maple Leafs that left the Bruins with a 3-0-2 mark on their five-game holiday trip. “Had you offered that before the trip, even the cheapest guy in the room would have paid for it.’’

And who is the cheapest guy in the Boston dressing room?

‘You know . . .,’’ mused a cautious Thornton, his eyes darting around a jubilant dressing room after the victory, one that featured three dozen saves by Tuukka Rask, “. . . I get in enough trouble with what I say in here, so I think I’ll leave that alone.’’

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...ter_this_trip/

It’s a double dose for Rask
TORONTO — Well, lookee there. Right there, in the Boston net. Tuukka Rask, last seen yanked from duty after only 20 minutes Saturday night in Buffalo, was back starting last night against the Maple Leafs.
In and of itself, it wasn’t surprising, except that coach Claude Julien Saturday and Sunday sounded as if he wouldn’t pencil in No. 40 for a start until Rask underwent a puckstopping refresher course with goalie coach Bob Essensa.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/..._he_posts_win/

Bruins turn it on in Toronto
TORONTO — The Bruins [team stats] could not have asked for much more last night at Air Canada Centre.

Not only did they earn a 2-1 win against the Toronto Maple Leafs that gave them eight of a possible 10 points on a five-game road trip, they saw two important players burst out of slumps. Nathan Horton scored his first goal after a nine-game drought, and goalie Tuukka Rask earned his first win since Dec. 9.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/hocke...rts&position=4

Kampfer makes strong case to stay
“Some guys have a real good sense for that, and I think when you look at his goal (Saturday night in Buffalo), right from the get-go, he moved up and he kept moving forward and was already in the play,” Julien said prior to last night’s 2-1 win against the Maple Leafs.

“He’s got a real good sense for jumping in plays at the right time. Obviously Tyler (Seguin) made a nice pass to him, but he snuck in from the back side and scored a big goal for us.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...&position=also

Rask shines as Bruins hold off Kessel, Leafs
Ron Wilson wishes his young players could develop anywhere but Toronto.

The Maple Leafs coach instructed goaltender James Reimer not to let anyone know he would make his second NHL start in Monday's 2-1 loss to the Boston Bruins. Afterwards, Wilson bristled when asked about why he chose to be evasive.

"I don't want him to be bothered," said Wilson. "Around here a guy wins a game and we're ready to build a statue for him. Let the poor kid just kind of relax and focus on his game. Period. Like you would in every other damn city in this league except here."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/...ns_beat_leafs/

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 08:33 AM
bme44

vCash: 500
I would like to see Kampfer stay with the Bruins, he provides an element this team needs. My only concern is I do not want to see the same Dman watching from the press box each game. I think CJ should decide who needs a seat the most and yes right now that player is Boychuck IMO just for a game or two. What I am trying to say is, do not just sit Kampfer and ,or McQuaid,also do not be afraid to sit Stuart or Boychuck,let what ever player is not playing up to par know it

bme44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 08:36 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bme44 View Post
I would like to see Kampfer stay with the Bruins, he provides an element this team needs. My only concern is I do not want to see the same Dman watching from the press box each game. I think CJ should decide who needs a seat the most and yes right now that player is Boychuck IMO just for a game or two. What I am trying to say is, do not just sit Kampfer and ,or McQuaid,also do not be afraid to sit Stuart or Boychuck,let what ever player is not playing up to par know it
I`ll be honest, I like McQuaid`s game more than Stuey`s and I wouldn`t have any issues if Chia entertained moving Stuey for a prospect/pick if it means keeping Kampfer up with the big club.

His presence has been pretty refreshing to watch, he makes mistakes, but not glaring one`s, but that element of speed and jumping into the play is an invaluable asset to have and one this team was sorely lacking which Kampfer brings. Keep him up, move someone.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 08:41 AM
bme44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I`ll be honest, I like McQuaid`s game more than Stuey`s and I wouldn`t have any issues if Chia entertained moving Stuey for a prospect/pick if it means keeping Kampfer up with the big club.

His presence has been pretty refreshing to watch, he makes mistakes, but not glaring one`s, but that element of speed and jumping into the play is an invaluable asset to have and one this team was sorely lacking which Kampfer brings. Keep him up, move someone.
I agree with you ,but my issue is who becomes your # 7 dman if you move Stuart? I think we need all 7 just not sure who you sit? I think that PC should wait atleast another month before you consider moving any one, and yes if you trade somone at present my choice would be Stuart

Old
01-04-2011, 08:49 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
I agree with you ,but my issue is who becomes your # 7 dman if you move Stuart? I think we need all 7 just not sure who you sit? I think that PC should wait atleast another month before you consider moving any one, and yes if you trade somone at present my choice would be Stuart
Johnny B has, hands down, been the dman I have been most disappointed in, but it would probably be McQuaid with Boychuk having more time under his belt and the attitude is often that a player with more experience will find their game eventually.

I just think that Adam adds that element of nastiness, he`s just as steady, if not moreso than Stuey, and he`s even cheaper. Kampfer may have to go down to Providence for a bit, but I think he`s shown Chia and Co. enough that they could pursue moving a defenseman to make room for a kid who is the only one back there who can jump in that rush and act like a 4th forward.

Old
01-04-2011, 08:49 AM
FutureConsiderations

Hub, coming from a Jonathan Swift enthusiast, the King of Lilliput line was golden.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 08:54 AM
bme44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Johnny B has, hands down, been the dman I have been most disappointed in, but it would probably be McQuaid with Boychuk having more time under his belt and the attitude is often that a player with more experience will find their game eventually.

I just think that Adam adds that element of nastiness, he`s just as steady, if not moreso than Stuey, and he`s even cheaper. Kampfer may have to go down to Providence for a bit, but I think he`s shown Chia and Co. enough that they could pursue moving a defenseman to make room for a kid who is the only one back there who can jump in that rush and act like a 4th forward.
I agree with you,my only cocern is I think the Bruins would be taking to big of a risk to move anyone of the Dmen at the moment. An injury to one would leave ,the bruins with a very inexperenced back end.

Old
01-04-2011, 09:04 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
I agree with you,my only cocern is I think the Bruins would be taking to big of a risk to move anyone of the Dmen at the moment. An injury to one would leave ,the bruins with a very inexperenced back end.
Inexperienced yes, but this system, IMO, makes the transition from the AHL to the NHL simpler. I look at guys like Hunwick (laugh if you will but..) and even Boychuk, hardly two guys anyone expected much from, but they both adapted very quickly.

Kampfer looks to be fine, experience or not, what makes you better as a team?? Having yet another slow footed D man back there or a kid who may make the odd mistake but forces an opponent to be aware that he could jump into the play at any moment??

Easy answer for this fan.

Old
01-04-2011, 09:04 AM
bruinsfan1970
Global Moderator
B's R always Champs!

I really hope the Bruins decide to keep Kampfer up and not send him down.Last night against the Leafs he was flying,he gets into the plays and makes things happen.He could be one of the right fits in helping this team advance further into the play-offs.The question is who would you rather see sent back to Providence,McQuaid or Kampfer?

bruinsfan1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 09:11 AM
bme44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan1970 View Post
I really hope the Bruins decide to keep Kampfer up and not send him down.Last night against the Leafs he was flying,he gets into the plays and makes things happen.He could be one of the right fits in helping this team advance further into the play-offs.The question is who would you rather see sent back to Providence,McQuaid or Kampfer?
I do not think you send anyone down I think the Bruins can carry 7 dmen and 13 forwards and remain cap compliant but I could be wrong

Old
01-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Homebrew76

I'm pretty impressed with Kampfer's game. I think he deserve's to stay up with the Bruins. McQuaid I think has been decent, but he doesn't have the potential to be a top two offensive D-man like Kampfer does.

McQuaid is and will probably always be a pretty good #5 or 6 D-man and in that role deserves to be at the NHL level. I'm just not sure the Bruins have the room for him right now. On the plus side however, is McQuaid gives the Bruins depth, and an option to roll out a different looking defensive line up based on the team they are playing against.

When it comes to the playoffs, we can't have enough depth, as you know there will be injuries along the way.

Homebrew76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 09:49 AM
bruinsfan1970
Global Moderator
B's R always Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew76 View Post
I'm pretty impressed with Kampfer's game. I think he deserve's to stay up with the Bruins. McQuaid I think has been decent, but he doesn't have the potential to be a top two offensive D-man like Kampfer does.

McQuaid is and will probably always be a pretty good #5 or 6 D-man and in that role deserves to be at the NHL level. I'm just not sure the Bruins have the room for him right now. On the plus side however, is McQuaid gives the Bruins depth, and an option to roll out a different looking defensive line up based on the team they are playing against.

When it comes to the playoffs, we can't have enough depth, as you know there will be injuries along the way.
Agreed and the D-men would be the players getting injured in a higher pct. seeings how they are always physical in checks and blocking shots.I think sometimes the D-men have gotta let the Goalie see the puck instead of trying to block it,a goalie can't stop what he can't see.McQuaid is a good player and tough but Kampfer is more of a playmaker,making things happen etc..Why not put him on the PP more often let him show if he can move the puck down low and set up scoring chances.It's a tough call whoever they move but they are all our team no matter who goes.

bruinsfan1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 04:08 PM
HumBucker
HFBoards Sponsor

Have to take issue with KPD's assertion that Julien "cleary" did an about-face. That would only be justified if he had clearly said that Rask was not going to start in Toronto - which he did not say. The only comments I heard from CJ were that they'd get Rask to work with Essensa. While that might be interpreted as meaning that maybe he wouldn't get the next start, it's certainly far from a "clear" indication. How can there be an about-face if there was no clear "face" to begin with?

HumBucker is offline   Reply With Quote