HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs Sharks -1/1/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
01-01-2011, 11:41 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

vCash: 500
Outplayed the other team and lost.

Quick let in a softie and they lost. That is the story of this game. On to the next one.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 11:47 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quick...someone get Jim Fox a new tailor...and not the one that made the jacket he wore tonight that looks like he bought it at Don Cherry's garage sale...

Last edited by RAZZIE King: 01-01-2011 at 11:52 PM.
RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Goal against was soft but you can't win with 0 goals against the Sharks. Won't happen.

Too many weak point shots, not enough traffic.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 11:54 PM
TONGA

Send a message via AIM to TONGA Send a message via Yahoo to TONGA
3 losses in a row means...

TONGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Jarret Stoll with his 14th straight game without a goal and one goal in the past 20 games from the guy so many argued was a legit #2 center. And this includes top 6 ES and #1 PP icetime. Why do the Kings insist on trying to make this guy something he isn't, for the love of god acquire a real #2 center, you guys want to say wingers are overrated and Dean loves centers blah blah, then how about the fact that the Kings don't have an NHL caliber #2 center. If championships are won with great centers how the hell is this team going to do it with this guy in a Top 6 role. Smyth while I rag on his play, still has decent hands in front of the net and Williams is playing his best hockey since 2005, yet both are limited because instead of having a quality #2 center they have one of the Fat Guys from NES Ice Hockey as their pivot.

It was just hilarious watching a Kings PP tonight, Kopitar is on the half wall and the Sharks don't even have a PK forward covering Stoll, they have two guys on Doughty because let's be honest no one fears Jarret Stoll on the PP, when was the last time he scored on any of those 500 cross ice one-timers Kopitar has sent his way the past two seasons, the guy is a checking line player that absolutely destroys our PP. It's just amazing to me that the coaches continue to have him out there over Johnson or Williams who always make things happen with their 30 seconds of PP time after Glass Jarret spends a 1:30 denting the Staples boards or the goalies logo.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 11:57 PM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

I have to change my socks???

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:04 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Jarret Stoll with his 14th straight game without a goal and one goal in the past 20 games from the guy so many argued was a legit #2 center. And this includes top 6 ES and #1 PP icetime. Why do the Kings insist on trying to make this guy something he isn't, for the love of god acquire a real #2 center, you guys want to say wingers are overrated and Dean loves centers blah blah, then how about the fact that the Kings don't have an NHL caliber #2 center. If championships are won with great centers how the hell is this team going to do it with this guy in a Top 6 role. Smyth while I rag on his play, still has decent hands in front of the net and Williams is playing his best hockey since 2005, yet both are limited because instead of having a quality #2 center they have one of the Fat Guys from NES Ice Hockey as their pivot.

It was just hilarious watching a Kings PP tonight, Kopitar is on the half wall and the Sharks don't even have a PK forward covering Stoll, they have two guys on Doughty because let's be honest no one fears Jarret Stoll on the PP, when was the last time he scored on any of those 500 cross ice one-timers Kopitar has sent his way the past two seasons, the guy is a checking line player that absolutely destroys our PP. It's just amazing to me that the coaches continue to have him out there over Johnson or Williams who always make things happen with their 30 seconds of PP time after Glass Jarret spends a 1:30 denting the Staples boards or the goalies logo.
Hahahahaha. Classic...and correct. What do we need to do for JJ/Doughty on the #1 unit?

While this post is correct, you can't have Harbaugh. My Carolina Panthers are going to nab him and Andrew Luck. BAM!

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Your kitties failed. Never listening to you again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Alright alright, lets try dogs now.

Well ... ... and ...
... and we should have known SHELLZ idea would ...

Soooooooooo ... on to

Last edited by Puck U: 01-02-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:21 AM
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
Your post just re-iterates what I was saying.. Why would we acquire a guy like that?

Sturm himself said he's average at best when he doesn't have his speed. Well.. The guy doesn't even have knees anymore.. Only the Los Angeles Kings would trade for a player because they like his speed, but he doesn't have legs.
Sharks traded for Rivet after he'd been out for 30? games with pneumonia, traded for Huskins when he'd missed an entire season with a broken foot, traded for Wallin with a foot and groin problem that made him useless after the trade deadline last year, traded for Guerin at the deadline with a groin problem and he was useless in the playoffs.

My experience is with those kind of injuries, it takes a minimum of a half a season to come back. Sturm is familiar with the rehab process. He's a solid LW even if he has less speed. He see's the ice well and can work a cycle. He's a good defender and good with his stick. He won't go to the net much, but its an overreaction to think 1) He's going to light up the scoreboard when he's not skated in some time, 2) that he will suck in April. My guess is you will find him very useful in the playoffs this year.

01-02-2011, 12:28 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Abraham Lincoln is going to rise from the grave?

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:28 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:

Spot on Herby, as always.

I was calling out Murray and Compon, the first year these two morons were hired, for their stupid decisions. There is absolutely no reason you don't go with a pp of

brown Kopi Williams/Smyth
JJ Doughty

It's sad that they don't see it how most of us see it.

GLASS JARRET SHOULD NEVER SEE PP TIME!!!!!!

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Belanger25
The Iceman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post

I was calling out Murray and Compon, the first year these two morons were hired, for their stupid decisions. There is absolutely no reason you don't go with a pp of

JJ Doughty

At least give him credit, he's not hitting the glass nearly as bad as he has in the past. Got some solid shots on tonight, just none found the net.

Belanger25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:34 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

I'm glad the Winter Classic got bumped back so I missed most of the Kings snoozer.

Old
01-02-2011, 12:36 AM
TONGA

Send a message via AIM to TONGA Send a message via Yahoo to TONGA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Abraham Lincoln is going to rise from the grave?
Do you have a problem with that Mr. Lawrence?

TONGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:36 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
At least give him credit, he's not hitting the glass nearly as bad as he has in the past. Got some solid shots on tonight, just none found the net.
The coach had to tell him to stop trying to pick corners from the point on one timers. Stoll isn't smart enough to shoot like Lidstrom who will aim the puck so the forwards crashing the net can clean up rebounds. Stoll and Handzus aren't looking that hot lately, the supposed strength of the Kings is looking more and more like a weakness.

Old
01-02-2011, 12:40 AM
Belanger25
The Iceman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
The coach had to tell him to stop trying to pick corners from the point on one timers. Stoll isn't smart enough to shoot like Lidstrom who will aim the puck so the forwards crashing the net can clean up rebounds. Stoll and Handzus aren't looking that hot lately, the supposed strength of the Kings is looking more and more like a weakness.
It has been a problem. I also notice that Smyth on the first unit seems to be to the side of the net compared to the front when shots from the point are coming through. I really think if you want Johnson/Doughty/Stoll to be effective we need Handzus in front on the PP.

Belanger25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:44 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
So you were ok with Dwight King on the left side of Kopitar?
Can't speak for him.......... but i was happy with Parse and Moller.
So we didn't upgrade our team but we helped Boston out of trouble..........

Welcome to Kings hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post

JJ Doughty

Amen brother..................

I don't know what's so ****ing difficult in putting a sniper into the middle of the diamond............
That forces one of the opponents PK'er away from the point shooter and creates a slot for a cross ice pass to actually shoot from the points...............
We don't need 2 guys in front of the net......

But what do i know.........

Pls Mr. Kompon......... watch the Coyotes PP

Quote:

and you guys wonder where my Kompon, Murray and in the end Lombardi hate comes from.
I can't belive that Lombardi still covers Murrays ass............
You can't be more obvious that Murrays staff isn't able to adapt to the new NHL

And BTW ... Stoll is not a #2 center.
Doesn't matter how many stats or pointsheets you guys show me....... he isn't.... he wasn't and will never be.
A center is supposed to feed the winger with creative passes...........
Stoll has no vision, he hasn't the skating and he hasn't offensive killer instinct.

Would you run an office like the Kings a hockey team ???? One is good in machine typing. the other one is good in emty paper bins... another one is good in files in cupboards pushing......
of course not..... you would hire guys who can do everything.........
That is really a thing to complain about....... it's nice to have a role player but we have just role players on our team and that makes us predictable.

Last edited by TonySCV: 01-02-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Sybil227

Compared to Philly & Phoenix, I'm not too upset with this game. We can play better - but it wasn't nearly so bad as the last 2. Movin' in the right direction, but we need to get points. BTW, did I win FGOTG?

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post

Quick let in a softie and they lost. That is the story of this game. On to the next one.
You stole my avatar . . .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:56 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
But what do i know.........
Post of the night.

Problem with putting a guy where you want him, is that generally he is too close to the PK'ers to get a shot off, and specifically with the Kings, they don't have a sniper who should go there.

Brown is not a sniper
Kopitar is not a sniper

Who would you suggest to put in this mythical box surrounded by active sticks and PK'ers?

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:58 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post

I don't see that as a softie, he was screened by 3 guys, Kopitar, Thornton and the Dman,

Kopitar clearly took the wrong guy as SJ criss-crossed, if he takes the guy with the puck that was a foot away from him, there is no shot.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:32 AM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
I don't see that as a softie, he was screened by 3 guys, Kopitar, Thornton and the Dman,

Kopitar clearly took the wrong guy as SJ criss-crossed, if he takes the guy with the puck that was a foot away from him, there is no shot.
There was traffic out by the shooter but quite a bit of space between the traffic and Quick...lots of time for him to see the puck. We've seen Quick make a LOT of saves from a lot closer range than that. It was a softie.

But hey, like others have said, you ain't gonna win by scoring zero goals, ever.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:36 AM
SFKingshomer

Kiss some combo of Johnson, Schenn, Simmonds, or Bernier goodbye if Deano trades for a legit #2 center.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:20 AM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
It has been a problem. I also notice that Smyth on the first unit seems to be to the side of the net compared to the front when shots from the point are coming through. I really think if you want Johnson/Doughty/Stoll to be effective we need Handzus in front on the PP.
Are you seriously trying to tell RYAN SMYTH how to play around the net?

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:25 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Back from the game. Crowd was weak and lots of Sharks fans.

So disappointing that they didnt get a goal. Guess i gotta wait next year.

Kings played better, I think Quick could've got that goal.

I am disappoint.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote