HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Quarterfinal • Jan. 2 • Canada 4, Switzerland 1

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Canada in regulation 56 73.68%
Canada in OT/shootout 5 6.58%
Switzerland in regulation 13 17.11%
Switzerland in OT/shootout 2 2.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Gobo
Stop looking Gare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristoLeblanc View Post
Am I terribly off the track by saying Leblanc is Canada's best forward in the tournament after Brayden Schenn ?
Eakin? Johansen? But he might be.

Old
01-02-2011, 07:37 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
Eakin? Johansen? But he might be.
Leblanc has certainly been one of the best. As have the players you mentioned. I'd say Louis is probably the most consistent after Schenn, as he has played great in every game so far.

Old
01-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Yeah Leblanc has definitely been great but certainly not the best after Schenn. I'd say after Schenn Johansen has been clearly better and guys like Hamilton and Cizikas have brought nice consistent two way games to Team Canada. That said pretty much every forward has been great. The issue has been goaltending and the defense is a bit slow.

Old
01-02-2011, 08:38 PM
AugustBurnsRed*

I haven't been that impressed by Leblanc to be honest.. he's been good but his hands like many forwards on the team are kinda.. meh.

Old
01-02-2011, 08:39 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
Those wanting Roy tomorrow night should prepare for disappointment. This isn't even a discussion point in my opinion. It's clearly Visentin from here on in.
And is this based on Visentin's first goal? Or the way he handled the puck like it was a hand grenade for the first 2 periods? A team with a strong offense like the USA or Sweden will kill us if he plays like that again.

Old
01-02-2011, 09:01 PM
AugustBurnsRed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
And is this based on Visentin's first goal? Or the way he handled the puck like it was a hand grenade for the first 2 periods? A team with a strong offense like the USA or Sweden will kill us if he plays like that again.
It's based on the fact that Roy has been bad in pretty much every game and especially against a top team like Sweden. Visentin has looked questionable but its not like you can possibly get a downgrade in going with Visentin here.

Old
01-02-2011, 09:05 PM
North

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
It's based on the fact that Roy has been bad in pretty much every game and especially against a top team like Sweden. Visentin has looked questionable but its not like you can possibly get a downgrade in going with Visentin here.
Visentin has looked worse against easier teams. Roy has played the tougher teams. That being said, Visentin didn't lose this game, so there's no reason to take him out.

Old
01-02-2011, 09:18 PM
KristoLeblanc*

Quote:
I haven't been that impressed by Leblanc to be honest.. he's been good but his hands like many forwards on the team are kinda.. meh.
His first and last goals in the tourney shows great hand. And his ability to keep the puck along the board with good hand-work.

If anything he needs more power in his shot but his hand are definitely not an issue here.

Old
01-02-2011, 10:42 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Leaving/Goodbye All

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
No one expected Canada to be in this game, and the weather didn't help.
Yes but, there are still a ton of empty seats for the US - Canada game as well.

Old
01-02-2011, 11:38 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
His first and last goals in the tourney shows great hand. And his ability to keep the puck along the board with good hand-work.

If anything he needs more power in his shot but his hand are definitely not an issue here.
What impresses me about him is how whenever he gets into a battle, he always gets the puck. Can't even imagine how much better his corner play will be when he adds some muscle. Very excited

Old
01-03-2011, 12:00 AM
AugustBurnsRed*

Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post
Visentin has looked worse against easier teams. Roy has played the tougher teams. That being said, Visentin didn't lose this game, so there's no reason to take him out.
Visentin definitely didn't look "worse". He looked bad but the GA speak for themselves I guess. They both are not ideal options but I'm not sure you can play Roy again after the SWE game.

Old
01-03-2011, 12:04 AM
AugustBurnsRed*

Quote:

I don't really see it.. he is good along the boards though for sure Not saying his hands are bad for the record.

Old
01-03-2011, 12:20 AM
The Big Swede*

Schenn
Johansen
Leblanc

Olsen had a nice back bounce game

Im kind of nervous with our goaltending but I guess well see what happens

Old
01-03-2011, 12:38 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Simmons' Nightmare

vCash: 50
Quote:
Am I terribly off the track by saying Leblanc is Canada's best forward in the tournament after Brayden Schenn ?
Johansen's looked better, IMO.

Honorable mention to the forechecking of guys like Foligno, Cizikas, and Eakin as well.

Kassian was a beast until his suspension.

Old
01-03-2011, 06:07 AM
North

Quote:
Visentin definitely didn't look "worse". He looked bad but the GA speak for themselves I guess. They both are not ideal options but I'm not sure you can play Roy again after the SWE game.
He absolutely has looked worse. The goals he's let in have been terrible. Against easier competition. He's been fighting the puck as well. I don't think he would have done any better against Sweden.

Neither goalie has done well, but I'm not going to write them off because they've had tough times at this tournament. It's a small sample size and obviously it's not ideal that they have struggled, but it is what it is. They're both still young and developing. This tournament isn't the end for either one.

If Visentin can have a good showing against the US then more power to him.

Closed Thread