HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any rumors on a D-man being traded to the Sharks?

Old
01-05-2011, 02:41 AM
Squeeven

vCash: 500
Any rumors on a D-man being traded to the Sharks?

I'm just wondering if anybody has heard any rumors at all about a defensemen being traded to San Jose as they really need a defensemen and hopefully they get one soon. I read the thread about that Edmonton writer thinking Beauchemin might come to the Sharks but are there any actual rumors floating around?

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:12 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Brent Burns for Heatley, 3rd and a 2nd

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:31 AM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Brent Burns for Heatley, 3rd and a 2nd
If only...
How about we sweeten it up by switching the 3rd with Wallin? Him and a 5th were worth a 2nd last year...

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:36 AM
wtfisthis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
If only...
How about we sweeten it up by switching the 3rd with Wallin? Him and a 5th were worth a 2nd last year...
That's only because of DW's stupidity.

wtfisthis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 04:12 AM
Tealblood

I heard a rumor that semenov's our big deadline signing.

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Lee Van Cleef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealblood View Post
I heard a rumor that semenov's our big deadline signing.
Please let this be true.

Lee Van Cleef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:47 AM
ss53mech

Pens fan here. I have been vaguely aware that you guys are in need of a d-man. And as much as this might sound a little ridiculous what would it take to get Setoguchi from the Sharks? I mean, you need a d-man. We need a winger, seems like we could help each other here. Unfortuneatly I think his value is a little higher than what the Pens would want to pay for, only based on the fact that I really want his speed skill and tenacity on our team tells me he is worth something significant. Course I could be crazy. So who and what do you guys think the Sharks would want in return (from any team, maybe not just the Pens) to give him up or would you agree that he is too valued to the orginazation right now to move?

ss53mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 07:12 AM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss53mech View Post
Pens fan here. I have been vaguely aware that you guys are in need of a d-man. And as much as this might sound a little ridiculous what would it take to get Setoguchi from the Sharks? I mean, you need a d-man. We need a winger, seems like we could help each other here. Unfortuneatly I think his value is a little higher than what the Pens would want to pay for, only based on the fact that I really want his speed skill and tenacity on our team tells me he is worth something significant. Course I could be crazy. So who and what do you guys think the Sharks would want in return (from any team, maybe not just the Pens) to give him up or would you agree that he is too valued to the orginazation right now to move?
I'd want Michalek or maybe even Martin but I don't see why you'd mess with your Top-4. Plus I doubt Michalek would want anything to do with this organization after Wilson traded Milan. The only reasonable player from your perspective would probably be Gogo, who isn't much of an improvement from our Demers. I would rather have him than Beachemin though.

Old
01-05-2011, 11:31 AM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:
I'd want Michalek or maybe even Martin but I don't see why you'd mess with your Top-4. Plus I doubt Michalek would want anything to do with this organization after Wilson traded Milan. The only reasonable player from your perspective would probably be Gogo, who isn't much of an improvement from our Demers. I would rather have him than Beachemin though.
Isn't that a little unreasonable for us to assume? It's not like DW dumped Milan viciously, he had a chance (From his POV) to get an elite scorer and did. Maybe if we were talking about Christian Ehrhoff's brother, but Milan's brother? Come on.

I have to agree though, I think we'd want Z. From my understanding, Z hasn't been everything the Pens had hoped for, but he's still an upgrade for us.

Seto + Huskins + whatever else is needed for cap space + 2nd for Zbynek. Even if the Pens counter by changing the 2nd to a 1st, I think the Sharks do it.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:58 AM
sjshrky27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Isn't that a little unreasonable for us to assume? It's not like DW dumped Milan viciously, he had a chance (From his POV) to get an elite scorer and did. Maybe if we were talking about Christian Ehrhoff's brother, but Milan's brother? Come on.
thank you

sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Tealblood

Quote:

I have to agree though, I think we'd want Z. From my understanding, Z hasn't been everything the Pens had hoped for, but he's still an upgrade for us.

Seto + Huskins + whatever else is needed for cap space + 2nd for Zbynek. Even if the Pens counter by changing the 2nd to a 1st, I think the Sharks do it.
Exactly, hockey players know that it's just business and we didn't treat his brother too badly in the end. Even with the trade I think his brother would have nothing but good things to say about the sharks organization.

I wouldn't mind that deal, but idk if michalek would be too happy with being traded without even completing a whole year with the pens though.

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Herschel

Rumor today that Commodore has asked Columbus for a trade.

Do you think there would be any interest from the Sharks and what would it take. Obviously his contract makes it hard (3.75 through 2013).

Herschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Jesus Toews*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschel View Post

Do you think there would be any interest from the Sharks and what would it take. Obviously his contract makes it hard (3.75 through 2013).
Gross. A huge NO even if the team wasn't up against the cap.

Jesus Toews* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 01:03 PM
rangerssharks414

Quote:

No way. He isn't worth that contract, and it goes for two more years after this year.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 02:29 PM
VP and GM
Bill Says Hey Baby!

Jeff Norton comes out of retirement for his, 3rd or 4th stint in teal

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=859904

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:33 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
That was in the beginning of the season. He's been nothing but great shut-down for them for a few months already.

Old
01-05-2011, 03:38 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealblood View Post
Exactly, hockey players know that it's just business and we didn't treat his brother too badly in the end. Even with the trade I think his brother would have nothing but good things to say about the sharks organization.

I wouldn't mind that deal, but idk if michalek would be too happy with being traded without even completing a whole year with the pens though.
Business perspective or not, you can't say there won't be any awkwardness going to a team that traded your younger brother.
Not that he'd have a choice though since I don't think he has a NTC. Either way, I really don't see the Pens messing with their Top-4.

Old
01-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Minicoop831

Mike Commodore apparently has requested a trade.....not the best fit but it's something to work with unfortunatly his cap hit is 3.75 though

Minicoop831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 04:17 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:

No no no, the guy to get from CBus is Jan Hejda, he's a pending UFA, hence a rental, low cap hit, and is a puck-moving defensive dman. Tyutin isn't going to be available period, Commodore isn't worth his price, but Hejda is a cheap rental worth every penny IMHO.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 06:37 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicoop831 View Post
Mike Commodore apparently has requested a trade.....not the best fit but it's something to work with unfortunatly his cap hit is 3.75 though
Looks like he's in a similar situation to Rivet this season. Unable to crack the Top 6, healthy scratch for parts of the season. Seems like Doug Wilson's type of guy.

Last edited by WTFetus: 01-05-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old
01-05-2011, 06:56 PM
sjshrky27

I would rather have Rivet, but I think he has become injury prone...

So, anyone else getting fustrated that DW has not done anything yet??? Its obvious the Sharks need to pull the trigger to address the D, (and now maybe even give a wake up call to the rest of the team as well...)

Trying to fix it now is a heck of alot better and probably cheaper then doing it at the trade deadline...

sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 07:11 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
Trying to fix it now is a heck of alot better and probably cheaper then doing it at the trade deadline...
Not too sure about the cheaper part. A team could probably get a rental player for cheap if the other team is out of the playoffs. Right now, it's still too soon to tell who is and isn't in the playoffs.
Plus the whole only 1/4th of their salary cap thing, though I guess that also works with the players you are giving up.

Old
01-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Not too sure about the cheaper part. A team could probably get a rental player for cheap if the other team is out of the playoffs. Right now, it's still too soon to tell who is and isn't in the playoffs.
Plus the whole only 1/4th of their salary cap thing, though I guess that also works with the players you are giving up.
Though you can accumulate CAP space as the season goes on, so in theory you have more space than you would have unless you get into serious injury problems like we have, which eats space with call-ups.

For example: This week we have 750,489 in CAP space, Last week about 650k and a few weeks back we had over 1mil.

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

Chelios isnt 60 yet, think he has a few years left in the tank!

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote