HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 World Junior Championship - Maxim Kitsyn, Russia

Old
01-03-2011, 01:17 AM
Ken McKenna
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ken McKenna
2011 World Junior Championship - Maxim Kitsyn, Russia

Russia forward Maxim Kitsyn talks about his team's 4-3 overtime win over Finland in the WJC quarter finals.

Ken McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I am pretty happy with him. It was a great pick for such a late round. His skill level is definitely up there, it is all about bringing it together and transitioning his game over to North America. Throw this guy out there with Loktionov and Voinov and see if we can get some chemistry going.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 12:34 PM
AStammer7*

Kings Should Draft More Russians!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I am pretty happy with him. It was a great pick for such a late round. His skill level is definitely up there, it is all about bringing it together and transitioning his game over to North America. Throw this guy out there with Loktionov and Voinov and see if we can get some chemistry going.
Loktionov and Kitsyn would be 2/3 of a pretty good 3rd line that would scare the hell out of the opposition. Perhaps the Kings will draft another Russian,maybe Alexandr Khokhlachev or Vlad Nemestnikov...Either one would be a gem Now all the Kings have for the RW or put Moller with them.Oscar has paid his dues and deserves to be in LA,as has Lokti and Voynov...Would luv to see a Kings 5-pack of Russians.

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 12:50 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AStammer7 View Post
Loktionov and Kitsyn would be 2/3 of a pretty good 3rd line that would scare the hell out of the opposition. Perhaps the Kings will draft another Russian,maybe Alexandr Khokhlachev or Vlad Nemestnikov...Either one would be a gem Now all the Kings have for the RW or put Moller with them.Oscar has paid his dues and deserves to be in LA,as has Lokti and Voynov...Would luv to see a Kings 5-pack of Russians.
3rd line? No.

Ideally, the 3rd line will be Clifford-Schenn-Simmonds.

Last edited by KopitarFAN: 01-03-2011 at 01:12 PM.
KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 01:07 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Kitsyn can't be that good. I mean people around here will insist that star wingers can only be found in the 1st round and that Dean has been wasting his time drafting defensemen and centers in the 1st round when we need a star winger.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 01:15 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Kitsyn isn't going to be a star winger in the NHL. I love his game. I think he will be a very good player and if he continues to develop I see him as being a very capable big tough power forward who could be good for 40/50 points per year if he is on the second line and less but being a real handful of a third liner who has the skills to be an effective point producer as well.

I haven't read anywhere that people are saying that Kitsyn will be a star. He's a really good prospect who needs time to develop into a power forward type and could absolutely lose his way between now and then just like any prospect. He just looks to be a pretty good one with a pretty good shot at making it for now.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 03:48 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Kitsyn isn't going to be a star winger in the NHL. I love his game. I think he will be a very good player and if he continues to develop I see him as being a very capable big tough power forward who could be good for 40/50 points per year if he is on the second line and less but being a real handful of a third liner who has the skills to be an effective point producer as well.

I haven't read anywhere that people are saying that Kitsyn will be a star. He's a really good prospect who needs time to develop into a power forward type and could absolutely lose his way between now and then just like any prospect. He just looks to be a pretty good one with a pretty good shot at making it for now.
I will take the 50 points a season if 30 of those points are goals.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 04:05 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

I hope he gets to stay and play in the OHL. Sounds like it's a bit iffy.

Old
01-03-2011, 05:38 PM
LombardiTool

Funny this conversation came up today. Here is a tweet from Bob Mckenzie on the topic a few minutes ago.

Quote:
RUS F Maxim Kitsyn (LAK) on verge of transfer from KHL's Metallurg to Mississauga St. Mike's (OHL). Looks like he'll go from WJC to Missy.
and

Quote:
Kitsyn transfer not finalized yet but expected, so Team Canada coach Dave Cameron, GM-coach of St. Mike's, getting good look at new guy.
Looks like he may be OHL bound after all.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
3rd line? No.

Ideally, the 3rd line will be Clifford-Schenn-Simmonds.
Tired of hearing about 3rd lines. We have a ton of potential 3rd and 4th line NHLers but so does every other NHL team. We need 1st and 2nd line players. Projecting Schenn as a 3rd line center does not excite me. Schenn better be at least a 2nd line center or he becomes a bust at that high of pick.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 05:57 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Tired of hearing about 3rd lines. We have a ton of potential 3rd and 4th line NHLers but so does every other NHL team. We need 1st and 2nd line players. Projecting Schenn as a 3rd line center does not excite me. Schenn better be at least a 2nd line center or he becomes a bust at that high of pick.
I think projecting where a junior player is going to be, and taking it for anything more than pure speculation is silly before they have even played an AHL or NHL game. Can we really tell where Schenn will be based on 9 NHL games?

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 06:03 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
I think alot of people have Schenn as the 3rd line center much in the way Staal plays 3rd line in PITT. Schenn has a solid all around game were a guy like Loktionov may be more suited in a top 6 scoring role.

As for the Kitsyn remarks of being a 3rd line 50 pt guy I can really see that happening. I have watched him close in the Super Series and in the WJC. He crashes the net and doesn't shy away from any contact. He also has very good hockey sense and nice stick handling.

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 06:09 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
I think alot of people have Schenn as the 3rd line center much in the way Staal plays 3rd line in PITT. Schenn has a solid all around game were a guy like Loktionov may be more suited in a top 6 scoring role.

As for the Kitsyn remarks of being a 3rd line 50 pt guy I can really see that happening. I have watched him close in the Super Series and in the WJC. He crashes the net and doesn't shy away from any contact. He also has very good hockey sense and nice stick handling.
Bingo.

Old
01-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Bingo.
So who is our Malkin, then? We don't have the same center depth as the Penguins. Schenn will eventually center the 2nd line (maybe with Loktionov on his wing).

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I've been very impressed with Kitsyn in the WJC. He has a nose for the net and doesn't shy away from contact, but I wonder if that is because he plays in the KHL and now is playing against kids again. I wonder if he plays the same game in the KHL against men.

Hopefully, his transfer becomes official after the tournament and he gets to play in the OHL and AHL this season.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 08:10 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

He (MK) is still a couple of seasons away from the NHL in my opinion but I can tell you from seeing him play in Russia last year (pre draft) in comparison to this year that he has improved his game significantly in that time.

Who knows for certain how he will turn out but if he keeps at it once he gets time in the NA style of game under his belt and a chance to compete in as many games as he will here I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the Monarchs for a couple of seasons and then getting a cup of tea with the big club.

Wouldn't surprise me.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 12:52 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDankness View Post
So who is our Malkin, then? We don't have the same center depth as the Penguins. Schenn will eventually center the 2nd line (maybe with Loktionov on his wing).
Re-read what I highlighted. "Much in the way Staal plays", not that he is a 3rd behind 2 all-world talents.

Old
01-04-2011, 10:55 AM
The Judge

oops!

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Re-read what I highlighted. "Much in the way Staal plays", not that he is a 3rd behind 2 all-world talents.
The Penguins can only afford to use Staal in that role because of the two centers ahead of him. The Kings just won't have that option.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 01:53 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDankness View Post
The Penguins can only afford to use Staal in that role because of the two centers ahead of him. The Kings just won't have that option.
Especially if Murray is still here. He has to have a rock solid 3rd line, come next season I don't see Schenn being handed a top 6 spot. Thus, he will at least start with Clifford-Schenn-Simmonds as the 3rd line.