HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wojtek Wolski

Old
01-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Pure

vCash: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
I know he's had various injuries for years and sucked for a long time. Been rumored to be on the block but nobody wanted him at his hefty price tag. And now? Contract year? Life is good...

Wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Try adding a little value when you post other then telling people to stop posting.
I don't think you know who Hejduk is. He took a paycut post-lockout to stay with the Avs. Hes never made over 4 million dollars (per season) in his entire career. Hes a consistent 30 goal player for the last decade. last season was the only season where hes missed significant amount of games.

He signed a 1 year contract extension a couple of years ago in order to evaluate his playing ability to see if he will retire or not. This gives the Avs flexibility as well because we don't want to be stuck with a long term deal if a player retires. He has never been on the trade block and has never been asked to waive his NTC.

Please stop posting before you offend the entire Avs fan base and every European on the board. Hejduk is the consumate class act. Hes not like Phil Kessel who played for his contract and was dumped because he wanted too much money.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 04:17 PM
birddog*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
I don't think you know who Hejduk is. He took a paycut post-lockout to stay with the Avs. Hes never made over 4 million dollars (per season) in his entire career. Hes a consistent 30 goal player for the last decade. last season was the only season where hes missed significant amount of games.

He signed a 1 year contract extension a couple of years ago in order to evaluate his playing ability to see if he will retire or not. This gives the Avs flexibility as well because we don't want to be stuck with a long term deal if a player retires. He has never been on the trade block and has never been asked to waive his NTC.

Please stop posting before you offend the entire Avs fan base and every European on the board. Hejduk is the consumate class act. Hes not like Phil Kessel who played for his contract and was dumped because he wanted too much money.
Last time he had over 70 points and was close to a ppg was when he signed his 5 year deal...

One year deals do wonders for motivation.

Truth hurts.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Pure

Quote:
Last time he had over 70 points and was close to a ppg was when he signed his 5 year deal...

Truth hurts.
Veterans like Hejduk, Sakic and Selanne signs one year deals to give their teams flexibility. He took a discount on his 5 year deal. Hes being paid 3 mill and is better than every forward on your team.

I know your team is sad right now, but its no reason to disrespect someone like Hejduk.

Old
01-03-2011, 04:30 PM
BoxOfChocolates

The guy has probably never seen Hejduk play. He has no idea what he's talking about.

BoxOfChocolates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 04:30 PM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Lets just ignore that Hejduk part.

Porter has more goals than Wolski. This thread is just too easy for Avs fans. Everything we said about Wolski last year was accurate.
We've yet to see if they were right as well though. Stupid scrambled brain

I would've liked to see Wolski do better. I think he'd do great in a team doing well (ie. Coyotes last year) but is kinda useless in teams with problems.

Pens should take a look, b ut I don't think they have any tradable pieces that would catch the Coyotes fancy. Might be better off hoping for more luck next year.

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:

Truth hurts.
Your truth isn't accurate. I'm not sure where you're getting your information, perhaps you're purely looking at stats, or maybe you just reached out and grabbed a name and made up a bunch of stuff, but Hejduk has always been one of the team's hardest most consistent workers. Even in the abysmal 08-09 season, it was he and Smyth carrying the team's play while Stastny was out. Last season his knee was so bad he told the Czech olympic team to not even consider him. This year he's finally fully healthy again, and the team as a whole is dynamite offensively, so obviously he's having a great year.

Answer me this: if he was all about maximizing his contract, why hasn't he ever tested the open market? Twice now he's signed extentions with the team.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 04:48 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Veterans like Hejduk, Sakic and Selanne signs one year deals to give their teams flexibility. He took a discount on his 5 year deal. Hes being paid 3 mill and is better than every forward on your team.

I know your team is sad right now, but its no reason to disrespect someone like Hejduk.
Paycut? He played like a 2 million dollar player. How is that a paycut?

FYI, I don't have a team, don't own any, none are mine. Just like you don't speak for all posters and the EU.

Old
01-03-2011, 04:49 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post
Your truth isn't accurate. I'm not sure where you're getting your information, perhaps you're purely looking at stats, or maybe you just reached out and grabbed a name and made up a bunch of stuff, but Hejduk has always been one of the team's hardest most consistent workers. Even in the abysmal 08-09 season, it was he and Smyth carrying the team's play while Stastny was out. Last season his knee was so bad he told the Czech olympic team to not even consider him. This year he's finally fully healthy again, and the team as a whole is dynamite offensively, so obviously he's having a great year.

Answer me this: if he was all about maximizing his contract, why hasn't he ever tested the open market? Twice now he's signed extentions with the team.
Not even consider him? He wasn't good enough.

Old
01-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Beesfan

How about Mark Stuart and Blake Wheeler for Wolski? Not even sure I would do it as a Bruin's fan, just throwing the idea out there.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane View Post

No need to answer that guy, he's a leafs fan whose wants to spread his sadness around. Already on my ignore list.

Old
01-03-2011, 04:55 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
The Czech GM said that Hejduk was welcomed to come play, but Hejduk refused cause of his legs.

You should know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.

BoxOfChocolates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Yep, you revealed your hand. You're making this stuff up.

He was selected by them the past THREE olympics. But hey, truth hurts, right?

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Model T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddehJuS View Post
How available is someone like Giordano?
How available is your best defenseman?

Model T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 06:58 PM
The Situation

Quote:

The Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 07:13 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
Nope. A simple understanding of hockey would tell you that any of Komisarek/Phaneuf/Schenn playing together would be an absolute disaster. Schenn should be in line for Marc Staal's contract, and it simply can't work when you have $14-15m spread out over 3 defencemen playing on 3 different pairs when the big one is Dion Phaneuf at $6.5m.

If the Leafs trade Beauchemin, they'll have to replace him externally, and that's going to cost significantly more than $3.8m, otherwise they'll see their league high in giveaways, and close-to-league low in shots against in skyrocket.
I'd be shocked if Schenn got Marc Staal's contract, something around the 2 years at 2.5-3 seems like a better fit for all parties.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 07:26 PM
GeeoffBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddehJuS View Post
How available is someone like Giordano?
Giordano is the least available member of the Flames.

GeeoffBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 07:30 PM
optionthree

Quote:

No disrespect to Leafs fans, but this is funny and pretty true.

optionthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

vCash: 140
Quote:
I know he's had various injuries for years and sucked for a long time. Been rumored to be on the block but nobody wanted him at his hefty price tag. And now? Contract year? Life is good...

Wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.

Try adding a little value when you post other then telling people to stop posting.
You obviously know absolutely nothing about Milan Hejduk. Coming out of the lockout he signed a below-market contract to stay with the Avs, which he extended at a paycut in the middle of last year. He insisted on a NTC on the extension so that he wouldn't have to worry about having to re-locate. Hejduk is about the furthest away you can get from a guy who only plays hard in his contract year.

Also ask all the people who were drooling over Hejduk possibly being available at the deadline last year (before he extended) if they would touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Zih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 08:58 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by optionthree View Post

No disrespect to Leafs fans, but this is funny and pretty true.
Same could be said of the Sens...

Old
01-03-2011, 09:01 PM
dimi78

Quote:
Nope. A simple understanding of hockey would tell you that any of Komisarek/Phaneuf/Schenn playing together would be an absolute disaster. Schenn should be in line for Marc Staal's contract, and it simply can't work when you have $14-15m spread out over 3 defencemen playing on 3 different pairs when the big one is Dion Phaneuf at $6.5m.

If the Leafs trade Beauchemin, they'll have to replace him externally, and that's going to cost significantly more than $3.8m, otherwise they'll see their league high in giveaways, and close-to-league low in shots against in skyrocket.
Once again you think your smarter then every one else with this garbage you post as a hockey know it all. Schenn and Phaneuf would make an outstanding pair together and the Leafs already have a Beauchemin replacement in Aullie. Amazing how Phaneuf is getting heat from you for blunders when it's been Beuachemin who's been the catalyst between the pair for blunders. Open your blinkers dude when you watch Leaf games. Phaneuf defensively has been solid he's not living up to his contract because his offense hasn't been there not because of his defensive play.

A Beauchemin for Wolski trade if true that Phoenix would trade Wolski for a D men of Beauchemin's pedigree is exactly the trade Burke should be looking to make especially when he has Aullie knocking on the door for an NHL job.

Komisarek has a limited NTC where he chooses 10 teams each year at the start of each season where he would accept a trade if the situation came to that so I don't think Phoenix is on that list just so people know.

dimi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 09:10 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I'd be shocked if Schenn got Marc Staal's contract, something around the 2 years at 2.5-3 seems like a better fit for all parties.
And then the Leafs would have to pay $5m+ for Schenn on the 3rd contract. Toronto isn't going to be a Stanley Cup Contender next year, they might aswell put an eye towards the future and getting a contract that will be significantly underpaid for a core player.

Schenn has basically become the exact same player Staal was in his 3rd season, no reason to not give him the same deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
Once again you think your smarter then every one else with this garbage you post as a hockey know it all. Schenn and Phaneuf would make an outstanding pair together and the Leafs already have a Beauchemin replacement in Aullie. Amazing how Phaneuf is getting heat from you for blunders when it's been Beuachemin who's been the catalyst between the pair for blunders. Open your blinkers dude when you watch Leaf games. Phaneuf defensively has been solid he's not living up to his contract because his offense hasn't been there not because of his defensive play.

A Beauchemin for Wolski trade if true that Phoenix would trade Wolski for a D men of Beauchemin's pedigree is exactly the trade Burke should be looking to make especially when he has Aullie knocking on the door for an NHL job.

Komisarek has a limited NTC where he chooses 10 teams each year at the start of each season where he would accept a trade if the situation came to that so I don't think Phoenix is on that list just so people know.
Once again I am smarter than about 90% of the posters on this board. Schenn and Phaneuf would make an awful pair together, Phaneuf has a horrible first pass, especially under pressure, to the point where he just doesn't make it. Schenn's isn't much better, as he's benefitted a ton from playing alongside Kaberle. Toronto relies heavily on their speed & rush offence, because their cycle gaem is so inept. The Leafs have a Komisarek replacement in Aulie, the only guy with the potential to replace Gunnarsson is Beauchemin, and they would be foolish to rely on him to do so next year. Phaneuf's blunders are the bad pinches and defensive zone coverage lapses, and he relies on Beauchemin to cover for both of those.

A Beauchemin for Wolski trade isn't what Burke should be looking to do. The chances that Wolski is the player we need aren't great, especially with his lack of work ethic and not using his size. If Toronto finds out that he's not the answer, then all of a sudden he becomes 100% useless to the team. Meanwhile, they're stuck in their own end the whole game because neither of Schenn/Phaneuf can get the puck out.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Zrinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
While Wolski's stock may have fallen I venture to guess many gm's would take a gamble on him still because he has huge talent.

Komisarek is not equal value. His upside is nowhere near what Wolski's is.

So yes, our struggling player is better than yours.
Back on topic...

Is Wolski - Komisarek on the table at all? I assume Leafs would need to take on some salary not to mention add. What bad salary does Pheonix want to move, I really can't think of anyone off the top of my head. Would a second + prospect be enough added?

edit: not suggesting the Leafs add their second this year, just trying to find his value from TO.

Zrinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 09:27 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
While Wolski's stock may have fallen I venture to guess many gm's would take a gamble on him still because he has huge talent.

Komisarek is not equal value. His upside is nowhere near what Wolski's is.

So yes, our struggling player is better than yours.
Nobody here is suggesting that Wolski for Komisarek is equal value. Toronto would be more than happy to take on salary and/or give up additional futures.

Old
01-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Solaris

Quote:
And then the Leafs would have to pay $5m+ for Schenn on the 3rd contract. Toronto isn't going to be a Stanley Cup Contender next year, they might aswell put an eye towards the future and getting a contract that will be significantly underpaid for a core player.

Schenn has basically become the exact same player Staal was in his 3rd season, no reason to not give him the same deal.

Once again I am smarter than about 90% of the posters on this board. Schenn and Phaneuf would make an awful pair together, Phaneuf has a horrible first pass, especially under pressure, to the point where he just doesn't make it. Schenn's isn't much better, as he's benefitted a ton from playing alongside Kaberle. Toronto relies heavily on their speed & rush offence, because their cycle gaem is so inept. The Leafs have a Komisarek replacement in Aulie, the only guy with the potential to replace Gunnarsson is Beauchemin, and they would be foolish to rely on him to do so next year. Phaneuf's blunders are the bad pinches and defensive zone coverage lapses, and he relies on Beauchemin to cover for both of those.

A Beauchemin for Wolski trade isn't what Burke should be looking to do. The chances that Wolski is the player we need aren't great, especially with his lack of work ethic and not using his size. If Toronto finds out that he's not the answer, then all of a sudden he becomes 100% useless to the team. Meanwhile, they're stuck in their own end the whole game because neither of Schenn/Phaneuf can get the puck out.
Schenn managed to do it tonight

And it's not like Beauchemin is great at getting the puck out. He is underachieving in Toronto, Wolski is underachieveing in Phoenix. They have the same cap hit, it just makes sense. You're putting too much emphasis on Beauchemin's effect on Phaneuf's game and you've been doing it since the offseason. It wouldn't make as huge an impact on the defense of the Leafs as you think. The D can't get much worse than it already is.

Solaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 09:46 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
Schenn managed to do it tonight

And it's not like Beauchemin is great at getting the puck out. He is underachieving in Toronto, Wolski is underachieveing in Phoenix. They have the same cap hit, it just makes sense. You're putting too much emphasis on Beauchemin's effect on Phaneuf's game and you've been doing it since the offseason. It wouldn't make as huge an impact on the defense of the Leafs as you think. The D can't get much worse than it already is.
Yup, he made a real heads up play, but that isn't exactly difficult to do if you get in the right situation. You rarely see it happen in the NHL because you rarely see a forward get behind the D when that forward's defenceman has possession of the puck.

Beauchemin is our 2nd best defenceman when it comes to getting the puck out though. Remember, Schenn plays with Kaberle and teams tend to key in on him because they know how dangerous he is with the puck. Phaneuf isn't, he doesn't rush the puck very often and isn't a great first pass guy. Teams know to key in on Beauchemin to disrupt the Leafs breakout (because he's the one getting the puck), and he still manages to do it comparatively well.

There is nothing wrong with Toronto's D beyond the price tag that it would cost us next year. The problem is a complete lack of cycle game (forcing us to try stretch passes), and very lacklustre goaltending despite Toronto having the 2nd most expensive goaltending tandem in the league.