HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Slingshot offense - ways to generate offense

Old
01-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The Habs have the forwards to be top 10 in scoring(plus pretty good depth) it's a lack of elite puck moving d-men that's hurt because of Markov's loss and Subban's struggles. Look at the top scoring NHL teams...Detroit(Lidstrom Rafalski Kronvall) Colorado(Liles Shattenkirk) Vancouver(Edler Erhoff Hamhuis Ballard) Phillie(Pronger Timonen Carle) Atlanta(Byfuglien Enstrom Oduya) and Chicago(Keith Seabrook Campbell).

The last 2 games with Wisniewski plus Subban and Weber in the lineup, the shots, goals and chances have all gone up. In the NHL it's hard to score 5 on 5 unless your defense pushes the puck up the ice and can jump in the play.
I agree completely with this. Before the arrival of Wisniewski, our highest scoring d-man was Hamrlik and we was on pace for a 37 point season. You cannot be successful without offense from the back end. Consistent offense from the back not only means more points for your forwards as there is another player scoring(had Wisniewksi been here from day one, Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Cammalleri, Gionta and Gomez would all have 2-3 more points), but having offense from the point opens up ice for your forwards down low and we've seen this almost immediately with the arrival of Wisniewski....look at our PP it has looked 10x more dangerous with an actual scoring option from the point.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 12:02 PM
cobrakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Really? Heads up to me seems like several people are sticking their head up.

Ah well, nobody is perfect.
English is a tough language to master because of all the idiosyncrasies built into it. It's a frustrating language to write in because there's really no hard and fast rules you can rely upon. I'm always making errors and find myself constantly adapting to new concepts whenever I'm writing something. Anyway, I'm sure the guy appreciates the help. Now if only Cammelleri could find his scoring touch again I think they can get on a roll and these articles won't be necessary.

Last edited by cobrakai: 01-04-2011 at 12:15 PM.
cobrakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Where did you get that information? I was looking for it earlier.

To get to the point, it's still a fact that while they’re out killing penalties, they can’t do what they do best, which is to generate offense, as they're wasting their energy defending. In addition, when the penalty is over, Martin has to come back with the 3rd or 4th line because he needs to rest his offensive weapons, therefore taking away any momentum and key offensive ice time.

In all due respect, you should take the time to read the entire blog as you're missing the point.

I'm absolutely not talking about replacing those guys.
I never said you were. I understand the need for better Dmen is the most urgent, but even after that problem is solved (very doubtful in the near future) we still have to accept that the Habs small forwards are good, even very good, but still not among the NHL's elite.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote