HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bryan Murray on last legs in Ottawa

Old
01-05-2011, 08:58 AM
tony d
Summer Camp

vCash: 500
To bad Yzerman's in Tampa Bay because it would have great to get a local boy (Plus look at how much he has improved Tampa this season). I wouldn't mind Mcguire as GM as I think he has a good hockey mind. Going to be an interesting off-season in Ottawa that's for sure.

tony d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:11 AM
c_mak

Send a message via MSN to c_mak
Pierre McGuire is a knowledgeable hockey guy. Much of his "monster " crap is dressing it up for TV its a persona. When he first started doing radio, which was on the team 1200 he did a shtick called "Pierre knows everything" and was at times a little hesitant to be over dramatic. I loved listening to him because he gave good insight and often times knew things that as a regular Joe fan i did not know.
I think he would make a good GM because he knows the leauge and he knows hockey. He is also very passionate about the game. To me he proved he was more outspoken on bad deals and such when he commented that the Marian Hossa deal form Atlanta to Pittsburgh was a bad one and Pittsburgh gave up too much. It showed me that he knew the value of other players that were not stars i.e. Colby Armstrong
If John Davidson can make the jump then Pierre can too. He will need a number cruncher as his assistant thought.
FYI if anyone saw the Ottawa Sun this morning with Murray wanting to make a deal headlines signal the end is near. All Murray needs is the endorsement for the owner and he is as good as done

c_mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:15 AM
SenatorsFC

Send a message via MSN to SenatorsFC
Anyone know when the press conference is today? I heard that Murray was having a PC..

SenatorsFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:16 AM
JustinYS

Yeah... Murray is ready to trade just about anyone except Karlsson at the moment and is still in search for a #1. Oh boy

JustinYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Pancakes Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorsFC View Post
Anyone know when the press conference is today? I heard that Murray was having a PC..
it's not a PC, just a media scrum apparently. So not likely to be any kind of news, just going to be the same crap that is always said.

Pancakes Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:31 AM
JustinYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasberry Strudel View Post
it's not a PC, just a media scrum apparently. So not likely to be any kind of news, just going to be the same crap that is always said.
Yup that's all!

JustinYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:34 AM
SENSational Sens Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasberry Strudel View Post
Media: "So Bryan, what is going on with the team?"
Bryan Murray: "We suck like ****. That is all."

SENSational Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:51 AM
dmarc
SENS!!!!!!!

Scott Macarthur is tweeting some stuff, interesting

www.twitter.com/ScottMacArthur

dmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Spex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarc031 View Post
Scott Macarthur is tweeting some stuff, interesting

www.twitter.com/ScottMacArthur
Can you paraphrase for the firewalled folks?

Spex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Jackie Treehorn

Given Murray's comments this morning,this is really beginning to sound like a total **** show.

Jackie Treehorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:06 AM
dmarc
SENS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spex View Post
ScottMacArthur Scott MacArthur
#Sens GM Bryan Murray says he never phoned Eugene Melnyk suggesting that Cory Clouston be fired, as reported in the #TorontoSun. #NHL

Scott MacArthur
Murray, when asked if Clouston will finish the season: "I'm not going to answer that because I don't know." #Sens #NHL

Scott MacArthur
Murray didn't rule out bringing Lehner up sooner rather than later depending on how #Sens do short-term. #NHL #BSens #AHL

Wayne Scanlan
GM Bryan Murray won't commit to coach Clouston for rest of season and implies goaltender Robin Lehner could be rushed to NHL soon. #Sens

Ian Mendes
If the Sens don't fare well vs CHI/TB this weekend, Murray says there is a chance Robin Lehner could be called up to play.

Old
01-05-2011, 11:08 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Quote:
Murray didn't rule out bringing Lehner up sooner rather than later depending on how #Sens do short-term. #NHL #BSens #AHL
half a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® .

Murray, when asked if Clouston will finish the season: "I'm not going to answer that because I don't know." #Sens #NHL
3 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

#Sens GM Bryan Murray says he never phoned Eugene Melnyk suggesting that Cory Clouston be fired, as reported in the #TorontoSun. #NHL

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Spex

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarc031 View Post
Scott MacArthur
Wow, not quite the ringing endorsement I was expecting him to givethe coach

Thanks for posting the tweets

Spex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:29 PM
dmarc
SENS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Wow, not quite the ringing endorsement I was expecting him to givethe coach

Thanks for posting the tweets
you can listen to scrum here if not firewalled

http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio/110105_Murray.mp3

Old
01-07-2011, 10:24 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
Given Murray's comments this morning,this is really beginning to sound like a total **** show.
Not really most where ottawa is how there playing what murray said is what most gms would say.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
Not really most where ottawa is how there playing what murray said is what most gms would say.
Yeah, Murray handled the way he should have IMO.

Whether he tried to fire Clouston or not....he should not admit to that even if he's lying, no one will really know.

Whether Clouston would be fired...He said he doesn't know because he doesn't. Clouston's not stupid and Murray can't say Yeah if he actually doesn't know.

I was surprised he was contemplating Lehner up. Despite his disappointing WJC though he did look easily like the most NHL ready goaltender there if you can accept that some of those soft/fluky goals are just not going to happen very much no matter what level he plays at.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:36 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post

Whether he tried to fire Clouston or not....he should not admit to that even if he's lying, no one will really know.

Whether Clouston would be fired...He said he doesn't know because he doesn't. Clouston's not stupid and Murray can't say Yeah if he actually doesn't know.

I was surprised he was contemplating Lehner up. Despite his disappointing WJC though he did look easily like the most NHL ready goaltender there if you can accept that some of those soft/fluky goals are just not going to happen very much no matter what level he plays at.
I would have been alot more worried if he said yes cory is 100% safe for the season.It would be rare to have a team in ottawa spot come out and say our coaching staff is safe for the year that would not go over well with most of the fan base.As for lehner i would like him called up not as to save the season but to get ready for next year and call up a bubch of younger players.

Old
01-07-2011, 11:35 AM
bert

Quote:

With his confidence in question the last thing they should do is bring him up infront of a bad team. He is going to get lit up, he needs to string together several strong consistent starts against the weaker competition in Binghamton.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
With his confidence in question the last thing they should do is bring him up infront of a bad team. He is going to get lit up, he needs to string together several strong consistent starts against the weaker competition in Binghamton.
I'm completely fine with leaving that decision for the guy that handles the internal hockey affairs of the team. I don't think Lehner's confidence is in question either.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:55 AM
bert

Quote:
I'm completely fine with leaving that decision for the guy that handles the internal hockey affairs of the team. I don't think Lehner's confidence is in question either.
I am glad you have confidence in them.... Are you going to tell them otherwise? I personally dont think putting a 19 year old goalie who got ravaged by the media infront of a terrible team would be a very wise decision right now... Its not like he dominated the WJC or the AHL before, bringing him up would be rushing him too early.

Old
01-07-2011, 12:03 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
I am glad you have confidence in them.... Are you going to tell them otherwise? I personally dont think putting a 19 year old goalie who got ravaged by the media infront of a terrible team would be a very wise decision right now... Its not like he dominated the WJC or the AHL before, bringing him up would be rushing him too early.
It depends if its to try and save the season then yes your right if its to get him soem games it would be fine.

Old
01-07-2011, 12:17 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
It depends if its to try and save the season then yes your right if its to get him soem games it would be fine.
This is exactly what worries me ruining a prospect to try and save their jobs...

Old
01-07-2011, 12:54 PM
Herc Man
AmandaHugincis

Quote:
This is exactly what worries me ruining a prospect to try and save their jobs...
Hard to ruin a prospect if you know you are going to lose way more than you win. There are no expectations there to steal games and one handedly bring the team back to the promised land of the playoffs. When you look at teams that put pressure on the young kids to produce now it never ends well, just think Daigle, and more recently The Monster in TO.

Herc Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 01:13 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

The season is pretty much already lost, I don't think it will hurt Lehner's confidence remember this organization is high on him & he knows it. He had a so/so WJC but the Swedes as a whole played poorly in that semi-final not just Lehner. This is the time to start looking at all your prospects to guage where they are at in their development & which ones have a real shot at possibly making the team next season.

I would think bringing Lehner up & seeing how he does against NHL teams will certainly give management a good idea of where he is in his development & whether he needs another yr or two in Bingo. That will help them make a decision on signing a UFA goalie for one or two or three yrs. If it's one yr they go for a cheaper backup, two yrs maybe Budaj, three yrs maybe Vokoun & longer maybe Brysgalov which will cost more money.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Lenny the Lynx

vCash: 50
Quote:
I can't believe people actually think Murray would do something this dumb to try and save his job. You are way too paranoid.

If they bring him up its not going to be about putting the season on Lehner and asking the guy to steal games to get us in the playoffs.

If he comes up - a big if - it will be because the season is a lost cause and they want to evaluate how he looks at this level so they can plan for the future. Its actually a very low pressure situation - much lower than starting the season with a bad team even.

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote