HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Bryan Murray on last legs in Ottawa

Old
01-07-2011, 01:25 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
I wonder if there is any possibility that KK in Bingo finishes the season in Ottawa since Murray doesn't want to go back behind the bench, it worked last yr with CC. SS could then take over in Bingo.

Has anyone else noticed that all the coaches have the same initial for their first & last names? Coincidence I think not.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 02:17 PM
SENSfreak_03

I remember when we were the Ottawa JM's...that was much cooler then same first letters.

SENSfreak_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 02:47 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 87
A 19 year old goaltender getting shelled regularly is never a good thing.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Operation Hot Mother

If Lehner isn't good enough to take the job from Brust but IS good enough to take the job from Elliott/Pazzy, then to me it seems that Brust ought to get a shot at the NHL.

Operation Hot Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 02:56 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Hot Mother View Post
If Lehner isn't good enough to take the job from Brust but IS good enough to take the job from Elliott/Pazzy, then to me it seems that Brust ought to get a shot at the NHL.
Don't put to much into the ahl some players are great at the ahl level but thats it there not nhl players.On the flip side some players that are not good in the ahl turn out to be solid nhl players.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 03:41 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

My view of the situation with GM Bryan Murray, & coach CC is this both will finish the season in Ottawa.

If the Sens do NOT start to play better & move up into a possible playoff position. B Murray will unload all the players he wants to for prospects & picks.

Bryan Murray does not need to make radical moves to save his job as he will retire after this season. He will lay the ground work for the future of the Ottawa Org, with the draft picks & prospects he trades for.

As for what has gone wrong this year 1 point was that the Sens did not have another hard hitting mean
D-man to put the fear of God into other teams forwards.

A lot of the forwards lets say have under performed being kind.

2 of the 4 Ottawa goalies have been hurt and missed a Hell of a lot of games, making Elliott play more games than he should have.

As for Sergei Gonchar he plays too dam many min 25-26 a game too many. Also Sergei Gonchar is 35 Not 25, let him play 18-20 , min a game only. Also the D-men always seem to be playing defense which drains the D-men. It is a lot easier on them if the puck is down the other end and they are manning the points.

That is my take on the situation for what it is worth.......................................

ZekeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 03:47 PM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Too bad he gets ***** in about 95% of the trades he makes.

Old
01-07-2011, 04:16 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
Not really sure a couple trades did not work out well but to say its 95% is false.

Old
01-07-2011, 04:54 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:
"Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14% of people know that."

PoutineSp00nZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 05:33 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
A 19 year old goaltender getting shelled regularly is never a good thing.
He's young, he'll get over it, some talk like he'll go back to Sweden if he gets shelled. A lot of goalies have had crappy starts & seasons, Elliott gave up 5 ormore to the Leafs last game. No big deal, shake it off & move on. It's just a hockey game & we all know this kid has skill, he knows it too & he is a confident kid from all accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
My view of the situation with GM Bryan Murray, & coach CC is this both will finish the season in Ottawa.

If the Sens do NOT start to play better & move up into a possible playoff position. B Murray will unload all the players he wants to for prospects & picks.

Bryan Murray does not need to make radical moves to save his job as he will retire after this season. He will lay the ground work for the future of the Ottawa Org, with the draft picks & prospects he trades for.

As for what has gone wrong this year 1 point was that the Sens did not have another hard hitting mean
D-man to put the fear of God into other teams forwards.

A lot of the forwards lets say have under performed being kind.

2 of the 4 Ottawa goalies have been hurt and missed a Hell of a lot of games, making Elliott play more games than he should have.

As for Sergei Gonchar he plays too dam many min 25-26 a game too many. Also Sergei Gonchar is 35 Not 25, let him play 18-20 , min a game only. Also the D-men always seem to be playing defense which drains the D-men. It is a lot easier on them if the puck is down the other end and they are manning the points.

That is my take on the situation for what it is worth.......................................
Good points, hard to believe that every player on this roster has underperformed with the exception of Karlsson & he has had some crappy nights too. I agree both could finish the season & BM could get the opportunity to set the groundwork for next season. If that is the case the next GM could be his nephew Tim.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 05:34 PM
SENSfreak_03

I would say most of Murray's deals look like a huge pile of suicide wings. They seemed like a good idea at the time, but later you paid for it with really bad heart burn or worse.

Most seemed okay to good at the time, but most have ended poorly in the long run.

SENSfreak_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 05:53 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSfreak_03 View Post
I would say most of Murray's deals look like a huge pile of suicide wings. They seemed like a good idea at the time, but later you paid for it with really bad heart burn or worse.

Most seemed okay to good at the time, but most have ended poorly in the long run.
I disagree. Most of his trades have been low risk high reward types.

swiftwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 06:03 PM
enviro61

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
I disagree. Most of his trades have been low risk high reward types.
They have all ended in disaster. How is having a sieve on your team for 2 years at $4M per is anything but is beyond me. Being a Murray apologist aside, how do you rationalize large contracts being low risk in a salary cap era?

What about the UFA signings...

Last edited by enviro61: 01-07-2011 at 06:30 PM.
enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviro61 View Post
They have all ended in disaster. How is having a sieve on your team for 2 years at $4M per is anything but is beyond me. Being a Murray apologist aside, how do you rationalize large contracts being low risk in a salary cap era?

What about the UFA signings...
What we need is a general manager that possesses the power of time travel, then he can sign some players and jump a few years into the future and see how they work out before making up his mind. Are any of these guys available?

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 06:55 PM
sexytime

First time I want the Sens to lose to get Murray and CC out of here. Weird feeling.

sexytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Madskillz65

Obvious thread is obvious

Madskillz65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Ron Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSfreak_03 View Post

Because the coaches in place have been absolute ****. Yeah, Murray hired them... blah blah blah but bottom line is his talent scouting is OK, his coach scouting is awful. This coach is total ****. He shook up the team when he first took over but what since then. Its not like 20 NHL player forgot how to play hockey. The coach is the problem here. You can see it out there. They've stopped playing for the coach. BM went into the room this week to try and shake them up. They play for him. not for Clouston. The players hate him. It's not hard to see from the play on the ice or the way they talk post game. Even Alfie doesn't seem to get along with him.

Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 08:25 PM
kyle747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy View Post
Because the coaches in place have been absolute ****. Yeah, Murray hired them... blah blah blah but bottom line is his talent scouting is OK, his coach scouting is awful. This coach is total ****. He shook up the team when he first took over but what since then. Its not like 20 NHL player forgot how to play hockey. The coach is the problem here. You can see it out there. They've stopped playing for the coach. BM went into the room this week to try and shake them up. They play for him. not for Clouston. The players hate him. It's not hard to see from the play on the ice or the way they talk post game. Even Alfie doesn't seem to get along with him.
No - his pro scouting has always been epic bad. And not just in Ottawa. How could anyone have scouted Kovalev and still give him 5 M/yr ?

I mean, is anyone surprised by his play?

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Ron Jeremy

Nope... but he's been useful everywhere he's been. Indifferent at times, but useful. He needs a coach to kick his lazy russian ass into gear. this team has no coach to do that. Even worse the coach we do have, pisses Kovalev off constantly. Clouston has zero people skills.

Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:21 PM
pepty

vCash: 492
Its interesting to hear Garrioch and Brennan insisting that Murray should stay and be allowed to retire in a dignified fashion when the two of them have always been so ready even eager to run players out of town, to be insulting and try to undermine them with fans.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:26 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Nope... but he's been useful everywhere he's been. Indifferent at times, but useful. He needs a coach to kick his lazy russian ass into gear. this team has no coach to do that. Even worse the coach we do have, pisses Kovalev off constantly. Clouston has zero people skills.
You mean the same guy who signed a washed up Sergei Fedorov to an albatross of a deal in Anaheim? There's a reason he's never won a Stanley Cup in 30 years...

As for those of you saying he should stay til the end of the year, I'm of the same opinion as Bob McKenzie. Why would you want the future of the team to lie in the hands of a man who has no commitment to the franchise past the end of this season? It makes no sense to have Murray make decisions on players that the next GM should be making.

Ask yourself, should Bryan Murray be determining what the 2011-2012 roster will look like if he isn't going to be here? Absolutely not.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:42 PM
sens2k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
You mean the same guy who signed a washed up Sergei Fedorov to an albatross of a deal in Anaheim? There's a reason he's never won a Stanley Cup in 30 years...

As for those of you saying he should stay til the end of the year, I'm of the same opinion as Bob McKenzie. Why would you want the future of the team to lie in the hands of a man who has no commitment to the franchise past the end of this season? It makes no sense to have Murray make decisions on players that the next GM should be making.

Ask yourself, should Bryan Murray be determining what the 2011-2012 roster will look like if he isn't going to be here? Absolutely not.
So, if as speculated he will be retiring at the end of the year, we just cut him loose early? Why even bother signing a contract for a full year in that case?

sens2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 12:34 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Its interesting to hear Garrioch and Brennan insisting that Murray should stay and be allowed to retire in a dignified fashion when the two of them have always been so ready even eager to run players out of town, to be insulting and try to undermine them with fans.
When reporters start defending someone, it pretty much means one thing, and one thing only.

Murray must be their "source"

Personally I find it nauseating that the Sun guys in particular are such huge ass kissers. Nauseating, but not surprising.

Ottawa needs a jolt of truth. Who in the media has the balls to do it though?

Old
01-08-2011, 07:25 AM
kyle747

Quote:
When reporters start defending someone, it pretty much means one thing, and one thing only.

Murray must be their "source"

Personally I find it nauseating that the Sun guys in particular are such huge ass kissers. Nauseating, but not surprising.

Ottawa needs a jolt of truth. Who in the media has the balls to do it though?
They kiss up to those above, and lay the whip on those below.

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 07:46 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Its very easy to read to much into things and assume maybe there is some truth to it maybe there is no truth to it just don't read to much into it.