Old
11-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Glory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Leksand
There is your answer!

He should go to Djurgården, here we know how to make them produce!

Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 10:51 PM
jfc64

Friberg - Larsson - Sundström
Rask - Zibanejad - Rakell
Boyce - Karlsson - Åberg
Rensfeldt - Nordström - Forsberg
Persson

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 05:52 AM
Hockeyfrilla

John Persson is doing great in WHL atm 16 points (7+9) in his last 7 games.

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:36 PM
joe89

Åberg - Zibanejad - Forsberg
Karlsson - Nordström - Rask
Rensfeldt - Nermark - Rakell
Boyce

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Boyce
First two lines can do some serious damage!

Collberg? He will def be in the team

Old
11-13-2011, 03:53 PM
cheerupmurray

Quote:
Boyce
Looks good to me, maybe drop Nermark and add Collberg. Which would mean:

Friberg-J.Larsson-Sundström(if the concussion isn't too serious)
Åberg-Zibanejad-Collberg (All righties!)
Rask-Karlsson-Forsberg
Rensfeldt-Nordström-Rakell
Boyce

John Persson is also in the mix if continues to tear it up in WHL. A whole lot of 93's and 94's on that team.

cheerupmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Dosing

All those lines can do some serious damage!
But if forsberg can get some chemistry quick with them they could be very dirty.
If they click and rask decide to show up i think that's enough to have a very good chance at a medal even with the unproven defense ;>

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 04:06 PM
joe89

Idk, you can only have so many creative guys and you have to think a -94 born might be on the short end. Forsberg is there because he's an exceptional talent, ofc. I personally wouldn't mind. I thought that second line was sexy, on paper at least.

I know they like to play P.Vesterholm aswell, and he's one of the older options I wouldn't mind for a 4th line. I know too little about Persson, feels like a long shot since he's never played for any National team(?). It's really tight between some of the players on the bottom lines, it's a question of what they are looking for. We are definitely sending a fairly young team either way.

Last edited by joe89: 11-13-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old
11-13-2011, 04:52 PM
WayneBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerupmurray View Post
Looks good to me, maybe drop Nermark and add Collberg. Which would mean:

Friberg-J.Larsson-Sundström(if the concussion isn't too serious)
Åberg-Zibanejad-Collberg (All righties!)
Rask-Karlsson-Forsberg
Rensfeldt-Nordström-Rakell
Boyce

John Persson is also in the mix if continues to tear it up in WHL. A whole lot of 93's and 94's on that team.
I´m no pro but this is pretty much what I want to see. Don´t know anything about Persson but he will probably be an option if he continues his streak.

Nice to see Gustavsson against the finns today, do you think he was put in net today to prepare for the crowd pressure in the WJC?

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
I´m no pro but this is pretty much what I want to see. Don´t know anything about Persson but he will probably be an option if he continues his streak.

Nice to see Gustavsson against the finns today, do you think he was put in net today to prepare for the crowd pressure in the WJC?
Sweden had two goalies for karjala, one of them got sick and went home. Wesslau who were our goalie in the first two games have a very important game for his team in Sweden tomorrow, thats why Gustavsson got to jump in

Feels like we will have a great goalie in this year WJC!

Old
11-14-2011, 12:22 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

How did Klingberg fair at the U-20 4 nations?

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:20 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
How did Klingberg fair at the U-20 4 nations?
1+1, +2 and 22:07 AVG TOI. Sweden's player of the game against the Czechs, the game where he had both his points.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:37 AM
Howe Elbows 9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Idk, you can only have so many creative guys and you have to think a -94 born might be on the short end. Forsberg is there because he's an exceptional talent, ofc. I personally wouldn't mind. I thought that second line was sexy, on paper at least.

I know they like to play P.Vesterholm aswell, and he's one of the older options I wouldn't mind for a 4th line. I know too little about Persson, feels like a long shot since he's never played for any National team(?). It's really tight between some of the players on the bottom lines, it's a question of what they are looking for. We are definitely sending a fairly young team either way.
My reasoning is pretty much along the same lines as yours. A lineup with both 1994-born forwards might not happen because that's usually not how WJC teams are built, but Forsberg and Collberg are both obviously very talented players.

Apparently Persson played three games with Sweden's U17 team, but that was over two seasons ago, so that also seems unlikely.

How well does Pathrik's play work without Ponthus? Could it be worth bringing both brothers to the WJC?

Howe Elbows 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:38 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Im pretty sure Erik Thorell and Nermark wil be on the final team. RR likes them.

Old
11-14-2011, 07:42 AM
IT

it's getting close so I'll chip in and give my comments.

I do not see Rensfeldt being an option on 4th line. it's either first, second line or not at all. Persson is a better option at this point, his production is no fluke.
Rakell on 4th line make no sense to me either. He's one of the key players.
Collberg and Forsberg, their latest play on national stage say's it all.
Nordstrom has been a dissapointment and Thorell will probably make it even though i hold other players above him.

My lines, (short on wingers):

Friberg Larsson Rakell
Aberg Zibanejad Forsberg
Rask Karlsson Persson
Boyce Sundstrom Collberg
Nermark/Nordstrom

Young core due to 92's being a weak group offensive wise.

Last edited by IT: 11-14-2011 at 07:53 AM.
IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
Nordstrom has been a dissapointment
Perhaps in the SEL, but he was very good in Lake Placid. Good allround player who could be used on the PK etc..Perfect center for 3rd or 4th line imo.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:25 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolorous Edd View Post
My reasoning is pretty much along the same lines as yours. A lineup with both 1994-born forwards might not happen because that's usually not how WJC teams are built, but Forsberg and Collberg are both obviously very talented players.

Apparently Persson played three games with Sweden's U17 team, but that was over two seasons ago, so that also seems unlikely.

How well does Pathrik's play work without Ponthus? Could it be worth bringing both brothers to the WJC?
Ponthus was a level below when I watched them in Lake Placid, I even think Pathrik got some time on a different line there already. This past weekend Pathrik was the only one on the team and he got 16:07 AVG TOI, 5th most among forwards. I think it'll be Pathrik or neither, they don't mind splitting them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Im pretty sure Erik Thorell and Nermark wil be on the final team. RR likes them.
Depends, who would you leave outside the team? I see a mold of Boyce/Thorell/Nermark/P.Vesterholm/Persson where it could go either way. In that group you got some skill, some more defensively oriented, some big guys, some small guys. Some older options and some younger options. Collberg is fighting for a spot with other players, imo.

Quote:
it's getting close so I'll chip in and give my comments.

I do not see Rensfeldt being an option on 4th line. it's either first, second line or not at all. Persson is a better option at this point, his production is no fluke.
Rakell on 4th line make no sense to me either. He's one of the key players.
Collberg and Forsberg, their latest play on national stage say's it all.
Nordstrom has been a dissapointment and Thorell will probably make it even though i hold other players above him.

My lines, (short on wingers):

Friberg Larsson Rakell
Aberg Zibanejad Forsberg
Rask Karlsson Persson
Boyce Sundstrom Collberg
Nermark/Nordstrom

Young core due to 92's being a weak group offensive wise.
You don't think Rensfeldt can play bottom lines(which he already has on this team), and then put Collberg there? I don't think they'll mind playing him there one bit, makes perfect sense to have an older, big player accustomed to the small rinks on the 4th line. Rensfeldt to me is a lock, whether they use him on a top line or bottom line.

Sundström and Larsson have unreal chemistry and won't be separated, they're 2/3 of our first line and that won't change barring Sundström is out with concussion or they underperform massively.

Rakell will be a key player, but it won't necessarily be offensively imo. They're going to use him, Sundström, Friberg, Larsson, Zibanejad for every situation possible and they'll be logging a lot of ice time no matter what line you put em on. Rönnberg doesn't mind playing the hot hand in games, either.

Nordström feels way too servicable to be left out, and he had another good showing in Finland.

Just going from what I've seen and how they've coached the team this season. It's important to point out that we're trying to build a team that can grind it out against Canada and USA, not one that can score a goal or two extra on Slovakia. Canada always build old and gritty and that's where the experience of a -92 born comes in handy. Last year they left out RNH and Huberdeau, that says it all. We won't beat them with finesse and three scoring lines.

Old
11-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Hockeyfrilla

RR on the latest tournament: http://hockeysverige.se/article/1256...rar-var-spelid

pimps Forsberg, Collberg. Daniel Gunnarsson "a nice suprise" Also impressed with P.Granberg.

Old
11-14-2011, 05:20 PM
WayneBruce

Here are some thoughts from hockeymagasinet about Forsberg and Collberg:

http://www.hockeymagasinet.com/2011/...berg-ar-givna/

Old
11-15-2011, 07:17 AM
joe89

http://svtplay.se/v/2603247/ishockey...1387542,1,f,-1

http://svtplay.se/v/2603160/ishockey...1387542,1,f,-1

http://svtplay.se/v/2603245/ishockey...1387542,1,f,-1

http://svtplay.se/v/2603243/ishockey...1387542,1,f,-1

Some insight overall on this year's team and Rönnberg's philosophy.

Mentions the goaltenders, Larsson, Sundström, Nordström and Klingberg as key players due to their experience. Also mentions Klefbom as a really big leader despite being one of the younger guys.

Old
11-15-2011, 12:57 PM
airforceones25

Is William Karlsson a lock to make this team?

How did he look in this past U20 tourney? Any insight would be greatly appreciated thanks!

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:05 PM
WayneBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Is William Karlsson a lock to make this team?

How did he look in this past U20 tourney? Any insight would be greatly appreciated thanks!
I think he´s a lock. He was the player of the game against the finns i think, i did not see the games so i cannot provide you with any deeper insight.

Old
11-16-2011, 07:30 AM
IT

Quote:
You don't think Rensfeldt can play bottom lines(which he already has on this team), and then put Collberg there? I don't think they'll mind playing him there one bit, makes perfect sense to have an older, big player accustomed to the small rinks on the 4th line. Rensfeldt to me is a lock, whether they use him on a top line or bottom line..
If he has gained some strength and uses his body more than he did in J20 then i am fine with having him on the 4th line.

Quote:
Sundström and Larsson have unreal chemistry and won't be separated, they're 2/3 of our first line and that won't change barring Sundström is out with concussion or they underperform massively.
You're probably right. I am just uncertain if Sundstrom is ready due to lack of training caused by concussion to take that role from the start.

Quote:
Rakell will be a key player, but it won't necessarily be offensively imo. They're going to use him, Sundström, Friberg, Larsson, Zibanejad for every situation possible and they'll be logging a lot of ice time no matter what line you put em on. Rönnberg doesn't mind playing the hot hand in games, either..
Well we are stacked in the middle but lacking scoring wingers. I seem him and Aberg that needs to create and produce in a similiar way as Fasth and Cehlin from recent WJC.

Quote:
Nordström feels way too servicable to be left out, and he had another good showing in Finland...
I have him as 13th frw split with Nermark. Will probably center the 4th line.

Quote:
Just going from what I've seen and how they've coached the team this season. It's important to point out that we're trying to build a team that can grind it out against Canada and USA, not one that can score a goal or two extra on Slovakia. Canada always build old and gritty and that's where the experience of a -92 born comes in handy. Last year they left out RNH and Huberdeau, that says it all. We won't beat them with finesse and three scoring lines.
I do not think most 92's are good enough but i agree experience is highly important and when reading recent interview with Ronnberg it seems like very few, if any from CHL will join the team.

IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

I think this team looks great to be honest. Maybe not the most skilled team we've ever had, but a lot of very competitive players.

Should be a fun tournament.

Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 02:23 PM
joe89

Quote:
If he has gained some strength and uses his body more than he did in J20 then i am fine with having him on the 4th line.

You're probably right. I am just uncertain if Sundstrom is ready due to lack of training caused by concussion to take that role from the start.

Well we are stacked in the middle but lacking scoring wingers. I seem him and Aberg that needs to create and produce in a similiar way as Fasth and Cehlin from recent WJC.

I have him as 13th frw split with Nermark. Will probably center the 4th line.

I do not think most 92's are good enough but i agree experience is highly important and when reading recent interview with Ronnberg it seems like very few, if any from CHL will join the team.
It's really only your remarks about Nordström I highly disagree with. He's very important to this team, which just becomes evident when Rönnberg talks about him as a key player in the same breath as Larsson and Sundström. He's one of those guys you send out late in the period and when you're defending a lead. You don't send out Forsberg or Collberg, you send out Larsson and Nordström. Offensive output does not equal importance.

At this level and in a short tournament it's really not about potential, a 19yo is generally so much more mature and schooled than a 17yo with the play without the puck. Those are heavy development years in a player's career. Which is why, although being far superior prospects, Collberg is struggling to play in Elitserien and Forsberg is struggling to produce in Allsvenskan, while Nordström is a regular.

We don't have a lot of promising -92 born players to access but those we have will be crucial if we want to have success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
I think this team looks great to be honest. Maybe not the most skilled team we've ever had, but a lot of very competitive players.

Should be a fun tournament.
A well-balanced team where we need to work hard for success, not a bad thing for Sweden. I see a lot of guys willing to pay the price, which might have been lacking slightly the last few years.

Last edited by joe89: 11-16-2011 at 02:30 PM.