HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Is this not the slowest week EVER?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-23-2004, 06:34 PM
  #1
Lowetide
Registered User
 
Lowetide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,281
vCash: 500
Is this not the slowest week EVER?

Holy crap! It's only WEDNESDAY. Come on for crying out loud. What's left? Get ON with it. I can't take it anymore. Someone make a trade, even Isbister for a 3 or something.

What haven't we talked about? Germany?

Lowetide is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 06:38 PM
  #2
outKast*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,664
vCash: 500
I predict by the end of the week that Stephen Weiss will be an Edmonton Oiler .

I will bet anyone on this. Who wants to take me up on this bet?

outKast* is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 06:41 PM
  #3
Lowetide
Registered User
 
Lowetide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
I predict by the end of the week that Stephen Weiss will be an Edmonton Oiler .

I will bet anyone on this. Who wants to take me up on this bet?

I'd be thrilled if he came over.

Lowetide is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 06:42 PM
  #4
outKast*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,664
vCash: 500
If you knew what the Oilers were giving up to get him i don't think you'd be too thrilled.

outKast* is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 06:44 PM
  #5
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
If you knew what the Oilers were giving up to get him i don't think you'd be too thrilled.


because you know

__________________
http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160 - the Unofficial HF Political board
thome_26 is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 06:46 PM
  #6
Lowetide
Registered User
 
Lowetide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
If you knew what the Oilers were giving up to get him i don't think you'd be too thrilled.
Alright boyo, give. What do you know? And if you don't tell me, I'm going to send Flaming to your house where he'll take off his shoes.

Lowetide is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 06:49 PM
  #7
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Alright boyo, give. What do you know? And if you don't tell me, I'm going to send Flaming to your house where he'll take off his shoes.
And I've seen Guy at training camp - he'd conduct himself nicely in a scrap I would wager!

thome_26 is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 06:52 PM
  #8
outKast*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,664
vCash: 500
you'll see anyways. i don't want to spoil the surprise. The signs are everywhere. No matter which station you turn to, everyone is saying that Weiss will no longer be a Panther and it's a matter of when a trade is going ot happen.

Anyways you'll see it all unfold in the next couple of days. It's very impressive how well Lowe and company kept this under wraps. It turns out that Lowe was after Weiss at the trade deadline but the trade fell through. They've resumed talks over the past couple months and all i know is the deal will be finalized on draft day.

Wait till Saturday morning. Our second line would looks preety nice with Weiss. I will bet anyone that Weiss is an Oiler on draft day.

outKast* is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 06:55 PM
  #9
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
you'll see anyways. i don't want to spoil the surprise. The signs are everywhere. No matter which station you turn to, everyone is saying that Weiss will no longer be a Panther and it's a matter of when a trade is going ot happen.

Anyways you'll see it all unfold in the next couple of days. It's very impressive how well Lowe and company kept this under wraps. It turns out that Lowe was after Weiss at the trade deadline but the trade fell through. They've resumed talks over the past couple months and all i know is the deal will be finalized on draft day.

Wait till Saturday morning. Our second line would looks preety nice with Weiss. I will bet anyone that Weiss is an Oiler on draft day.
I personaly can't say either way because I don't have/nor claim to have inside info on this one, but with the way you're talking would you be willing to guarentee by saying you'd stay off say the Oilers board for, oh, I don't know, a month if it doesn't go down?

thome_26 is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 06:58 PM
  #10
outKast*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,664
vCash: 500
how bout you just change the title on top of the avatar?

If i win you replace #55 with

I'm outKast's biatch

If you win i'll say i'm your biatch.

But yes you got yourself a BET.

outKast* is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 07:08 PM
  #11
oildrop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
I predict by the end of the week that Stephen Weiss will be an Edmonton Oiler .

I will bet anyone on this. Who wants to take me up on this bet?

Hmm, you sound pretty confident outKast...let's hope you are on to something here. Weiss definitely would help out our 2nd line, with him in the fold we could have 2 solid scoring lines, something we've been lacking for a long time. You say we won't be happy with what the Oilers are giving up?? How about a hint or something on this. If you are right, you'll get your time to gloat.

oildrop is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 07:14 PM
  #12
outKast*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,664
vCash: 500
Think of a core player who would look perfect in Keenan's eyes for his team. He's going the other way. Along with that player we also give up a solid farm player and a preety high pick if i can remember correctly.

In return we get Weiss and a defenseman. (I want to say Krajicek but that would only happen in my dreams)

outKast* is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 07:17 PM
  #13
oildrop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Moreau and Rita? Isbister isn't a core player so I don't think you are talking about him right?

*Another thing, where are you getting all this "inside" information from?

oildrop is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 07:18 PM
  #14
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by outKast
how bout you just change the title on top of the avatar?

If i win you replace #55 with

I'm outKast's biatch

If you win i'll say i'm your biatch.

But yes you got yourself a BET.
I asked for a guarentee - not a bet because as I said - I don't know.

thome_26 is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 07:19 PM
  #15
outKast*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,664
vCash: 500
Just watch saturday morning on TSN man. If i'm wrong then, Weiss is still getting traded. Wether it be Pittsburg or Washington, Weiss is a bargaining chip for Keenan. The only reason this deal is going to fall through is if the Panthers have a good chance at moving up. Other than that...Weiss is basically an Oiler...However the cost of getting him may upset some

outKast* is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 07:21 PM
  #16
Oi'll say!
Registered User
 
Oi'll say!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Oil in 9
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,010
vCash: 500
You're on outkast.

You win, my avatar says "outcast is a genius" for one month.
I win, your avatar says "out to lunch" for one month.

Oi'll say! is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 07:57 PM
  #17
Yanner39
Registered User
 
Yanner39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ottawa ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
Moreau and Rita? Isbister isn't a core player so I don't think you are talking about him right?

*Another thing, where are you getting all this "inside" information from?
I was thinking just that. Gawd, I hope it's not moreau...I was thinking York, but I don't know if he qualifies as a Keenan type player...Bah, we'll see Saturday...I won't lose sleep over it. I may end up being pissed off and have a few drinks too many Saturday night if it is Moreau, but I'm not too worried...

Yanner39 is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 08:01 PM
  #18
oildrop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
I was thinking just that. Gawd, I hope it's not moreau...I was thinking York, but I don't know if he qualifies as a Keenan type player...Bah, we'll see Saturday...I won't lose sleep over it. I may end up being pissed off and have a few drinks too many Saturday night if it is Moreau, but I'm not too worried...
Yeah, I would hate to see Moreau go but if Weiss turns out like he should then it would soften the blow a little bit. But hey who knows, maybe Weiss isn't even on his way to the Oilers. I guess we'll have to wait and see on Saturday wether OutKast has some solid sources or not.

oildrop is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 08:03 PM
  #19
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Does anybody believe here for a second Lowe would deal Moreau after the how he played for us after signing the kind of contract he did!? Lowe is smarter then that - If Moreau is getting traded, I'm sure Weiss will be coming with something nice as well.

thome_26 is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 08:47 PM
  #20
Allan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: United Nations
Posts: 1,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
You're on outkast.

You win, my avatar says "outcast is a genius" for one month.
I win, your avatar says "out to lunch" for one month.
You might want to change that. His avatar practically says that already.

Allan is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 08:53 PM
  #21
creative giant*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,536
vCash: 500
This is rediculous. He has already gone from "weiss is an oiler" to "if this and this happens, weiss will basically be an oiler." I, for one, am not taking this seriously

As one poster once effectively summed up,
o what a bunch of claptrap!

creative giant* is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 08:54 PM
  #22
beebs
Registered User
 
beebs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
Is Smyth perfect for Keenan's team?

beebs is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 08:57 PM
  #23
Dr_Gonz0
Registered User
 
Dr_Gonz0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,235
vCash: 500
Smyth for Weiss and the 7thoverall??? It would have to be a sweet overpay to pry the face of the Oiler's away from Edmonton.

Dr_Gonz0 is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 09:10 PM
  #24
Vomiting Kermit*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,562
vCash: 500
Shouldn't outKast's 'rumor' be treated like the one about Comrie that I posted (twice) months back? Both were deleted because I didn't supply a link or something... isn't this the exact same situation?

Vomiting Kermit* is offline  
Old
06-23-2004, 09:10 PM
  #25
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,853
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0
Smyth for Weiss and the 7thoverall??? It would have to be a sweet overpay to pry the face of the Oiler's away from Edmonton.
You'd probably have to include Krajicek on that - because it would take a MASSIVE O.P. from FLA

thome_26 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.