HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Team Finland @ 2012 U20WJC's

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-30-2011, 12:34 PM
  #176
RKC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Sami Salminen with 2+4 today in win aginst Ilves. So far this season he has 20 points in 11 games in Nuorten SM-liiga but hasn't made his debut yet in SM-liiga for some reason. If gets some games under his belt against men could he have a chance to make the team?

RKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 01:06 PM
  #177
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The lunatic fridge
Country: Finland
Posts: 49,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKC View Post
Sami Salminen with 2+4 today in win aginst Ilves. So far this season he has 20 points in 11 games in Nuorten SM-liiga but hasn't made his debut yet in SM-liiga for some reason. If gets some games under his belt against men could he have a chance to make the team?
Some reason? He hasn't trained with the SM-liiga team and has only recently started scoring. Are those reasons too obscure/lame for you?

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 03:24 PM
  #178
RKC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Some reason? He hasn't trained with the SM-liiga team and has only recently started scoring. Are those reasons too obscure/lame for you?
I didn't know if he was training with the Jokerit first team or not, but when you are scoring at nearly 2 ppg pace, maybe it's time to move to more challenging league. Hännikäinen and Teräväinen have had their chances this season so maybe Salminen could get a game or two? And he's been scoring over ppg pace for the whole season after he missed the first games due to a injury, and put up 36 points in 30 games last season.

RKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 03:49 PM
  #179
ChadS
Registered User
 
ChadS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,075
vCash: 500
I'm quite sure Salminen will make his pro-debut rather soon, at least with Kiekko-Vantaa. He's quite ready physically and with this kind of offensive production he needs a more challenging place to play. He was really good already last season and scored 6 points in 8 A-junior games the season before that at only 16 years of age.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 11:48 PM
  #180
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The lunatic fridge
Country: Finland
Posts: 49,126
vCash: 500
At this rate half the WJC team will consist of Jokerit players.

Oh yeah, forgot to post earlier about Lindell and his position on the Jokerit depth chart, it's not too much of stretch to put him ahead of Klingberg who clearly isn't physically ready for SM-liiga. Lindell's frame is much better suited for it.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 03:38 AM
  #181
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
It's not my opinions but rather the Jokerit posters at Jatkoaika that have heard so.
So why didn’t you bring that up in your first post instead of just listing some stats? Secondly, based on the comment he/she doesn’t seem as certain about the debut as you do. Thirdly, what is that comment even supposed to mean, does it mean that he might get to practice with the first team, or that he might get a game or two with 10 minutes of ice time? Besides I don’t think one game played at a lower level is going to be a deciding factor, the coaches get a more thorough look of player after supervising them for a week or two in training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
He hasn't trained with the SM-liiga team
Source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Oh yeah, forgot to post earlier about Lindell and his position on the Jokerit depth chart, it's not too much of stretch to put him ahead of Klingberg who clearly isn't physically ready for SM-liiga. Lindell's frame is much better suited for it.
Total nonsense, Lindell is not a strong player at this point and won’t be an improvement over Klingberg. Klingberg moves a lot better, has better coordination and is smarter/more experienced. Plus he definitely weighs more than 78kg. He simply has better tools to play in SM-liiga, also defensively.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 08:05 AM
  #182
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The lunatic fridge
Country: Finland
Posts: 49,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
So why didn’t you bring that up in your first post instead of just listing some stats? Secondly, based on the comment he/she doesn’t seem as certain about the debut as you do. Thirdly, what is that comment even supposed to mean, does it mean that he might get to practice with the first team, or that he might get a game or two with 10 minutes of ice time? Besides I don’t think one game played at a lower level is going to be a deciding factor, the coaches get a more thorough look of player after supervising them for a week or two in training.
It means exactly what it says. He's going to be tested at Ki-Va to see how he can handle the pace and physicality there, if he can, he'll be tested at SM-liiga. In case you haven't noticed Jokerit aren't too shy to play juniors these days, especially since so many of the current defensive corps have been so useless offensively

Quote:
Source?
It would have been mentioned at either at jokerit.com or the posters at jatkoaika who know about the team lot more than you and I.

Quote:
Total nonsense, Lindell is not a strong player at this point and won’t be an improvement over Klingberg. Klingberg moves a lot better, has better coordination and is smarter/more experienced. Plus he definitely weighs more than 78kg. He simply has better tools to play in SM-liiga, also defensively.
He's done a find job of hiding those aspects so far. And since he reportedly has an upper body injury, other players will be tested or played in the line-up.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 08:06 AM
  #183
romelson
Registered User
 
romelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Örnsköldsvik
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,076
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to romelson
Has the finnish squad for the U20 tournament in Vaasa been released yet? I haven't been able to find anything.

Team Sweden has been released...and when Skelleftea coach Anders Forsberg talks about which of his players that will leave for national team games, he mentions that Joel Mustonen will be playing for the finnish junior national team.
http://www.folkbladet.nu/272891/2011...get-och-gnaget

B.t.w. Im quite tempted to take the ferry Umeå-Vaasa to see some games. Are there any good pubs in Vaasa?

Any hotels you could recommend?

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 08:25 AM
  #184
Latex*
DM is good
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki,Helsingfors
Posts: 5,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
Has the finnish squad for the U20 tournament in Vaasa been released yet? I haven't been able to find anything.

Team Sweden has been released...and when Skelleftea coach Anders Forsberg talks about which of his players that will leave for national team games, he mentions that Joel Mustonen will be playing for the finnish junior national team.
http://www.folkbladet.nu/272891/2011...get-och-gnaget

B.t.w. Im quite tempted to take the ferry Umeå-Vaasa to see some games. Are there any good pubs in Vaasa?

Any hotels you could recommend?

Radison Blu Royal hotel Vaasa was pretty good if i recall correctly. It's been a few years since i visited my relatives in Vaasa so i'm not sure how it's nowadays but back then it was reasonably priced when taken into account the good quality of the stay. There weren't many people there either.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 09:09 AM
  #185
RKC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by romelson View Post
Has the finnish squad for the U20 tournament in Vaasa been released yet? I haven't been able to find anything.

Team Sweden has been released...and when Skelleftea coach Anders Forsberg talks about which of his players that will leave for national team games, he mentions that Joel Mustonen will be playing for the finnish junior national team.
http://www.folkbladet.nu/272891/2011...get-och-gnaget

B.t.w. Im quite tempted to take the ferry Umeå-Vaasa to see some games. Are there any good pubs in Vaasa?

Any hotels you could recommend?
If I'm not mistaken the squads to Karjala-tournament, U20, U18 and U17 tournaments will be released tomorrow.

RKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:38 AM
  #186
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
It means exactly what it says. He's going to be tested at Ki-Va to see how he can handle the pace and physicality there, if he can, he'll be tested at SM-liiga.
Nonsense, the word “ratkaissee” is an assumption, not a sure thing like “ratkaisee”. Also there’s no mention about pace, physicality or testing, that’s just something that you made up. Plus the whole comment is based on hearsay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
It would have been mentioned at either at jokerit.com or the posters at jatkoaika who know about the team lot more than you and I.
Well, if you think that jokerit.com is a good source: LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
He's done a find job of hiding those aspects so far.
Is this once again something that you read from Jatkoaika? And if you haven’t noticed, I was comparing Klingberg and Lindell. I hope that you stop derailing this conversation with your unfruitful comments. Stay on topic and tell me what’s really wrong with my comparison, do you perhaps think that Lindell is smarter or that he has better tools to play in SM-liiga than Klingberg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
And since he reportedly has an upper body injury, other players will be tested or played in the line-up.
I haven’t denied that, but then again how is this relevant to the conversation that we had about the depth chart?

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 10:52 AM
  #187
Latex*
DM is good
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helsinki,Helsingfors
Posts: 5,551
vCash: 500
Jussi getting a big time spanking from our prospect god.

Pretty sweet.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 11:53 AM
  #188
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post
Jussi getting a big time spanking from our prospect god.

Pretty sweet.
I’m not a god, just a prospect geek who pretends to know something. And it’s not sweet, it’s sad that we waste our time arguing about hockey on a message board. It shouldn’t matter so much whether you get the final word or not.

And I apologize to Jussi, I’ll try to behave better from now on.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 12:03 AM
  #189
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The lunatic fridge
Country: Finland
Posts: 49,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
Well, if you think that jokerit.com is a good source: LINK
Well I stand corrected on that account. I admit I didn't visit jokerit.com "that much" during the off season unless someone linked to it at Jatkoaika (mostly because the site was a mess), but I didn't see Sami Salminen's name thrown around much as a potential SM-liiga debutant there. OTOH, Jokerit fans were really in off-season form and didn't write much until the exhibition games started.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 06:30 AM
  #190
Tormentor
Registered User
 
Tormentor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Too Far
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,859
vCash: 500
The roster for 4 nations tournament in Vaasa

GK - Sami Aittokallio -92 (Ilves)
GK - Ville Kolppanen -92 (Barys Astana)

D - Ville Pokka -94 (Kärpät)
D - Henri Auvinen -93 (JYP ak.)
D - Jani Hakanpää -92 (Blues)
D - Valtteri Hietanen -92 (JYP ak.)
D - Rasmus Ristolainen -94 (TPS)
D - Julius Nyqvist -92 (K-Vantaa)
D - Konsta Mäkinen -92 (LeKi)
D - Simo-Pekka Riikola -92 (KalPa)

F - Teemu Pulkkinen -92 (Jokerit)
F - Joel Armia -93 (Ässät)
F - Miikka Salomäki -93 (Kärpät)
F - Aleksander Barkov -95 (Tappara)
F - Teuvo Teräväinen -94 (Jokerit)
F - Alexander Ruuttu -92 (Jokerit)
F - Joonas Donskoi -92 (Kärpät)
F - Roope Hämäläinen -92 (Jukurit)
F - Joel Mustonen -92 (Skellefteå)
F - Mikael Kuronen -92 (Ilves)
F - Miro Aaltonen -93 (Blues)
F - Otto Paajanen -92 (HPK)
F - Markus Granlund -93 (HIFK)

So no Mikael Granlund. The offense seems quite small, Armia, Barkov, Ruuttu and Donskoi are the only taller players there.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:05 AM
  #191
bebl
Registered User
 
bebl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
U20 challenger team to Switzerland

Goalies:
1 Richard Ullberg, SaiPa -93
30 Sami Rajaniemi, JYP -92

D-men:
2 Miro Hovinen, Jokerit -92
3 Petteri Lindbohm, Jokerit -93
4 Aleksi Orenius, Ilves -93
5 Otso Rantakari, Jokerit -93
6 Juuso Riikola, KalPa -93
7 Roni Rukajärvi, Kärpät -93
8 Joonas Valkonen, Blues -93

Forwards:
9 Ville Ahlgren, Blues -93
10 Teemu Henritius, Jokerit -93
11 Markus Hännikäinen, Jokerit -93
12 Toni Kallela, KalPa -93
13 Kalle Kossila, Blues -93
14 Matti Lamberg, Kärpät -93
15 Aleksi Luhtalampi, Ilves -93
16 Tuomas Olli, KalPa -93
18 Aleksi Rekonen, Jokerit -93
19 Henri Ruotsalainen, Blues -93
20 Sami Salminen, Jokerit -93
21 Joni Seinelä, TPS -93
22 Tomi Wilenius, Ilves -93

Team is very young many late -93


Last edited by bebl: 11-01-2011 at 07:15 AM.
bebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:06 AM
  #192
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The lunatic fridge
Country: Finland
Posts: 49,126
vCash: 500
I'm a bit more worried about Helminen now that apparently he wanted Pajuoja to continue with last season's playing style with Ilves instead of bringing in more puck control. If that's the kind of hockey he wants the WJC playing, it'll mean turnovers galore.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 08:43 AM
  #193
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,729
vCash: 500
So, after the release of that roster all the wild mass guessing concerning the squad makeup just got reduced by a whole lot.

Kolppanen, Aittokallio and Gibson will likely make up the GK department.

Two players will be cut from that D, one to reduce the number to seven and another to make room for Määttä. I'm guessing Mäkinen is one and Nyqvist or Auvinen the other.

There's at least one placeholder player in forwards (I'll let ya'll guess for whom) with possibility for another to make room for Partanen. I'm calling Hämäläinen (who only makes sense as a stunt stud anyway) and then either Paajanen or Aaltonen as the cuts.


And my 2c on the Boy Wonder who obviously isn't in because Sheik Khaled el-Kummolah sees more $$$ in the Karjalalippis Games is that it's not that big of a deal really. The kid's long surpassed the need for explicit coaching on this particular level. You just send him out onto the ice and let him do whatever the heck he will, so I really don't mind him joining the team only at the eve of the main event. Besides, this solution also likely gives Barkov an expanded role which might become nothing but handy down the road.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 02:51 PM
  #194
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,700
vCash: 500
PP and PK lines? We have so many options on PP. Barkov and Granlund should be atleast at penalty killing.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:09 PM
  #195
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
PP and PK lines? We have so many options on PP. Barkov and Granlund should be atleast at penalty killing.
I think it's fairly given you'll see those two on power play as well. On Granlund's case especially I'd give it a rough 100% probability.


But seriously... perhaps something like:

Ristolainen (R) - Määttä (L)

Pulkkinen - Mi.Granlund - Donskoi

and

Pokka (R) - Riikola (L)

Armia - Barkov - Salomäki


We got four quality puck-moving d-men with two left hooks and two rights, so we can form nice matching pairs. For forwards, Ma.Granlund, Mustonen, Teräväinen and Aaltonen are also options, at least those of them who make the cut.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:24 PM
  #196
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
I think it's fairly given you'll see those two on power play as well. On Granlund's case especially I'd give it a rough 100% probability.


But seriously... perhaps something like:

Ristolainen (R) - Määttä (L)

Pulkkinen - Mi.Granlund - Donskoi

and

Pokka (R) - Riikola (L)

Armia - Barkov - Salomäki


We got four quality puck-moving d-men with two left hooks and two rights, so we can form nice matching pairs. For forwards, Ma.Granlund, Mustonen, Teräväinen and Aaltonen are also options, at least those of them who make the cut.
Can pulkkinen play at the point at PP? That would be valuable asset.

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:32 PM
  #197
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Can pulkkinen play at the point at PP? That would be valuable asset.
I recall he's been tried out there with that mule of a shot of his, so I'd say he isn't unfamiliar with it. But considering we have a right-hooked D-men for both units, it's still more likely they're going utilize him on the famous B-spot circle, not unlike that other Teemu.


Last edited by FiLe: 11-01-2011 at 04:40 PM.
FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 04:41 PM
  #198
Needles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
F - Aleksander Barkov -95 (Tappara)
F - Teuvo Teräväinen -94 (Jokerit)
Granlund's absence probably means that Barkov is #1/#2 center. Hopefully Teräväinen gets to play in a attacking line with talented linemates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebl
U20 challenger team to Switzerland
No Åsten, Vainonen or H.Ikonen

Needles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:41 PM
  #199
YARR123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post


No Åsten, Vainonen or H.Ikonen
Vainonen and H.Ikonen are to my knowledge playing with the U18 team, which I think is a good choice.

I'm pretty shocked that Åsten wasn't even on the challenger team

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 06:10 PM
  #200
Needles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Vainonen and H.Ikonen are to my knowledge playing with the U18 team, which I think is a good choice.
Yep, they're there. However, both of them have multiple FEL games under their belts. And app. 95% of the challenger team haven't played a single game in FEL. And based on what I've heard, Vainonen has been pretty good at HIFK with limited icetime.

Apparently Juuso Ikonen and Esa Lindell are also with the U18's. I'm looking forward to see how they can produce.

Needles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.