HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poulin recalled

Old
01-05-2011, 01:27 PM
kasper11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
No reason to complain about this.

With an injury making it NECESSARY to have someone called up, you reward the guy who has worked hard, earned a chance and gives you the best chance to win if he plays.

Now Poulin gets a little bit of NHL salary as a reward, gets to live the NHL life for a short time. Good for him. More importantly, he gets to practice with and face shots from NHL caliber players (a handful at least). Exposing him the the skill and pace of regular NHL'ers is great for his development, as is working daily with the top level coaches.

I think some people really think backup goalies just sit on the bench during games and do nothing else. The NHL work he will get in his short call up will be more valuable than anything he'd be getting playing a few games in the AHL.
I agree completely....as long as it is only for a few days. I still want him to continue playing in the AHL, but if you need to bring someone in to be the backup, you may as well reward the kid who has been playing well.

The bolded part especially. He is going to have 5-6 legit NHL players taking shots on him during the Isles practice. He will be able to work with the 30th best coaching staff in the NHL and a head coach that he hasn't had the opportunity to work with for months.

Ok, sarcasm aside, I do think this is the right move. There is a big difference between the AHL and NHL, and letting him see up close how things are done at this level isn't a bad thing. As long as it isn't taking much away much of his playing time in the AHL.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21

i'm betting Poulin plays vs EDM

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 02:26 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rsbergFan21 View Post
i'm betting Poulin plays vs EDM
It would make sense, though EDM has a lot of young talent, they aren't a high scoring team.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:36 PM
ZMan17
U of A!!!

Send a message via AIM to ZMan17
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
It would make sense, though EDM has a lot of young talent, they aren't a high scoring team.
Plus wouldn't it be likely that he has faced some of their players before in the AHL? I'd like to finally see the guy play too.

ZMan17 is offline   Reply With Quote