Regehr waives NMC?

Old
01-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
I would rather try and get Wheeler and Colburne somehow. love Savard's game but he's one concussion from retirment and this team needs to get younger.
Ya, that makes lots of sense. I see Boston mgmt as being unlikely to give up on Colborne myself but maybe they would. Wheeler has played well this year but I still see him as expendable. Thanks for the feedback.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejickler View Post
There is the old rumor floating around on the Bruins board saying Savard for Regehr is the basis for a deal. What do you guys make of that? Would you take something like that? Seems unlikely, mainly because it has been speculated that Savard wants to stay in the northeast for family reasons, but who really knows?
before this season yes... but unless the flames go the retooling route (which seems unlikely IMO)... i don't see Regehr/Svard having legs anymore...

as gnome pointed out we would have interest in Colborne though and I do believe he is expendable with Bergern, Savard, Krejci and Seguin ahead of him on the depth charts

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
I love Regehr but with Bouwmeester and Sarich we really don't need him. We want him/love him but we don't need him. We NEED more scoring. Regehr with his $4.02M contract has easily the most value and could fetch a very nice return. If a move is in the works for a top-line center prospect and maybe a 1st, tell me where to sign.
How the hell does Sarich make Regehr expendable?

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 06:26 PM
CoRD
Shots Fired

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
How the hell does Sarich make Regehr expendable?
I feel Sarich is very underrated round these parts. The guy can do basically the same job Regehr does. He has little to no offensive upside, is not the greatest skater, they have similar cap hits.. what does Regehr do so much better that Sarich doesn't? Skate? Score? Hit? Shut down players? Move the puck? Honest question.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 06:32 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

Quote:
I feel Sarich is very underrated round these parts. The guy can do basically the same job Regehr does. He has little to no offensive upside, is not the greatest skater, they have similar cap hits.. what does Regehr do so much better that Sarich doesn't? Skate? Score? Hit? Shut down players? Move the puck? Honest question.
Regher does it all better and more consistently. Sarich is prone to bad giveaways as well. I do like Sarich though, but he's not as good as Regher.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
Quote:
Regehr doesn't have lapses of uselessness that Sarich is so often prone to. Regehr does everything better, far (FAR) more consistently than Sarich does.

Sarich is our Komisarek.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 06:55 PM
BurnEmUp

Yeah, if I had to choose between Sarich and Regehr, I take Regehr and his extra $420k 100 times out of 100.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 07:22 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Bruins fan here. Could someone give me an honest assessment of Regehr? We're reading scouting reports from 7-8-9 years ago.Bruins need a true #2 PMD. Savard has not gotten back on track from his concussion and is aging so I can't see the Bs offering him out there right now. Thanks.

BNHL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 07:32 PM
TheDoctor10
Bigger on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNHL View Post
Bruins fan here. Could someone give me an honest assessment of Regehr? We're reading scouting reports from 7-8-9 years ago.Bruins need a true #2 PMD. Savard has not gotten back on track from his concussion and is aging so I can't see the Bs offering him out there right now. Thanks.
Regehr is not really a PMD. He can do it somewhat effectively, but truth be told, he hasn't really had to do that being paired with Leopold, Phaneuf, Bouwmeester, Aucoin. The only guys he's really been the puck mover with are Sarich and Warrener.

Now, with that said, you put Chara and Regehr on the ice together, and Crosby, Richards, Stamkos and Staal are all gonna be very very nervous facing the B's.

TheDoctor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 07:40 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
Regehr is not really a PMD. He can do it somewhat effectively, but truth be told, he hasn't really had to do that being paired with Leopold, Phaneuf, Bouwmeester, Aucoin. The only guys he's really been the puck mover with are Sarich and Warrener.

Now, with that said, you put Chara and Regehr on the ice together, and Crosby, Richards, Stamkos and Staal are all gonna be very very nervous facing the B's.
Unfortunately the Bs transition game is dismal and the #1 need is a PMD and #2 is probably a high end winger. Savard has no value right now so that rumor is bogus. Thanks for the input.

BNHL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 08:00 PM
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1

Could he be traded to Vancouver?

To CGY:
Ballard + Raymond + 1st

To VAN:
Regehr + Tanguay

I like IT!

John Swartzwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 08:06 PM
saillias

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swartzwelder View Post

To CGY:
Ballard + Raymond + 1st

To VAN:
Regehr + Tanguay

I like IT!
I'd do this. Unfortunately Tanguay got a NTC from Darryl.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 08:11 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by saillias View Post
I'd do this. Unfortunately Tanguay got a NTC from Darryl.
Pretty sure Tangs would waive to goto a contender.

On that note, it would be a nice trade for us and Tang gets a nice reward for bringing back his game again.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 09:27 PM
remer

Savard, Ference and a prospect for
Regehr and Tanguay

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 09:51 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

I don't want Savard, he's a walking concussion.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
before this season yes... but unless the flames go the retooling route (which seems unlikely IMO)... i don't see Regehr/Svard having legs anymore...

as gnome pointed out we would have interest in Colborne though and I do believe he is expendable with Bergern, Savard, Krejci and Seguin ahead of him on the depth charts
And Marchand is ahead of him as well. So I definitely think he is available for the right deal. Having guys Horton and Lucic and say adding a guy like Bourque with the centres the B's have would give them a core of forwards that would rival Philly's. I

f we could move Regehr or Bourque to aquire Wheeler and Colborne in the same package I would not hesitate. While it would be nice to get a 1st for Regehr, IMO getting Colborne would be better than getting a first in this years draft. We know more or less what we are getting in Colborne, and he could play for the Flames next year.

If it was Regehr being sent to Boston, I could see a deal like this happen for cap reasons.

To Boston:

Regehr
Mikkelson

To Calgary:

Ference
Wheeler
Colborne

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:47 PM
NinthSpoke06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
And Marchand is ahead of him as well. So I definitely think he is available for the right deal. Having guys Horton and Lucic and say adding a guy like Bourque with the centres the B's have would give them a core of forwards that would rival Philly's. I

f we could move Regehr or Bourque to aquire Wheeler and Colborne in the same package I would not hesitate. While it would be nice to get a 1st for Regehr, IMO getting Colborne would be better than getting a first in this years draft. We know more or less what we are getting in Colborne, and he could play for the Flames next year.

If it was Regehr being sent to Boston, I could see a deal like this happen for cap reasons.

To Boston:

Regehr
Mikkelson

To Calgary:

Ference
Wheeler
Colborne
Make that Tanguay instead of Mikkelson and the Bruins will add another mid-level prospect and some small cap space and we can have ourselves a deal.

NinthSpoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post
Make that Tanguay instead of Mikkelson and the Bruins will add another mid-level prospect and some small cap space and we can have ourselves a deal.
I put Mikkelson in because he is a young PMD with good size, good skater and is actually has a pretty dam good physical presence, which also fits Boston's needs. I actually do not want the Flames to trade him. If Tangs were added in the deal (although I'm not sure he would waive), a second round draft pick would probably be requested from our end instead of a prospect. I think the value is pretty close. I've said this in the past as well, Regehr and Chara on the same team would be scary as hell!

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 02:16 AM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:

To CGY:
Ballard + Raymond + 1st

To VAN:
Regehr + Tanguay

I like IT!
I laughed at this proposal. Why would the best team in the league want to do any tinkering? If it's anywhere it's to their 4th line C position.

The Kassian Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 05:17 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:

To CGY:
Ballard + Raymond + 1st

To VAN:
Regehr + Tanguay

I like IT!
I wouldn't touch it... to be honest I wouldn't trade any of our core player to the Canucks for anything short or pure sodomy that has their fans up in arms... change Ballard to Edler and Raymond to Schroeder and maybe I will consider it...

yes I know its unfair and I know the Canucks would never do it... but he Flames would never trade one of theor top players to the Canucks or Oilers either because of the horrible PR it would cause

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 05:55 PM
GoFlames

Quote:

To CGY:
Ballard + Raymond + 1st

To VAN:
Regehr + Tanguay

I like IT!
There is no way Reggie will be traded to a division rival

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 05:06 AM
Pilkington

Praise be to Armchair GMs!

Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 11:31 AM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

If Boston is looking for a PMD, Regehr really isn't the best answer. Still one of the best shutdown guys around, he can make good passes out of his own zone but he isn't known for his offensive vision.

Gio I don't think will be moved seeing as he just re-signed, are Bruins interested/willing to take JBo? Don't let the stats fool you he is still a great defenseman but doesn't really stand out offensively in Sutter's style. Plus Calgary's PP is terrible.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 11:41 AM
BurnEmUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich0591 View Post
are Bruins interested/willing to take JBo? Don't let the stats fool you he is still a great defenseman but doesn't really stand out offensively in Sutter's style. Plus Calgary's PP is terrible.

A lot of them seem to get quite upset with the idea of trading for Bouwmeester. These last two seasons (offensively) have really hurt the way fans around league look at Bouwmeester. Hopefuly GM's don't feel the same way if the Flames are looking to move him.

He's still a very good defenseman though, and can move the puck with ease. It's not his fault the forwards can't do squat with the puck once he gets it to them, or that they fail to feed him good passes when he pinches down from the point.

I think Bouwmeester would fare much better in Boston for some reason, and Bruin fans would quickly fall in love with the guy.

BurnEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2011, 03:21 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Yeah it's a good thing fans opinions arent the same as GM/scouts, JBo is definitely better than what his stats say.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote