Regehr waives NMC?

Old
01-12-2011, 01:20 PM
TheDoctor10
Bigger on the inside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich0591 View Post
Yeah it's a good thing fans opinions arent the same as GM/scouts, JBo is definitely better than what his stats say.
And he's 27 years old, and he's never missed a game. Is he overpaid? yes, by maybe a million, a million five. Would anyone rather have an extra GlenX/Moss or Jay Bouwmeester playing 24 minutes a night?

TheDoctor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Seedling
Fan level 7?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Boston would be interested in Bouw if he was available.
No, not on that contract for those years. He's gonna be a Flame for a while I expect. It's not the player but the contract nowadays. Bowie makes to much to be moved in a cap world. If he does get moved, Calgary is taking back a similar contract, and that contract likely has a NMC that would have to agree to go to Calgary.

Trades as so ridiculolously hard these days. The cap was a good idea, but the lack of trading ability is terrible.

Seedling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Boomstick

vCash: 495
I talked to my dad today, and he said he read somewhere (he can't remember where) that Regehr was quoted as saying he was traded to Boston for Marc Savard, but something fell through at the last minute.
I didn't see that anywhere, but who knows.
Anyone know about this?
I'm doubting it's legit, but you never know.

Boomstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Boomstick

vCash: 495
My bad, I just saw you guys have already discussed the Boston Savard thing.
I wonder what's going to happen, should be interesting.

Boomstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 05:35 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomstick View Post
I talked to my dad today, and he said he read somewhere (he can't remember where) that Regehr was quoted as saying he was traded to Boston for Marc Savard, but something fell through at the last minute.
I didn't see that anywhere, but who knows.
Anyone know about this?
I'm doubting it's legit, but you never know.
I think there was large speculation that this happened during the offseason, but Savard did not want to go through I believe.

King In The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich0591 View Post
I think there was large speculation that this happened during the offseason, but Savard did not want to go through I believe.
Savard says he was never asked to waive his NTC to come to Calgary... I've never heard anything about Regehr waiving... the speculation was actually that Regehr was the one who nixed it before Savard was asked to waive

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 06:44 PM
maverick9

calgary has young dman. they need forwards

maverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 07:16 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick9 View Post
calgary has young dman. they need forwards
I would add the Flames do not need forwards but rather top line forwards, esp centre.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
No, not on that contract for those years. He's gonna be a Flame for a while I expect. It's not the player but the contract nowadays. Bowie makes to much to be moved in a cap world. If he does get moved, Calgary is taking back a similar contract, and that contract likely has a NMC that would have to agree to go to Calgary.

Trades as so ridiculolously hard these days. The cap was a good idea, but the lack of trading ability is terrible.
I'm pretty sure if Calgary took Ryder, and Seidenberg/Ference that Boston would trade for Bouw. And, I'm pretty sure Bouw would waive to go there, but who knows stranger things have happened. Also for Calgary to do this, Boston would need to add a very nice prospect or 1st round draft pick. Bouw does not need to be traded, I'm just as happy to keep him. For him to be traded, it would need to be worth our while.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:24 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
And he's 27 years old, and he's never missed a game. Is he overpaid? yes, by maybe a million, a million five. Would anyone rather have an extra GlenX/Moss or Jay Bouwmeester playing 24 minutes a night?
I can't believe there is any doubt on that... JB playing 24 minutes a night hands down.

Old
01-12-2011, 11:26 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
I'm pretty sure if Calgary took Ryder, and Seidenberg/Ference that Boston would trade for Bouw. And, I'm pretty sure Bouw would waive to go there, but who knows stranger things have happened. Also for Calgary to do this, Boston would need to add a very nice prospect or 1st round draft pick. Bouw does not need to be traded, I'm just as happy to keep him. For him to be traded, it would need to be worth our while.
Totally, a comibation of things comes to mind involving Seguin, Colborne and Toronto's 1st rounder. One of the above plus is a great place to start. Again, JB will not be traded, he is money in the bank and the current NHL iron man. A GM would need to be crazy to trade such a player.

Old
02-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Feel The Heat

Mark Spector Sports
Twitter

Last thought from Big D: Hearing Flames shopping Regehr

Will he actually be moved? Stay tuned.

Feel The Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 03:38 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

according to Roger Millions Regehr has not been asked to waive his NMC by management.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
according to Roger Millions Regehr has not been asked to waive his NMC by management.
Roger has been wrong before.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 05:10 PM
saillias

There's been Regehr rumors for a long time now. Roger Millions first reported that Regehr wanted out back in the day before he signed his current 4 mil contract. I have to think there is at least a little substance to them, at that maybe he's been open to the idea of a trade for a long time. I don't see him as being invested in Calgary in the same way Iginla is.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Heat View Post
Mark Spector Sports
Twitter

Last thought from Big D: Hearing Flames shopping Regehr

Will he actually be moved? Stay tuned.
Spector is that same moron who started a rumor saying Souray to Calgary in the summer... only to admit it he made it up not long after

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Roger has been wrong before.
**********, it was so close

Old
02-03-2011, 10:19 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Internet rumours run rampant that Regehr has agreed in the past to waive his no-movement clause, but the rugged defenceman said he hasn't been approached on the subject.

"So far that hasn't happened," he said. "I just have to go out there and play. There's certain (media) guys who have had me traded since the fall."

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...#ixzz1CugjChdd

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Bobs your uncle

JayBow is a real good solid d-man.
$6.5 million worth?
No, but thats not his fault.

Bobs your uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs your uncle View Post
JayBow is a real good solid d-man.
$6.5 million worth?
No, but thats not his fault.
I wasn't aware Bouwmeester changed the spelling of his last name to Regehr... go elsewhere your input is not taken seriously around these parts

Old
02-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I wouldn't be surprised to see Regehr moved. The Flames are winning and unbelievably the playoffs look like a possibility. I would not at all be surprised to see Feaster going after a top #1 centre and moving Regehr in the process to do so.

Old
02-03-2011, 05:19 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Regehr moved. The Flames are winning and unbelievably the playoffs look like a possibility. I would not at all be surprised to see Feaster going after a top #1 centre and moving Regehr in the process to do so.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen either, but moving Regehr also creates a hole in our defense. We have all seen what this team is like without Regehr in the lineup, and if the Flames plan on making the playoffs this year, moving Regehr would weaken our defense considerably and it would be a blow to this team's chances of making the playoffs IMO. Who replaces him if he's moved?

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen either, but moving Regehr also creates a hole in our defense. We have all seen what this team is like without Regehr in the lineup, and if the Flames plan on making the playoffs this year, moving Regehr would weaken our defense considerably and it would be a blow to this team's chances of making the playoffs IMO. Who replaces him if he's moved?
I totally agree that it will, and there is no way to replace him unless we trade for another d-man which would be a lateral move and is pointless. Moving Regehr would leave us with a top 3 of Bouw, Gio and Sarich. To fill the void, it would have to be done by committee. I hate to say it, but I could really see a guy like Pardy stepping up and getting more minutes. The second half of the season he has really been one of the most improved players on our team. Obviously Sarich would eat alot more minutes, and Staios would be a regular in the lineup. Next year we will be much better off with having the option of inserting Brodie and Erixon into the lineup. But I totally agree, moving agree heading into the playoffs is not ideal, but realistically there is no one on our team that is tradeable or available that would fetch a good return.

Old
02-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
what team would give up a #1 center this time of year?... any team willing to move a top player will be at the very least be doing a major re-tooling

Old
02-04-2011, 08:28 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Spector is that same moron who started a rumor saying Souray to Calgary in the summer... only to admit it he made it up not long after

**********, it was so close
Yup, Spector is indeed an idiot and you can not take what he says as face value after that stupid Souray "rumour"