HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Only 23 games left until the trading deadline

Old
01-05-2011, 06:44 AM
sjmay*

vCash: 500
Roy is out for 5-6 months I believe, so he is off the table,

Penner would be a good acquisition,

Hemsky is not worth it, neither is Havlat.

Gagne has been a bust in Tampa, might be worth a flier depending on price.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 08:29 AM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsdzyuk View Post
Welcome!

It would take A LOT to pry Booth from Florda, I suppose Stoll, Johnson, Hickey and a 1st for Booth and Weaver. I think that'll do
i am not sure it would take that much to get Booth.

he has only hit 30g 60pt once, and has been injured ever since. on pace for 20g this year. In all honesty he kinda sounds like williams in some cases (younger).

i am not totally sure what they might want for him and am kinda surprised that he might be on the trading block, but JJ alone imo is worth more then him now.

moller, lewis, voyonov or 1st?

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:21 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

i thought we said this team lacks speed, Penner would make us an even slower team.. Hemsky or Havlat on the other hand..

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Westgarth + a 1st.
You do realize we still have 4 more games with Andy Sutton!?

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:45 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I come in peace people

I don't know where to put this... According to Yvon Pedneault (CKAC 730 in Montreal), the Kings are making a strong push for Langenbrunner since the Sturm "experiment" isn't going all that great for them.

Apparently Lou didn't want to move Jamie to L.A. for whatever reasons and offered Zubrus instead. The Kings don't want a player with a contract surpassing this year so the Langenbrunner talks are back on. Apparently captain Dustin Brown had high praises towards his captain in last winters Olympic.

Take this with a grain of salt and DON'T SHOOT THE MESSANGER !!!

* If Jamie is acquired by Lombardi, what will the return look like? Would he think about moving one of Hickey or Teubert for Jamie?

Last edited by DEVILS ALL THE WAY*: 01-05-2011 at 10:55 AM.
DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:53 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Thanks Devils All The Way

This rumor has been floating around since this past weekend. Apparently it almost went down but something held it up at the last minute.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
You do realize we still have 4 more games with Andy Sutton!?
Like the game when LA beat Anaheim 4-1 with Westgarth in the press box?

BTW, the Kings lost 2-0 with Westgarth in the lineup against Anaheim. Clifford fought in both games and Westgarth did nothing in his game.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I come in peace people

I don't know where to put this... According to Yvon Pedneault (CKAC 730 in Montreal), the Kings are making a strong push for Langenbrunner since the Sturm "experiment" isn't going all that great for them.

Apparently Lou didn't want to move Jamie to L.A. for whatever reasons and offered Zubrus instead. The Kings don't want a player with a contract surpassing this year so the Langenbrunner talks are back on. Apparently captain Dustin Brown had high praises towards his captain in last winters Olympic.

Take this with a grain of salt and DON'T SHOOT THE MESSANGER !!!

* If Jamie is acquired by Lombardi, what will the return look like? Would he think about moving one of Hickey or Teubert for Jamie?
thank you

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Like the game when LA beat Anaheim 4-1 with Westgarth in the press box?

BTW, the Kings lost 2-0 with Westgarth in the lineup against Anaheim. Clifford fought in both games and Westgarth did nothing in his game.
If I had it my way Westgarth would never suit up again.

That was sarcasm for a comment someone made before the Kings-Ducks game when Westgarth announced as a scratch.

Old
01-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Sturm was not a bad trade...for what the Kings gave up. But he should be an energy and speed guy on the 4th line who can step in when there is an injury on a higher line, he has never been a scorer in his career.

Langenbrunner is another guy who ideally is in a 2nd or 3rd line role, he is really versatile and has been through the wars, would depend on the cost.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Sturm was not a bad trade...for what the Kings gave up. But he should be an energy and speed guy on the 4th line who can step in when there is an injury on a higher line, he has never been a scorer in his career.

Langenbrunner is another guy who ideally is in a 2nd or 3rd line role, he is really versatile and has been through the wars, would depend on the cost.
I think that Landenbrunner will go to a team much closer to winning the cup. He is a player that can help be that final piece of depth for a cup run. He will be the easiest player for Lou to trade since he is an UFA. Same with Arnott, but I believe they both have a NTC and will get to pick their destination.

Lou is trying to get other GMs to take his horrible multi-year deals that he has. Rolston wasn't even good enough at half the cap hit/salary.

Zubrus is the other player he is trying to unload with multiple years at a high cap hit (at least for what he brings).

Lou has made a mess in NJ. I wonder what Parise is thinking right now watching from the press box? Does he sign a 1 year deal and test UFA in 2012?

Old
01-05-2011, 01:01 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
I think that Landenbrunner will go to a team much closer to winning the cup. He is a player that can help be that final piece of depth for a cup run. He will be the easiest player for Lou to trade since he is an UFA. Same with Arnott, but I believe they both have a NTC and will get to pick their destination.

Lou is trying to get other GMs to take his horrible multi-year deals that he has. Rolston wasn't even good enough at half the cap hit/salary.

Zubrus is the other player he is trying to unload with multiple years at a high cap hit (at least for what he brings).

Lou has made a mess in NJ. I wonder what Parise is thinking right now watching from the press box? Does he sign a 1 year deal and test UFA in 2012?
Spot on.

Regarding Parise, if he wants a one year deal... Lou will move him at the draft not to lose him for nothing at the end of the year. Worst case scenario, he signs a one year deal and Lou moves him at the deadline.

I think he'll resign and once that's done, Lou will start unloading the dead wood for peanuts. We have 13M$ coming off the books this year in Langenbrunner, Arnott, Hedberg, Greene and Mair. We have close to 16M$ coming off the books in two years with Rolston, White, Salvador and sadly Marty.

Lou will have alot of rope to work with in the next couple of years, let's just hope that he can upgrade our blueline and not hand out 3M$ deals to defensive d-men's ala White or Salvador.

P.S. What would be a reasonnable return for Langenbrunner if he is traded to L.A. Would one of Hickey, Teubert or Voynov be a option?

Old
01-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
P.S. What would be a reasonnable return for Langenbrunner if he is traded to L.A. Would one of Hickey, Teubert or Voynov be a option?
The rumors were about Voynov, but I don't think that Dean would give him up for a rental (at least I hope not), especially with the Jekyll and Hyde season so far for the Kings. Langenbrunner wouldn't be enough to push the Kings past the top teams in the West.

Dean is probably trying to move Drewiske for a veteran defenseman (UFA to be) to play in the #6 spot.

Quote:
I think he'll resign and once that's done, Lou will start unloading the dead wood for peanuts. We have 13M$ coming off the books this year in Langenbrunner, Arnott, Hedberg, Greene and Mair. We have close to 16M$ coming off the books in two years with Rolston, White, Salvador and sadly Marty.
Wasn't that supposed to happen after Kovalchuk signed? Half of that $13 million will go to Parise, does Albany have enough NHL-ready prospects to play next season to fill out the roster? Don't the Devils have the same winning percentage with and without Parise this season? Parise being traded is the move that can help NJ avoid a 3-5 year rebuild. Does Lou really want to start another long rebuild before he retires?

Old
01-05-2011, 01:24 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Wasn't that supposed to happen after Kovalchuk signed? Half of that $13 million will go to Parise, does Albany have enough NHL-ready prospects to play next season to fill out the roster? Don't the Devils have the same winning percentage with and without Parise this season? Parise being traded is the move that can help NJ avoid a 3-5 year rebuild. Does Lou really want to start another long rebuild before he retires?
The Devils have a couple of rookies that will step in next year. Arnott will be replaced with Jacob Josefson who's been injured for a good portion of the year, Langenbrunner will be replaced on right wing with Zubrus or Vasyunov and the rest isn't all that important (backup netminder and a 4th line center).

Lou ****ed up by not moving anyone prior to the start of the season. I doubt he'll do the same thing twice.

Old
01-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
Quote:
yes, especially Hickey or Voynov

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Jamie Langenbrunner seems like a guy Dean kind of guy, As for me . . I don't think we need him but I'm not a GM.

Maybe he gets put on the 3rd line with Simmonds & Zues, Cliffy gets moved to the 4th with Lewis & Richardson?

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Duc620

It's a little early to call "the Strum experiment" a failure, don't you think? NJ's real problem NJ is Kovalchuk and Parise on the same team - they both need the puck on their sticks to be effective - and it's very difficult to build a team around TWO players like that. That takes a lot of time, probably new players and a new system in NJ. Logic dictates that they can't trade the Kovy Kontract. So, that means a blockbuster for Parise. IF NJ goes to restock mode.

But, I don't think NJ will trade their superstars. NJ will take their time and restock with new players to compliment Kovalchuk and Parise. They'll probably get more interest to their vets as we get closer to the trade deadline and playoff bound teams look to fine tune their rosters with experience and toughness.

As for the Kings, DL is looking for players who don't make mistakes under pressure. Those are the guys who win playoff games. Langenbrunner and Versteeg fit that category.

Look for a stay at home vet D (to backfill Mitchell) and Langenbrunner.

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Below is a list of the top 60 point getters in the NHL at this point in the season. Other than Richards, Iginla, Roy, and Havlat I don't see any of them that would be on the trading block. Havlat would probably be the cheapest to get and to be honest I am not too sure about Roy. Everyone wants instant dependable offense. I'm just not sure that it is there to get in this market at the price most of us would be willing to pay.
My fantasy team called to let you know Derek Roy had a season ending injury a week or so ago.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:19 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
yes, especially Hickey or Voynov
If Hickey can be had for Langenbrunner, Lou needs to be all over this A.S.A.P.

Old
01-05-2011, 04:30 PM
s3machine*

Quote:
If Hickey can be had for Langenbrunner, Lou needs to be all over this A.S.A.P.
Everytime I see Drewiske on the ice.. and ...gasp... Harrold, I cringe at the thought of losing our young blue liners.. It almost sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard.. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

now if Parise is involved... its a whole different discussion.

s3machine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 04:54 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

ugh, Langs has been a complete train wreck this season for the Devils. 4 goals, 10 assists, and all their fans want the "C" stripped from him. He's old, slow, and looks DONE. He does nothing for the Kings. It would be a waste to trade ANY assets worth a damn for him

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:18 PM
stonedhenge

Can't believe there is somebody who would actually trade 4th overall pick for a rental 2nd/3rd liner.

stonedhenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
It's a little early to call "the Strum experiment" a failure, don't you think? NJ's real problem NJ is Kovalchuk and Parise on the same team - they both need the puck on their sticks to be effective - and it's very difficult to build a team around TWO players like that. That takes a lot of time, probably new players and a new system in NJ. Logic dictates that they can't trade the Kovy Kontract. So, that means a blockbuster for Parise. IF NJ goes to restock mode.

But, I don't think NJ will trade their superstars. NJ will take their time and restock with new players to compliment Kovalchuk and Parise. They'll probably get more interest to their vets as we get closer to the trade deadline and playoff bound teams look to fine tune their rosters with experience and toughness.

As for the Kings, DL is looking for players who don't make mistakes under pressure. Those are the guys who win playoff games. Langenbrunner and Versteeg fit that category.

Look for a stay at home vet D (to backfill Mitchell) and Langenbrunner.
For the next year or so I find it hard to believe that many teams, much less the Kings would help the Devils 1) unload salary 2) help the team rebuild, after the Kovalchuk contract situation this last summer. The Devils will get a top 5 draft choice, let that be their reward for the Kovalchuk contract and get the FA from the Devils you want this summer.

Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedhenge View Post
Can't believe there is somebody who would actually trade 4th overall pick for a rental 2nd/3rd liner.
Hickey is no longer a 4th overall pick. He's just a defenseman in Manchester right now. Just because he was drafted 4th overall doesn't mean he retains the same value.

Just like Simmonds is worth more than just a 2nd round pick right now.

Old
01-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc620 View Post
The bigger problem has been the defense. If I had listed out the Devils D just prior to the season, guys like Olivier Magnan and Mark Fayne would have been about 12th and 13th on the list. Basically, I expected them to be below average AHL defenders. Sadly they've both seen signficant time at the NHL level.

Keeping Parise and Kovalchuk on separate lines should be fine going into the future. Having Brian Rolston take up 5 million and not being able to crack the 3rd line handcuffs us until 2012.

Don't think the Devils are going to go into full blow it up and rebuild mode. But 2011-12 isn't looking too good barring somebody doing a Coburn/Zhitnik type swap. After 2012, there'll be a big chunk of money freed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
ugh, Langs has been a complete train wreck this season for the Devils. 4 goals, 10 assists, and all their fans want the "C" stripped from him. He's old, slow, and looks DONE. He does nothing for the Kings. It would be a waste to trade ANY assets worth a damn for him
I don't disagree with your assessment, but I would hope DL has a longer memory than the last three months. Hasn't even been 12 months since Langenbrunner captained the US Olympic team.

Sometimes it's an illogical trade deadline guy that ends up being a galvanizing source. In 2003, the Devils seemingly desperately needed another finisher to be a true contender (allegedly we had a deal in place for Selanne, but he used his NTC to block the deal).

So instead, the guy that we got was Grant Marshall. Most of us gave the trade the facepalm treatment. Here's a guy with 8 goals in 66 games that year with Columbus. Even in Dallas, he had 0 goals in 59 career playoff games.

Marshall then had maybe the best four month stretch of his career and came through in some clutch moments.

Given the composition of the Kings, Langenbrunner doesn't seem to have a natural spot. But I like the fact that he's versatile enough to play on a 2nd or 3rd line should an injury arise. Even if everybody's healthy, Langenbrunner would give the Kings a pretty nice looking 4th line that could chip in some offense in the playoffs.

Sturm-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Ponikarovsky-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford/Richardson-Richardson/Lewis-Langenbrunner

And another factor would be keeping Langenbrunner away from teams like San Jose and Dallas. Might be the difference between being a #3 seed and being #6-8.

But that's the risk with deadline acquisitions. Sometimes you get a Grant Marshall, other times you get Mark Parrish or Cliff Ronning. But I think the difference is that Langenbrunner would only expected to be a role player rather than a top 6 guy necessarily.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote