HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings Fans????

Old
01-04-2011, 07:31 PM
Kingjordan

vCash: 500
Kings Fans????

Ok really don't know why I am posting it but going to anyways..

Anyone here not have any friends or family that are hockey fans???? Grew up with friends and family loving football, basketball, baseball but nobody liked hockey. I love those sports too but Love Kings and love hockey.

So wondering does anyone else not have friends or family who are into hockey?

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Been playing hockey for 20 yrs and most of my friends play and watch hockey too. Live in a family of baseball players tho. My brother and I fell in love with hockey during the Gretzky years.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 07:36 PM
SMoneyMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjordan View Post
Ok really don't know why I am posting it but going to anyways..

Anyone here not have any friends or family that are hockey fans???? Grew up with friends and family loving football, basketball, baseball but nobody liked hockey. I love those sports too but Love Kings and love hockey.

So wondering does anyone else not have friends or family who are into hockey?
I'm Canadian so there was always hockey around. But I recently moved here to LA and my wife's cousin is a huge hockey fan, more so than all but a couple from Canada... I've been very lucky.

You've got us?

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 08:37 PM
KingNothing4

Well growing up I loved hockey and all I wanted to do was play and watch it, but ya no one else liked it around me. Grew up northwest of LA so ya everyone liked basketball, baseball, and football. However, got my family to be casual fans so I finally get to see most games and they like to watch it with me. They actually get mad when they play like crap and are happy when they play well now, too.

KingNothing4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 08:43 PM
s3machine*

Hockey fans...

I know exactly where you are coming from.. There are literally no people in my entire family tree who are into hockey.. and im Armenian.. meaning my family tree rivals the size of most small cities .. Theyre all into basketball mostly.. for the longest time when I was a kid i had no one to watch games or talk about the game with..

Througout the years though I made alot of friends who are into hockey.. Alot of diverse people in terms of nationality and ethnicity.. All geniunelly great folks.. Ive even played in net for 3 different teams who were all Armenian nontheless!

Playing hockey opens the door to meeting a ton of cool people who share the same love for the game that you do.. My closest friends now are all hockey fanatics and huge Kings fans too.. Its always fun to gather up and watch the games.. You should hear the colorful stuff thats said about the team when were losing.. lol.. good times.

Theres hockey fans everywhere.. Alot in Southern Cali too.. you just gotta look in the right areas to find em. You might have to look outside your family tree like I did.

s3machine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Kingsfan1

Yeah everyone besides Me , My dad and Uncle does not like hockey...They are either a big Manchester United fan , Football for the Patriots (well i am too) because they came to Cali from Boston and are big Lakers fans.

But for me its :

KINGS

Patriots
Don't Care

=)

Kingsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 09:00 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Well, my Dad is only interested in the Kings because he deals with them at work on a daily basis (from september-april anyway). A couple of my cousins are moderately interested, but that's it.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 09:15 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

My brother is really the only one in my family that's an actual fan. Most of my family enjoys going to a game though.

kingsholygrail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 10:06 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

My stepdad got me into hockey.

The horrible thing is i live in a town where 6 people are hockey fans.

Hockey doesnt exist where i live.

FrozenKing18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 01:38 AM
leafsfan12345

haha i just had to post because im from just outside of Toronto, Ontario been living here in Hamilton my whole life (20 years) and i find myself asking the same when it comes to other sports. everyone and thier mother lives and breathes hockey in southern ontario but im the ONLY, and let me repeat ONLY person i know that love baseball with a passion. my friends/fam make fun of me all the time cuz im a huge baseball fan and how "boring" it is. i guess thats what u get from us canadians after watching hockey for so long but i cant even talk baseball with anyone which is a bummer but oh well! i still drag my friends out to jays games all the time

leafsfan12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Pucknut50

Been a Hockey fan for almost 40 years. I started playing when I was 12 and stopped on my 40th birthday (Big mistake but thought I needed to do the Husband and Dad thing 100%) A few family members have become Hockey fans but all Duck fans since I live in OC. Now when the Kings beat the Ducks the victories are a little sweeter. But maybe due to age I cannot watch a complete game on the DVR. I just fast forward the thing. If the Kings are playing like crap it takes me 20 min to watch and if the Kings play well then its an hour. Needless to say I have watched alot lately in 20 min or less

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 01:00 PM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

When I tell people that I like hockey and esp. Kings, I get one response most of the time.. "WHY?"

hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
My brother in-law got me into hockey by taking me to my first game in 2005 (Home opener against the Blues). . . the rest is history.

No one in my family ever watched hockey before me. Although, I do have a memory of my dad taking me to a Kings game at the forum when I was 6ish . .

Last edited by Cutty Sarkn3ss*: 01-05-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 01:41 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauspaint View Post
When I tell people that I like hockey and esp. Kings, I get one response most of the time.. "WHY?"
This.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 01:57 PM
SLang

Mother and 1 sister could care less.

Father and other sister are die-hard.

Strange, eh?

Being a Kings fan is cool. Being a Laker fan is just too easy.

Another funny thing is facebook.....I have found through facebook that a number of other family members are surprisingly big Kings fans, and I didn't even know.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote