HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#41 - 01.05.2011 | Carolina Hurricanes @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
01-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
[QUOTE=Ranger de FLA;30002484]Well, I could've sworn that somebody posted it during the game. I couldn't find it... Oh well.

haha well ive been posting "Zucc gets his first goal this game" for every game hes played in so was gunna get it right one day.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 09:53 PM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
It`s Frodo time this game. I bet he will make 1+1 tomorrow.
Say no more.

Congratulait Zucca. Norway loves you.

LGR

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 09:58 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Yeah I thought Zucca was passing to Stepper. Oh well, you make good plays and you'll be rewarded. Throwing that puck out front was a smart play.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

everyone look at post #11

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Game/season observations:

Zucca is getting stronger every game and his talent level is evident. I don't care who/what, this guy stays up for a real look and a real role on this team.

Look at Henrik's #'s (all of this "mediocre season" talk is killing me) (25+ games): tied for league lead in SO's, 6th save %, 5th GAA, tied 4th in wins (3 behind #1), tied for 1st in assists ().

What's up with Drury's pants? He's been wearing the same pair that looks like he got in a fight with a pit bull and lost.

Dubinsky isn't Crosby. But he's ours.

Sauer - no one talks about him. Good.

Gilroy - laugh if you want, but he's tied for 2nd in goals (D) playing 15+ less games and much less minutes. A little confidence goes a long way.

Fedotenko - what were Pens fans smoking? This guy brings it all every damn game.

Staal. I think he, without question, would be the guy this team would miss the most (other than Henrik) if he were injured. Monster minutes against the league's best.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
asparkoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
AA is such an uderrated player..one sequence jumps out...he makes a great pass to Gaby that Gaby tips wide the puck goes around and AA hustles back and makes a sweet play in the def corner......what a player!
He's gonna be one of the better two way centers in the league. He got robbed of an assist on that play by Gaborik haha

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:07 PM
NYRSchrute217

Good game. Glad I went.

Rangers should have won this game by more. Frankly, the were the much better team and missed a ton of opportunities, but can't complain about 2 points.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Game/season observations:

Zucca is getting stronger every game and his talent level is evident. I don't care who/what, this guy stays up for a real look and a real role on this team.

Look at Henrik's #'s (all of this "mediocre season" talk is killing me) (25+ games): tied for league lead in SO's, 6th save %, 5th GAA, tied 4th in wins (3 behind #1), tied for 1st in assists ().

What's up with Drury's pants? He's been wearing the same pair that looks like he got in a fight with a pit bull and lost.

Dubinsky isn't Crosby. But he's ours.

Sauer - no one talks about him. Good.

Gilroy - laugh if you want, but he's tied for 2nd in goals (D) playing 15+ less games and much less minutes. A little confidence goes a long way.

Fedotenko - what were Pens fans smoking? This guy brings it all every damn game.

Staal. I think he, without question, would be the guy this team would miss the most (other than Henrik) if he were injured. Monster minutes against the league's best.

Sather should resign Fedotenko. i hope he stays for another 2-3 years. he is only 31, one of the good leaders that is good to have in the playoffs. he is a clutch player.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid View Post
Look at the bottom of his post, he said he'd upload it tomorrow (its 5 AM in Norway, he probably needs a little sleep, hehe)
D'oh! I'm blind

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegian View Post
luck he says enjoy this from his time in Asker norway. pay special attention from about 0:48-0:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgZ_c...eature=related

congrats mats, i know you made this a memorable late night for alot of norwegians 0425 in the morning and work at 7 but who cares now
probably should have added the link just imagine if he could work up that confidence in the nhl hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgZ_c...eature=related

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:38 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Huge win. The crowd went nuts in the end, the garden exploded

01-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Pizza

Of 19 Rangers in uniform tonight, 10 are home grown product.

That's pretty darn cool in my book.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

Just got done watching , felt like a playoff game.... so happy for mza!!!

Swedish Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

dont get me wrong...Henrik was very good tonight...but Ward played out of his frikkin mind...tonight was the very definition of standing on your head. wow, what a performance. i'll take these 2 points and run. its rare we beat a goalie that plays that well.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:58 PM
darko

Boom... chalk up 2 vital points.

2 more points out of next 2 games would be a good return.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrcantakeyou View Post
haha well ive been posting "Zucc gets his first goal this game" for every game hes played in so was gunna get it right one day.
haha I see, but I could of sworn I saw somebody say it'll be from the side. I must've been seeing ****.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 12:50 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

"Zuccarello on size: I've been like this for 23 years. I've had a long time to practice being short. I don't know what it is to be big."

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:38 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

MSG Feed of Zuke's goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXgrhd8vGAA

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:51 AM
raist

Ward had an outstanding game. I am glad i watched this game live, even though i can barely keep my eyes open at the moment, but who cares about work anyway?

Great finish bei zucs, really glad he finally scored his first.
Gabby looked really good out there too, if he keeps playing like that, it will help the team tremendously.

raist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:53 AM
racer90

Just caught this on ESPN this morning. Zucs goal was number 10 for the top 10 plays of the night.
sick

racer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 05:18 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

What a shot. Can't wait to see more of that.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Funny watching the crowd reaction on Zucca's goal. Everyone was late to realize what happened. No one, I mean NO ONE, was expecting that shot. Players included. That's one of the things I've really liked about this kid in his brief time here--his creativity. It's a breath of fresh air.
Yeah, and lets realize it, we have a team full of stiffs. A likable team, the most likable NYR-side I've seen in a long time.

But, man sometimes it looks like we have a 4th line on the ice and a 3rd D pairing for a full 2 minutes PP. I mean just about everyone not named Stepan or Gabby looks like they are handling a handgrenade a few times per game. From Staal to Dubinsky to Fedetenko.

When Zucc gets the puck its like he is handling it with care -- oh so gently -- politely trying to show everyone else how its done. lol

In the end, a really important game for MZA -- and this team. We need him. His play so far, after the first game, really have not warrented that he is kept in the NHL. He needs to produce. Not a PPG, but like at least just under 0,5 PPG (as a rookie). And its important for this team because you can do so many things right for 60 minutes -- but still have so little to show for it. This team can carry a player like MZA. And if the other guys do their job, one pass like MZA did last night can be the difference between getting 0/1/2 pts...

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 07:53 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
In the end, a really important game for MZA -- and this team. We need him. His play so far, after the first game, really have not warrented that he is kept in the NHL. He needs to produce. Not a PPG, but like at least just under 0,5 PPG (as a rookie). And its important for this team because you can do so many things right for 60 minutes -- but still have so little to show for it. This team can carry a player like MZA. And if the other guys do their job, one pass like MZA did last night can be the difference between getting 0/1/2 pts...
I'm not sure what you're saying in this paragraph you say he should not be kept up based on his play and then indicate the team should carry him (Which to me hints that he should stay up).

I think he should definitely stay up. he's generating offense every game and is not being a liability. Can't think of a good reason to send him down. Plus he keeps showing chemistry with top guys.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 08:22 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Very impressed with the Rangers last night.

They played a full 60 minutes imo. A game like this, the last few years they come out flat. They sustained a nice level of play the entire game and tbh i think it has a lot to do with the fact that Drury isnt the leader on the ice for this team any longer.

Dubinsky took the bull by the horns tonight and Gaborik also showed up. Ward played out of his head tonight, this game couldve been 3 or 4 to 0 after that second period, easily. Kudos to him. He is a very very good goalie.

Hate to pick on Drury, but i've been coming back to him a lot. Torts didnt have the players last year so Drury was being put in a lot of different situations offensively. He has nothing to speak of offensively. Last night he played 10 minutes. 10 minutes, and thats including time on the PK for 3 PP's for Carolina. Tortorella is doing a great job limiting his minutes. Thats why i love about Torts, he is honest and doesnt try to force a square peg into a round hole. Its not about feelings, or elder respect, its about winning the ****ing game. Drury is done, and he does very little for this team offensively, so deploy him at what he does best, PK and few shifts here and there.

Very happy for Zuccs. That was the perfect time for his 1st. Awesome game to watch and a better finish. Now the tough road begins. 6 straight playoff teams upcoming and some of them very good teams. Dallas is going to be a tough one, but if they could start of this stretch with a point or two it could set them up for at least a decent stretch. What they have to guard against here is a slump of any sort. They are going to lose a few games here, i cant see them cruising through these next 6. Just limit any losing streaks.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Nicely done Loffen.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote