HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Any rumors on a D-man being traded to the Sharks?

Old
01-05-2011, 05:55 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
WOW, please stop with the ridiculous post. First off Rosie by himself can net a bottom 1st round pick, but the Sharks dont have the cap space to take rosie off our hands. Rosie is a solid 2 way defenseman who is a #2-4 defenseman. No need to just give him away.

Stop with the Girardi trade proposals. I dont know why you want to get rid of him for nothing. Hes young, plays in all situations and is solid in every aspect of the game. No way does ANY Rangers fan ever want this trade to go down. the sharks if they can find a way to deal with the cap hit would take this and run away laughing.

Id love for you to put this on the rangers board and see what kind of responses you would get. Your out of your mind to want to give up two very good defensman for basically a pick in the late 20's. Besides we dont have any defenseman who can come in and take their minutes. I have no issue of dealing rosie for the 1st and a player going into his UFA like Huskins or something but this is just a terrible proposal
Thanks for the feedback.
I disagree with your conclusions including as to this being a "ridiculous" post.
Am leaving the office now, hope not to be too late to check out the NYR game...

Will extend courtesy of a reply first chance over next couple of days, possibly tomorrow.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 07:51 PM
goon5516

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChompChomp View Post
Sharks don't have a need for Langenbrunner and his cap hit.

How about Seto + Huskins + 1st for Tallinder + Greene? If you break it down, it's basically Seto for Tallinder (fair deal), and Huskins + 1st for Greene (more than fair deal, I know fellow Sharks fans would blast me for including a 1st, but when you consider Tallinder is in the deal it makes sense).
I wouldn't mind this trade but who is gonna take seto's spot in ur lineup? Don't really follow sharks to know this info!

goon5516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 07:55 PM
SharksAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
Here's a random proposal:

To SJ:
Regehr
Glencross

To CGY
Wallin
McGinn
Petrecki
I'd be all over that deal. Sharks could use a shutdown d-man like Regehr and Glencross is a more than adequate replacement for McGinn. Not to mention getting rid of Wallin.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Thanks for the feedback.
I disagree with your conclusions including as to this being a "ridiculous" post.
Am leaving the office now, hope not to be too late to check out the NYR game...

Will extend courtesy of a reply first chance over next couple of days, possibly tomorrow.
Sorry i didnt mean to sound harsh or to sound like a jerk. I just dont believe its a good proposal for the rangers. Girardi and Rosie are argueably the 2nd and 3rd best defensemen on the rangers. If they are traded who steps in for them? Mcdonaugh and Valentenko arent ready for top 4 minutes, and the rangers right now are a growing team.

Secondly, Girardi and Rosie are worth more than just a 1st round pick, especially it going to be a late round pick in a draft that isnt very strong outside of the top 10 picks. Id want a substantially larger offer for both of them.

I understand we would gain tons of capspace but Richards isnt a give in for anything and the list of UFA's this year on defense arent that amazing that i would break the bank on them. Plus after next year, drury, rosie, and avery come off the books i believe thats about 16million that will be freed up with UFA's that are much more what we are looking for.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 08:47 PM
sweHockeypunk21

How about at the deadline:

To SJ:
McCabe
Cheap role player

To FLA:
Mcginn
Huskins (he's on the last year of his contract. if not we can dump him or put him on waivers for cap reasons)
Mitchell
1rst round pick 11

Boyle-Murray
Mccabe-Vlasic
Wallin-Demers

and to NJD howabout:

To SJ:
Greene
Langenbrunner

To NJD:
Huskins
Setoguchi
1rst round pick 11

Mcginn-Thornton-Heatley
Clowe-Couture-Marleau
Mitchell-Pavelski-Langenbrunner
Mccarthy-Nichol-Mayers

Boyle-Murray
Greene-Vlasic
Wallin-Demers

Niemi
Niitty

Last edited by sweHockeypunk21: 01-05-2011 at 08:58 PM.
sweHockeypunk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 08:57 PM
biturbo19

Get SJS to take Kuba or even Gonchar off the Sens hands.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweHockeypunk21 View Post

To SJ:
McCabe
Cheap role player

To FLA:
Mcginn
Huskins (he's on the last year of his contract. if not we can dump him or put him on waivers for cap reasons)
Mitchell
1rst round pick 11
Holy overpayment Batman!!

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:13 PM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

Quote:
Originally Posted by goon5516 View Post
I wouldn't mind this trade but who is gonna take seto's spot in ur lineup? Don't really follow sharks to know this info!
That's okay, we'll manage. Point is, we both seem to agree that Seto, Huskins and a 1st for Tallinder and Greene makes sense. Seems like Lou Lam and DW need to take a look at this.

ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 12:17 AM
sweHockeypunk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Holy overpayment Batman!!
Make it a lesser pick, but Mccabe would bolster our blueline if he plays like he used to. How has he been doing lately? I also like that he is Lefty, and that Boyle is a Righty.

edit: His stats look like he would be the perfect #2 behind Boyle (maybe not for cap reasons but as a player)

19 points, 5 goals in 37 games
for reference, Boyle has 29 points, 5 goals in 40 games

According to capgeek he has a NMC though

Last edited by sweHockeypunk21: 01-06-2011 at 12:27 AM.
sweHockeypunk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:08 AM
StalockSuperfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saren View Post
Are we starting from 2011?
I don't get this joke. DW is a damn good trader.

StalockSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 08:02 AM
tony d
RIP Hot Rod

I can see San Jose being in the market for a Regehr. Maybe dangle Devin Setoguchi and a draft pick to get him.

tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 08:24 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
If the Sharks are going to trade with the Devils, I'd love to see both Tallinder and Greene in teal. Tallinder would be long-term, Greene is a rental.

Hate to say it, but I think the deal is even worth giving up seto for, i.e.

Seto + Huskins + 1st for Tallinder + Greene.

New Sharks pairings
Boyle-Murray
Greene-Vlasic (Vlasic now paired up with a PMD)
Tallinder-Demers
#7 Wallin
If Lou Lamoriello can land Setoguchi and a 1st for Tallinder, who has 3 years left on his term and Greene... Lou would be insane if he didn't take this deal.

Quote:

and to NJD howabout:

To SJ:
Greene
Langenbrunner

To NJD:
Huskins
Setoguchi
1rst round pick 11
Sold. Two pending UFA's Vs a 1st and a guy that can play on our top 6... yes please

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 09:06 AM
GameSeven
ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς

Quote:
Seto + Huskins + 1st for Tallinder + Greene
Quote:
To SJ:
Greene
Langenbrunner

To NJD:
Huskins
Setoguchi
1rst round pick 11
I would do either of these deals from a Devils POV.

GameSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 10:30 AM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

Would love to see what my other fellow Sharks fans think of Seto + Huskins + 1st for Tallinder + Greene.

Devils fans are on board, I think it's a great deal. Losing Seto and 1st sucks, yes, but we get Tallinder for 3 more seasons and for this season we really shore up our blueline with Tallinder and Greene, who is a mobile PMD.

This kind of move gives us a top 6 d corps that is good now and will be good for the next couple of years because the core will still be around for a while: Boyle, Tallinder, Vlasic, Demers.

Old
01-06-2011, 10:39 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Would love to see what my other fellow Sharks fans think of Seto + Huskins + 1st for Tallinder + Greene.

Devils fans are on board, I think it's a great deal. Losing Seto and 1st sucks, yes, but we get Tallinder for 3 more seasons and for this season we really shore up our blueline with Tallinder and Greene, who is a mobile PMD.

This kind of move gives us a top 6 d corps that is good now and will be good for the next couple of years because the core will still be around for a while: Boyle, Tallinder, Vlasic, Demers.
You should make a proposal on your board

If Greene likes playing in SJ, wich I'm certain he would, he can be resigned as a 3rd pairing PMD for something like 1.5M$ per. That's a good deal for you guys if you can lock AG as your 3rd pairing guy.

If we can land Setoguchi to replace Langenbrunner on our right side AND land another 1st round pick since we gave away our 2nd rounder in the Arnott deal and the league took our 3rd for the IK saga this summer... Lou has to be all over this, if it is on the table of course.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 12:09 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Sorry i didnt mean to sound harsh or to sound like a jerk. I just dont believe its a good proposal for the rangers. Girardi and Rosie are argueably the 2nd and 3rd best defensemen on the rangers. If they are traded who steps in for them? Mcdonaugh and Valentenko arent ready for top 4 minutes, and the rangers right now are a growing team.

Secondly, Girardi and Rosie are worth more than just a 1st round pick, especially it going to be a late round pick in a draft that isnt very strong outside of the top 10 picks. Id want a substantially larger offer for both of them.

I understand we would gain tons of capspace but Richards isnt a give in for anything and the list of UFA's this year on defense arent that amazing that i would break the bank on them. Plus after next year, drury, rosie, and avery come off the books i believe thats about 16million that will be freed up with UFA's that are much more what we are looking for.
I didn't take it personally.
You have a free speech right to say you thought the post was ridiculous, and as long as I don't consider your overture malicious, I'll defend your right to your opinion, even if I consider it wrong.
No apology is necessary, though I appreciate the gesture.

However, you do have the responsibility to stand by and support your convictions, whether they disagree with my position(s) or suggest something different....

Accordingly, relative to this particular post....

Old
01-06-2011, 12:14 PM
hockeyball

Quote:

We don't need Greene, we have Demers and Braun behind him. Our 3rd pairing is not an issue. Tallinder is reasonable for our top-4, but I don't think he's a big enough difference maker, so why waste assets? I don't see us any more likely to win the cup after this deal than before.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 12:18 PM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
We don't need Greene, we have Demers and Braun behind him. Our 3rd pairing is not an issue. Tallinder is reasonable for our top-4, but I don't think he's a big enough difference maker, so why waste assets? I don't see us any more likely to win the cup after this deal than before.
Current dpairings:

Boyle-Murray
Vlasic-Demers
Huskins-Wallin

New with that deal:

Boyle-Tallinder
Greene-Vlasic
Demers-Murray
#7 Wallin

I'm sorry but that's a night and day difference. That's an average D corps to a SC finalist D Corps. It's not just a change to the third pairing, it's a significant upgrade to the entire defensive unit.

and Boyle, Tallinder, Vlasic and Demers are top 4 going forward for several years. If you can resign Greene it's icing on the cake.

IMHO, this does give the Sharks a legitimate Stanley Cup contending defense for this season and future seasons, all for Seto who isn't in our top 6 anymore, Huskins who is garbage, and a 1st which is okay to give up since Tallinder is signed for 3 more seasons.

Old
01-06-2011, 12:43 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
WOW, please stop with the ridiculous post. First off Rosie by himself can net a bottom 1st round pick, but the Sharks dont have the cap space to take rosie off our hands. Rosie is a solid 2 way defenseman who is a #2-4 defenseman. No need to just give him away.

Stop with the Girardi trade proposals. I dont know why you want to get rid of him for nothing. Hes young, plays in all situations and is solid in every aspect of the game. No way does ANY Rangers fan ever want this trade to go down. the sharks if they can find a way to deal with the cap hit would take this and run away laughing.

Id love for you to put this on the rangers board and see what kind of responses you would get. Your out of your mind to want to give up two very good defensman for basically a pick in the late 20's. Besides we dont have any defenseman who can come in and take their minutes. I have no issue of dealing rosie for the 1st and a player going into his UFA like Huskins or something but this is just a terrible proposal
My reply is as follows:
"WOW, please stop with the ridiculous post."
Your opinion, I disagree

"First off Rosie by himself can net a bottom 1st round pick, but the Sharks dont have the cap space to take rosie off our hands. Rosie is a solid 2 way defenseman who is a #2-4 defenseman. No need to just give him away."

I think we disagree slightly, but we are in the same ballpark. I think my evaluation of Rozsival is accurate and trade value more reasonable, but that doesn't mean we, like any other club, don't exploit an opportunity to command a little more if there is an injury or some other factor at work.
Roszi is not a solid 2 way D [that is basically Girardi, who is solid on O and great on D]. Roszi is marginal on O, but that's ok because he doesn't hog the puck and gets it to more talented shooters (even though he's not really a playmaker). He is superior on D, nominally adequate on physical play, but exceptional on stickhandling and shot blocking. He's eliminated his bad habit of last year, with one blunder per game, returning to the form of the prior year.
This is a solid #2 pick. A team desperate will pay a #1; he's not an automatic #1; he's good enough to command a #1 with an added pick or other asset. If you need to dump salary, quickly, you discount him to a #3 pick +.

"Stop with the Girardi trade proposals. I dont know why you want to get rid of him for nothing. Hes young, plays in all situations and is solid in every aspect of the game. No way does ANY Rangers fan ever want this trade to go down. the sharks if they can find a way to deal with the cap hit would take this and run away laughing."

I reject your conclusion "for nothing".
If keeping him were possible and other options were easy, I'd do that; such is not the case.
If we want to get to the next level, we need to make a hard choices, and a Girardi may have to be sacrificed, directly or indirectly, as part of that equation. And it is a hard choice; Girardi is better than Rozi, so you bump up my trade estimate a whole grade.

Do we have alternatives? That is the difficult question masking a hard choice.
I think M.Staal, Anisimov + Callahan + Krieder are the core; I have to be super overwhelmed to part with them.
A notch below: Dubi Gaborik MDZ; I merely have to be overwhelmed.
The next group is most of the current team, and our best prospects: here, I may or may not be looking to deal, but I will only deal if there's a profit.
Then there are the expendables.
If you're going to cut salary to reposition for better cap options, who, realistically can you move?

"Id love for you to put this on the rangers board and see what kind of responses you would get. Your out of your mind to want to give up two very good defensman for basically a pick in the late 20's. Besides we dont have any defenseman who can come in and take their minutes. I have no issue of dealing rosie for the 1st and a player going into his UFA like Huskins or something but this is just a terrible proposal"[/QUOTE]

I'm receptive to doing this in two bites, Rozi or Girardi, not both.
However, if you want an option on a guy like Richards next year AND have cap room for NYR UFA/RFA, you need to do something like this.
Barring a miracle of a retirement or injury or something unusual, we are stuck with some of our cap; we can chip away at it. But we still need a big move for big results.
While not quite the Louisiana Purchase, this is the kind of temporary offer that would be an inducement to a team like SJS to pay the price to make some amount of cap space to do this deal.

Your concerns are valid. It IS a gamble.
But I think it is one worth taking, and if we go through five or six guys instead of just two, we'll get by, supplemented by whatever waiver deal usually turns up (or possibly a Kaberle rental/deal if the price is right). It will be good to give our guys the experience and see what they got. It might be too much to ask 1 or 2 guys who are rookies for a whole season, but it arguably is not unthinkable with five or six possible call ups who only have to get you through the balance of the season.

Thanks for the constructive comments...

Old
01-06-2011, 12:49 PM
JackBauer

chris phillips for 1st and Petricki/Mcginn/Doherty/Joslin

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 12:49 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Id love for you to put this on the rangers board and see what kind of responses you would get. ...
Feel free to do so. I only don't do it myself as I barely have time to post on this board, let alone two. Just quote me, get back to me, and I'll look forward to all comments good and bad. My only insistence is that I be quoted accurately, and not taken out of context.

Old
01-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Quote:
I have been advocating, to make cap room down the road, NYR send you Girardi + Rozsival for SJ #1. While not universally acclaimed this was well received, the problem being how you guys dump enough salary to make that happen.

NYR could take back some salary, but would like to hear your updated thoughts on this proposal and how to make it happen cap wise. ........
No, we won't. Why are you constantly trying to trade Girardi? Just stop already.

Alvvays is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 01:25 PM
hockeyball

Quote:

New with that deal:

Boyle-Tallinder
Greene-Vlasic
Demers-Murray
#7 Wallin

I'm sorry but that's a night and day difference. That's an average D corps to a SC finalist D Corps. It's not just a change to the third pairing, it's a significant upgrade to the entire defensive unit.

and Boyle, Tallinder, Vlasic and Demers are top 4 going forward for several years. If you can resign Greene it's icing on the cake.

IMHO, this does give the Sharks a legitimate Stanley Cup contending defense for this season and future seasons, all for Seto who isn't in our top 6 anymore, Huskins who is garbage, and a 1st which is okay to give up since Tallinder is signed for 3 more seasons.
Greene is not a top-4 defensemen. He is similar to Huskins with a slight leaning towards offense instead of defense. Would you pair Huskins with Vlasic? Vlasic needs a confident and consistent player on his pairing. Greene does not improve this team in anyway. He is at best a lateral move from whoever he replaces (except Wallin, who we can't get rid of anyway).

Tallinder is a defensive defensemen. The only real option is to pair him with Boyle. That leaves us pairing Vlasic with either Murray, or Demers, neither being ideal. It also leaves us with a third pairing of Greene and Wallin,and benching Demers.

Your giving up a great, cheap,asset in Seto and our 1st for a marginal improvement in defensive ability (and probably a reduction of offensive ability) on our defensive core. Your stealing from Peter to pay Paul basically. I see this trade as at best a lateral move and at worst a net loss for the team as a whole.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
I didn't take it personally.
You have a free speech right to say you thought the post was ridiculous, and as long as I don't consider your overture malicious, I'll defend your right to your opinion, even if I consider it wrong.
No apology is necessary, though I appreciate the gesture.

However, you do have the responsibility to stand by and support your convictions, whether they disagree with my position(s) or suggest something different....

Accordingly, relative to this particular post....
It's getting too mature on the Trade Rumors Board

01-06-2011, 02:49 PM
JSilvius*

Hopefully there's a rumour about Komisarek going to San Jose.

JSilvius* is offline   Reply With Quote