HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you believe?

Old
01-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

vCash: 50
See my avatar. It says all.

Zaide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
I believe
We have a great mix of experience and youth.

Lars The GOAT Eller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
This team is even better than last year's.

We're currently in a slump but we will challenge Boston for the division soon enough.

We're starting to score more and more goals (thanks to the Wiz). Once the defense (still third in GA btw) and the goalie go back to their usual form, we will be hard to play against.

Yes, I would prefer more size but we're fast and skilled so can't ask for more.

Nicko999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Wasn't it you who suggested moving him to the Gomez line in order to try and get two lines going? That Gomez needed competent wingers and if only for a few games it would be unlikely to hinder AK's success if he didn't click with him. Maybe I have you mixed up.
No you did not mix me up and I was all for it. What did happen though, is that AK was used for one game (at the most, but I'm tempted to say it wasn't even for a full game) with Gomez and Gionta. Martin quickly moved Gionta up to play with Plek and Cammy. AK was left with Gomez and Moen.
This was not what I had suggested.

Putting AK on a line with a scrapper would never have been backed up by me. Having a bottom six player with very little-to-none offensive upside is not something I'd endorsed, not even if the center is Crosby.

So you are partly right. I was all for giving AK-Gomez-Gionta a try because, as I said, Gomez needed two skilled wingers to make things happen. I didn't mind trying it out, but I did not want Moen anywhere near AK, or our first line for that matter. I was saying this considering Pouliot would be placed on the Plek line.

I have little doubt AK-Gomez-Gionta would be a good line. Gionta plays like a PF although small and AK would be the perimeter shooter. It's pretty much the same as when we placed Gomez-Cammy-Gionta together last year and they were great. I do feel Cammy puts himself in better shooting positions, but AK has more creativity and is a better passer. So, I think it would have worked. Alas, it's too late now. MaxPac is a good fit, the Gomez line is producing at a top line pace while the Plek line has dropped down to 2nd line numbers.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:04 PM
JayBee*

Nope

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:08 PM
blarneylad

I don't really mind our roster, or our core group.

What I do mind is Martin and his system. It does not promote the habs speed and skill. I don't mind defensive systems, but I don't like Martin's. Hitchock would be a better defensive minded coach IMO, but alas, he is not french.

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:12 PM
sukimono

there can be miracles, whennnnn youuu belieeeeEeeeEeEEeeveeeeeeee

Not with this team though

sukimono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Habs13

I believe in the team but for the most part, not the players. I dislike more than I like now and I'm looking to the future and trying not to get too hung-up on the present.

Price, Eller, Pacioretty, Pouliot, Subban, Weber, Wizniewski (sp??) and Georges are the only players I like on the current squad. As well as White, Conboy, Schultz, Leblanc, Dumont, Tinordi, Maxwell, Nattinen and Nash. (Alex Henry too, but he'll probably never be a regular on the big club)

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Believe in the players, not in the management in the slightest.

Don't know what we can do with Martin at the helm, save for another Halakian hot goalie in the playoffs.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Shabutie

I believe that Hockey (like most sports) is unpredictable.

However, I have my doubts, like other habs fans.

1) Price's focus/puck tracking/battle seems to have disappeared in the month of December. Can he comeback?

2) Cammalleri, will he put it together like he did last playoffs?

3) Spacek, will he stop sucking?

4) Gomez, will he keep his **** together?

5) Gauthier, will he get us another big top 6 forward (Malone, Penner, etc)?

If these are all answered yes, then I think we'll go very far.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:41 PM
CanadienErrant*

Only Carolina frightens me. The rest won't catch up.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
Believe in the players, not in the management in the slightest.

Don't know what we can do with Martin at the helm, save for another Halakian hot goalie in the playoffs.
Man... I'm tired of this ****ing excuse. Martin was able to do it with the Sens and he can do it here...yes his style is boring but it works if the players follow him. For the hell of it look at Lalime's stats in the playoffs...

Halak was out-of-this world for a few games, but Jacques' system (when followed) can make goalies look better than they are. Why? Cuz the team keeps shots to the outside, clear rebounds. Once the team stopped playing his system or was unable to (flyers) what happened to Halak?

Old
01-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Man... I'm tired of this ****ing excuse. Martin was able to do it with the Sens and he can do it here...yes his style is boring but it works if the players follow him. For the hell of it look at Lalime's stats in the playoffs...

Halak was out-of-this world for a few games, but Jacques' system (when followed) can make goalies look better than they are. Why? Cuz the team keeps shots to the outside, clear rebounds. Once the team stopped playing his system or was unable to (flyers) what happened to Halak?
Okay? So we'll say his system makes goalies look good and all that. He's been to the playoffs what, like 12 times I think? He hasn't ever been to the SCF and and he's only been to the conference finals twice.

Don't mistake this as a "LOOK AT THIS **** THIS ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH" type of post, but you can't really justify acting like his system is great and proven.

Since it's debatable and we don't really know the whole truth, I won't get into anything else about his system and how players react to it but I hate it and I really wish we'd have a different type of coach.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
Okay? So we'll say his system makes goalies look good and all that. He's been to the playoffs what, like 12 times I think? He hasn't ever been to the SCF and and he's only been to the conference finals twice.

Don't mistake this as a "LOOK AT THIS **** THIS ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH" type of post, but you can't really justify acting like his system is great and proven.

Since it's debatable and we don't really know the whole truth, I won't get into anything else about his system and how players react to it but I hate it and I really wish we'd have a different type of coach.
He hasnt made the scf eh? Basically coaching isnt our biggest problem. With a few more tools we could go far with Jacques.

Old
01-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I gotta say, you left me scratching my head.

You believe in our team and feel we could be yet again the dark horse, but then say we shouldn't be buyers??..How does this make sense?..

You say you're content with AK because you lowered your expectations, well, that's great and all, but he's still having a disappointing year. I'm not blaming him for it though, I think Martin screwed him up (and still does). When you have a fragile player performing well, it's probably not the best idea to demote him on the 2nd line with a struggling center and a scrapper.

We need to make certain adjustments because the optimal goal here is not to be the dark horse, but the favorite.

I believe this was the turning point in our season going from promising and bright to barely holding on in the playoff race.

That and the mishandling of Subban in the 3 game demotion etc.

JM has made some mindboggling decisions so far this season.

Playing Moen on Gomez wing for so long was just out right stupid.

Heck I just talked myself into wanting Martin Fired now not after the season. LOL

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote