HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

TFP has the following Oilers as possible trade bait.

Old
01-05-2011, 03:24 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
TFP has the following Oilers as possible trade bait.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade...p25/index.html

The Fourth Period has 3 Oilers as possible trade bait at the deadline with the following teams interested:
Hemsky: NYR & CLB; which other teams might be interested and who could we get:

Penner: COL, LA, Montreal, NAS, CAR; which other teams might be interested and what could we get:

Vandermeer: CLB, CAR, LA; which other teams might be interested and what could we get.

Penner and Hemsky we are not going to give away for nothing, especially Hemsky.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:32 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade...p25/index.html

The Fourth Period has 3 Oilers as possible trade bait at the deadline with the following teams interested:
Hemsky: NYR & CLB; which other teams might be interested and who could we get:

Penner: COL, LA, Montreal, NAS, CAR; which other teams might be interested and what could we get:

Vandermeer: CLB, CAR, LA; which other teams might be interested and what could we get.

Penner and Hemsky we are not going to give away for nothing, especially Hemsky.
Keeping in mind that the Oilers top needs are a number one (or good 2) center who has size, and top 4 defensemen, or prospects who could end up being one.

For Vandermeer, I'll take anything. A late pick.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:34 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I definitely think Hemsky could be dealt if the return was high.

Apparently the Oilers were offering Hemsky+ for the #2 pick (Seguin) at the draft.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:35 PM
andreb888

How reliable is TFP, they have Chris Phillips down as a Washington Capital so im not really sure what to think of this

andreb888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:35 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
I definitely think Hemsky could be dealt if the return was high.

Apparently the Oilers were offering Hemsky+ for the #2 pick (Seguin) at the draft.
I heard that also but before someone else brings it up Eberle was not involved in that.

Old
01-05-2011, 03:37 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Why would the Rangers be interested in Hemsky($4.1M cap/$5M salary next season) when they have $7.5M invested in Gaborik and it will take $4M to re-sign Callahan this season? Gabby and Callahan are RWers. The Rangers need a center and not another right winger.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:40 PM
GDU

doubt hemsky gets traded, unless its massive overpayment, penner i could see, the oilers have guys like curtis hamilton, and teemu h. as big bodies who could possibly replace penner's production and size...

a good d prospect and a pick, or something to that effect, maybe a decent centre prospect would nice

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:42 PM
caley

The most likely Oilers to move, IMHO of course

-Zach Stortini, RW: Good energy line player and fighter. About to be a RFA. Might be worth a late pick or middling prospect. RFA this summer.

-Jim Vandemeer, D: Had a nightmarish start to the season but has settled in as a solid bottom pairing d-man. Would be great added depth for a playoff team. A mid-range pick seems about right. UFA this summer.

-Alexandre Giroux, C: One of the best snipers in the AHL, is not happy about the Oilers treatment of him this season. Teams looking for a bargain addition for their power-play and fourth line could come calling. UFA this summer.

-Jeff Deslauriers, G: Could have been had off waivers this year, but if you're going into the playoffs with injury-prone goaltending tandem, such as Dallas, it might not hurt to have a third goalie with NHL experience in the system for the rest of the season. UFA this summer.

-Ryan Jones, LW: Oilers seem to be very fond of him, the only reason I have him here is he's an impending UFA.

-Andrew Cogliano, C: Getting a shot on the Oilers top line right now, but he's an impending RFA and the Oilers have to start making space for the likes of Omark, Reddox and O'Marra, as well as incoming players like Curtis Hamilton and Anton Lander.

-Gilbert Brule, C: Looked great moved back to center last night and the Oil may try to move him when he has more value.

-J.F. Jacques, LW: Big and hits like a freight train but has no offence to speak of. He's an impending RFA and the Oilers may decide to cut ties with him now.

-Tom Gilbert, D: Has regressed badly in the last season or two and has a high salary ($4), but nothing is impossible, seeing as Glen Sather moved Ales Kotalik last year.

IMO, the big guys like Hemsky and Penner are unlikely to be moved this season. Maybe if someone blows them away with an offer they'd consider it, but it's more likely to happen next season.

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:43 PM
rockinghockey

I can see Penner getting traded at the deadline also. It stated that Edm has received plenty of interest in Penner so I would like to see him get traded as I don't see him in our future. He will help out teams as he is so strong on the puck.

Old
01-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

I would love Hemsky to be traded to the Canucks, but that dream would never come to fruition. But a guy can dream.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:46 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post

-Zach Stortini, RW: Good energy line player and fighter. About to be a RFA. Might be worth a late pick or middling prospect. RFA this summer.

-Jim Vandemeer, D: Had a nightmarish start to the season but has settled in as a solid bottom pairing d-man. Would be great added depth for a playoff team. A mid-range pick seems about right. UFA this summer.

-Alexandre Giroux, C: One of the best snipers in the AHL, is not happy about the Oilers treatment of him this season. Teams looking for a bargain addition for their power-play and fourth line could come calling. UFA this summer.

-Jeff Deslauriers, G: Could have been had off waivers this year, but if you're going into the playoffs with injury-prone goaltending tandem, such as Dallas, it might not hurt to have a third goalie with NHL experience in the system for the rest of the season. UFA this summer.

-Ryan Jones, LW: Oilers seem to be very fond of him, the only reason I have him here is he's an impending UFA.

-Andrew Cogliano, C: Getting a shot on the Oilers top line right now, but he's an impending RFA and the Oilers have to start making space for the likes of Omark, Reddox and O'Marra, as well as incoming players like Curtis Hamilton and Anton Lander.

-Gilbert Brule, C: Looked great moved back to center last night and the Oil may try to move him when he has more value.

-J.F. Jacques, LW: Big and hits like a freight train but has no offence to speak of. He's an impending RFA and the Oilers may decide to cut ties with him now.

-Tom Gilbert, D: Has regressed badly in the last season or two and has a high salary ($4), but nothing is impossible, seeing as Glen Sather moved Ales Kotalik last year.

IMO, the big guys like Hemsky and Penner are unlikely to be moved this season. Maybe if someone blows them away with an offer they'd consider it, but it's more likely to happen next season.
I do agree with all of your points. I would not trade Brule away at this time. I would give him some time at centre and see how it goes. We have to stop giving Cogs more centreman time than Brule.

Old
01-05-2011, 03:47 PM
PuckInTheNards

Would love Penner in Minnesota and we have some defensemen to offer.

PuckInTheNards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:49 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Awesome View Post
I would love Hemsky to be traded to the Canucks, but that dream would never come to fruition. But a guy can dream.
Vancouver doesn't have the prospects to get Hemsky as Hodgson is too small and gets injured too much. Schroeder is also too small and will not be a no.1 centreman that we would be looking for.

Old
01-05-2011, 03:51 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckInTheNards View Post
What would you offer for him.

Old
01-05-2011, 03:56 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
I really can't see how Vandermeer would be in the list with Penner and Hemsky?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:57 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckInTheNards View Post
For starters, no interest in Cam Barker. At all, lol. And I know Burns won't be on the market. Who did you have in mind?

Old
01-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Vancouver doesn't have the prospects to get Hemsky as Hodgson is too small and gets injured too much. Schroeder is also too small and will not be a no.1 centreman that we would be looking for.
I think Oilers management would love to have Hodgson his health issues are blown out of proportion. However being Vancouver it would take overpayment to get him. Plus I avoided making a proposal just so it would not over take the thread.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Beerfish

Quote:

Gilbert is the only guy out of that group that would fetch anything of note in return. Possibly Cogliano as well. Most of the rest are JAGs of which every team has plenty. (And yes I'm an Oiler fan.)

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 04:03 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Why would the Rangers be interested in Hemsky($4.1M cap/$5M salary next season) when they have $7.5M invested in Gaborik and it will take $4M to re-sign Callahan this season? Gabby and Callahan are RWers. The Rangers need a center and not another right winger.
Callahan? 4 m? I doubt that.

And, while I wouldn't give up the moon to get Hemsky, he's a playmaker, something the Rangers desperately need. Our RW depth would be among the league's best, as well.

And you act as if Hemsky's contract is a bad thing. He's on a beautiful contract.

01-05-2011, 04:03 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Gilbert is the only guy out of that group that would fetch anything of note in return. Possibly Cogliano as well. Most of the rest are JAGs of which every team has plenty. (And yes I'm an Oiler fan.)
Picks and prospects is what I would figure for most of the lot, which is what the Oilers should be stockpiling.

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 04:04 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Jones might get us something decent too (3rd round pick), but I would prefer the Oil to offer him a 2 year extension (no more than a million per). Aside from him, I agree, nobody of value to help with a playoff run.

Old
01-05-2011, 04:06 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Picks and prospects is what I would figure for most of the lot, which is what the Oilers should be stockpiling.
Giroux, JDD, Stortini and Jacques will get no interest at all, even for a 7th rounder. Vandermeer might get us a very, very late pick.

Old
01-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Agreed on that point. Now if Sutter was only still the GM of the Flames....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Giroux, JDD, Stortini and Jacques will get no interest at all, even for a 7th rounder. Vandermeer might get us a very, very late pick.
Stortini would get some interest out of that list. He has more value than some oiler fans think in my mind. I agree about the rest of your judgments though.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Jamin

no idea if that source is legit but it seems like penner is getting the most attention; however, according to hf he is a lazy pile of crap, maybe the other gm's and people watching edmonton games see something else?

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Marshall
The OMalley Sellouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreb888 View Post
How reliable is TFP
They're not. They just look good in comparison to a certain rumor-starting blogger.

Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote