HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gilbert Brule

Old
01-05-2011, 11:08 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
i don't see a fit for Brule in Vancouver at all. i like him as a player, but there's just no room for him there.

as a strictly 'value of' exercise though, i'd say Shirokov+ is in the right ballpark.

IMO, aside from team needs and organizational depth concerns, like the Canucks needing solid defensive prospects far more than they need a top-6 tweener like Brule... Sauve is still worth more than Brule. Sauve's value is probably at a major low right now as he's struggled to climb back into a lineup...

but he was hit by a car this summer and and spent a good chunk of time dealing with concussion issues. that sort of thing tends to derail progress a bit. he's just recently managed to get into a couple games with the Moose. it might take him a little while to get fully up to speed, as everyone else has a pretty significant headstart on him...but once he does, i'm sure he'll start to show off his true value again.

and i'd say a projected top-4 d-man with size, decent mobility, and a great shot, is worth more than a slightly older, top-6 tweener like Brule.
Brule is still good buddy, he would only thrive in a Canucks jersey.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Boondock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakOil View Post
Connauton and a 5th?
Connauton is the Canucks only defensive prospect with a good shot at the NHL, so I doubt he is available for anything other then an upgrade

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 02:49 AM
Clownpipe*
Whitney Smash!

I would definitely trade him for a 2nd at some point, but I wouldn't be interested in any reject players from the Nucks, Habs, or whoever. Just a pick. Brule's been a disappointment imo, but I would probably wait until his final contract year to do it. For the time being, he's a warm body that we could probably use to run out the season. He won't win us games, so our pick should be unaffected. Let him have one more shot next year and then drop him for w/e if he doesn't impress. I could drop Cogs and Brule in a minute, but for the time being, they serve some purpose just suiting up.

Clownpipe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 03:19 AM
PeakOil
Loyal To The Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
Connauton is the Canucks only defensive prospect with a good shot at the NHL, so I doubt he is available for anything other then an upgrade
Ya I saw him in the rookie games and a bit of pre-season, he's got a lot of potential.

PeakOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeakOil View Post
Ya I saw him in the rookie games and a bit of pre-season, he's got a lot of potential.
yeah he has looked like a solid pick that's for sure, big body (but not overly physical), skates well, will be an average 5 on 5 defender, but his bread and butter is his point shot on the PP. I think he will develop into an Ehrhoff type defense man.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 12:28 PM
zeus3007*

I would trade him for a veteran penalty killer/face off guy. A Marty Reasoner type. It fills a need, and those guys are often cheap.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
To the Canucks?

I don't think EDM would trade Brule to Vancouver because Tambo knows he'd shred our team apart physically. Unless your overpaying.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote