HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jurcina extended for one season

Old
01-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
Parenteau = Randy Robitalle
Yep, more or less. It's like there's no way this guy doesn't end his career with a few seasons in Switzerland and Germany.

As for Jurcina, I think we saw last night that he's simply a 3rd pairing Dman, not that that's a bad thing.

Getting 20+ minutes was already overstrenuating for him.

Hope Mottau and Eaton don't become scrapheap guys who's hips bring them down to a level of Witt-like NHL inability.

As for next season, I think the team re-ups Hillen and lets Gervais walk.

Heck, I'd also think it'd be wise from a depth perspective to re-up Kohn, who is going through a lost season right now (long-term injury).

I'd hate to see Marty simply walk or even just head over to Russia or Switzerland or something like that (which are options for him).

Hopefully he's back in the line-up and letting everyone know why we love having him in a depth role.

Unfortunately, we as Islander fans simply have to realize that our general injury experiences demand Snow to have 8 or 9 NHL Dmen and then another 4 in the minors who he'd have no hesitation calling up on a whim.

No doubt though that next season's D story is about the continued development of Andy Mac and Hamonic, the introduction of de Haan and seeing what we've got in Wishart, who we'll surely also see at some point this season.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote