HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CKAC anouncers rating

Old
01-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Benzaza

vCash: 500
Michel Villeneuve acts like a pompeous fracking jerk...he might be a nice guy but his ''personnage'' is despicable...he was the reason why La Zone failed....ratings were horrid. How can ratings be bad if you have the best hockey guy in quebec, Dany Dube.

if he stays as the dumb ass host in the new show on TVA Sports, that show will fail too but not right away as people will TVA Sports for some competition to l'AC on RDS.

Montreal,Quebec, Mediocracy

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Three notables for different reasons:

-Dany Dube is the Best.

He is what every hockey in Quebec should be

-Ron Fournier is the Star.
Let's face he's the entertainment of CKAC. Even if what he says is ridiculous.

-Gabriel Gregoire is Evil.
He talks and look like a 75 years old broad. Kids stop hurting yourself! What is he is doing at a Sport Show is beyond me.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 11:04 AM
gillyguzzler

Michel Langevin insisted this morning that the Habs should have resigned MAB instead of trading for Wiz. MAB! WTF?

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 11:46 AM
bigdan2002

Villeneuve is acting so overconfindent and like a jerk. Everyone seems to take what he said for granted but sometime you know that he don't know what he's talking about. Pedneault always says that Villeneuve got an incredible memories and he's always confusing thing

bigdan2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 11:55 AM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaza View Post
Michel Villeneuve acts like a pompeous fracking jerk...he might be a nice guy but his ''personnage'' is despicable...he was the reason why La Zone failed....ratings were horrid. How can ratings be bad if you have the best hockey guy in quebec, Dany Dube.

if he stays as the dumb ass host in the new show on TVA Sports, that show will fail too but not right away as people will TVA Sports for some competition to l'AC on RDS.

Montreal,Quebec, Mediocracy
i think la zone failed because it was to corporate. it was on radio canada and had no edge. villeneuve is a **** disturber and being on radio canada was a wrong casting IMO. also, i like him more as a debater as opposed to being a host.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Benzaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
i think la zone failed because it was to corporate. it was on radio canada and had no edge. villeneuve is a **** disturber and being on radio canada was a wrong casting IMO. also, i like him more as a debater as opposed to being a host.
agree on the poop distuber part..too corporate yes...and too short...radio-canada always fail..ridiculous

Old
01-06-2011, 12:31 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaza View Post
agree on the poop distuber part..too corporate yes...and too short...radio-canada always fail..ridiculous
le match doesnt look like a winner either

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 12:49 PM
CanadienErrant*

The thread title is misleading.

You can't put Dubé & Maguire in the same category than Ron Ron or Villeneuve. Some are hosting shows and hotlines, some are describing and analyzing games and players.

Overall, the CKAC analysts are pretty good - Dubé, Vercheval, Brulotte are among the best in their respective field - whatever the language. Mario Tremblay and Pednault are OK. They have some interesting insight sometimes.

Ron Fournier is a clown, an entertainer, and has become a caricature of himself. I can't listen to his show anymore. He is just "too much". He's borderline crazy, and is probably thinking that he is the King of the World because everyone knows him in Quebec - sports fans or not.

Villeneuve and Jean Chiâle are **** disturbers. They want high ratings and are ready to say anything to provoke. They are hosting the big afternoon shows. They are willing to sell their moms if they can attract attention.

I like Mario Langlois. He's intelligent and doing a fine job. Best interviewer of them all.

Langevin and Grégoire are the Mutt & Jeff or Abbott & Costello of CKAC. Big jokes.

Rainville and Thériault are fine

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Benzaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
le match doesnt look like a winner either
It looks like a copy-paste of la Zone..even the Logo is too close for confort but I do enjoy Moose and Laraque

Old
01-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Benzaza

I enjoy Leroux who covers LHJMQ...he knows his stuff and is very articulate

Old
01-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Nedved

god i am dumb. I've clicked on this thread 3 separate times thinking it's radio numbers of how many people listen to the game.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 07:39 PM
MXD

Dany Dube: 8/10

Ron Fournier: 6/10

Jeremie Filosa: 8/10

Gabriel Gregoire: 3/10

Jean-Charles Lajoie: 5/10

Michel Langevin: 6/10

Mario Langlois: 7/10

Charles Andre Marchand: 7/10

Yvon Pednault: 8/10

Jeremie Rainville: 5/10

Jaques Therriault: 5/10

Michel Villeneuve: 0/10

Martin Mcguire: 9/10

Mario Tremblay : 7.5/10

Stéphane Leroux : 8.5/10

The guy I'd give a 10/10 to is Pierre Vercheval. Best sports media guy in Quebec.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Magnum Crackoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Dany Dube: 8/10

Ron Fournier: 6/10

Jeremie Filosa: 8/10

Gabriel Gregoire: 3/10

Jean-Charles Lajoie: 5/10

Michel Langevin: 6/10

Mario Langlois: 7/10

Charles Andre Marchand: 7/10

Yvon Pednault: 8/10

Jeremie Rainville: 5/10

Jaques Therriault: 5/10

Michel Villeneuve: 0/10

Martin Mcguire: 9/10

Mario Tremblay : 7.5/10

Stéphane Leroux : 8.5/10

The guy I'd give a 10/10 to is Pierre Vercheval. Best sports media guy in Quebec.
Very good list, although I'd put Jacques Thériault a bit higher due to his boxing knowledge. Russ Anber would take the cake in this area thoug. ....and Marc Bryson doesn't know **** but I think he does his job pretty well. Martin Lemay made a crap move moving away from CKAC imo.

Magnum Crackoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 10:34 PM
XperHFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Crackoff View Post
Very good list, although I'd put Jacques Thériault a bit higher due to his boxing knowledge. Russ Anber would take the cake in this area thoug. ....and Marc Bryson doesn't know **** but I think he does his job pretty well. Martin Lemay made a crap move moving away from CKAC imo.
I agree. I really believe if he stayed a couple of more years he would have taken easily Ron's job.

XperHFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 01:59 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Crackoff View Post
I have two problems with Jacques Thérieault...
1 - Asks questions to get the answers he wants (and he should know better)
2 - His voice ANNOYS me.

Still, the guy IS interesting, but has two huge flaws...

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 01:06 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

oops.

Last edited by didjuicythat: 01-07-2011 at 01:09 PM. Reason: double post
didjuicythat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 01:08 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Dany Dubé: 9/10 - only CKAC guy I don't want to miss when he's on air

Ron Fournier: 6.5/10 - he was funny back in 2002, now he's getting on my nerves more often with time

Jeremie Filosa: 7.5/10

Gabriel Gregoire: 3/10 - giving him a 3 only because he's indeed a nice guy... other than that, he's useless on the morning show

Jean-Charles Lajoie: 2/10 - he's got a rich vocabulary and knows how to create controversy, but I can't stand him and his total lack of hockey knowledge.

Michel Langevin: 2/10 - see Lajoie, minus the vocabulary. He's clueless.

Mario Langlois: 8.5/10 - pretty solid interview guy

Charles Andre Marchand: 6.5/10 - not a fan of him, but he ain't bad by any means...

Yvon Pednault: 7/10 - I respect his point of view most of the time

Jeremie Rainville: 7/10 - he's decent too

Jaques Therriault: 6.5/10 - other than his voice, I don't have a problem with him

Michel Villeneuve: 4/10 - sigh...

Martin Mcguire: 8.5/10 - love him as the play-by-play guy, wouldn't want him to host a show however

Mario Tremblay: 7/10 - sometimes he's got good insight because of his years in Minny, other times he's just completely out of touch with the new NHL reality

Stéphane Leroux : 7/10 - this fat lard knows a lot about the Q, I'll give him that

Pierre Vercheval: 8.5/10 - near Dubé's level in terms of analyzing games "on the spot"

Derek Aucoin: 7.5/10 - his opinions on sports and life in the US are refreshing

Michel Bergeron: 4/10 - I mostly switch to something else when he or Demers is on

Bob Hartley: 7.5/10 - he and Dubé are the only segments of the morning show that I enjoy listening to...

Bernard Brisset: 7.5/10 - clever old guy with interesting opinions

Pierre Rinfret: 3/10 - he's just mostly bad

didjuicythat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Newhabfan

CKAC is victim of it's own concept. I was listening to them even before they replaced Doc Mailloux with JC Lajoie on the noon segment (was there an improvement ?)

Having a 100% sports radio,18 hours per day, with 90% of this being hockey and 85% being Habs talk is extremely difficult to manage. You need ratings, for ratings you need controversy. You hire guys capable of creating controversy (or stirring poop as others said before me).

There's also the huge public success of "110%" where many of them come from.

And the public Nordiques allegiance of many among them.

There are categories there:

The "analysts" - experts in their field: Vercheval, Dubé, Dagostino/Aucoin are great. Tremblay is trying and sometimes succeeding. So does Bob Hartley. R.I.P. Pat Burns - you were several levels above anyone else in the french hockey media.

The "ex-es who want to be considered analysts but cannot" - Bergeron, Demers, Fournier. Add HHOF Yvon to this list. He's not that bad - mostly boring.

The "poop - stirrers" - JC Lajoie and Michel Villeneuve

The "radio hosts" - Langevin, Filosa, Rainville, Bryson etc...

The "big hearted clown" - Grégoire - I cannot bring myself to hate him, even if I disagree with 90% at least of what he says. He's authentic, honest and stands by his values.

I probably missed some.

Anyway - the perfect radio host, IMO of course, is Mitch Melnick on Team 990. Guess what - he talks of a lot of things besides hockey (including boring baseball talks). I rarely find myself to disagree with him. Maybe that's why I like him. Marinaro on the other side....

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote