HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Colored Grip Tape?

Old
01-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Brizz5

vCash: 500
Colored Grip Tape?

Hey, guys, I have a quick question that's going to sound silly...

I bought some orange cloth tape to tape my grip on the top of my shaft. After I taped it up I started to think: will the tape color rub off onto the palm of my gloves, making them orange and possibly wear faster? I've never used any color tape before other than white and I never thought of this until now. I have a game Saturday and now I'm considering re-taping the grip with white. Anybody ever have an issue like this before?

I have Warrior AK27 gloves, which have white palms.

Thanks in advance.

Brizz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 09:54 PM
canuck44

It will rub off onto the palms and discolor them and since grip/cloth tape is designed to be less slick than regular stick tape it will wear the palms faster

canuck44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 01:32 AM
kr580

Send a message via AIM to kr580
The color will most likely rub off. I taped my knob with black tape once and my palms definitely got discolored. As for wear, I've heard that colored tapes have stuff that will eat thru your palms faster than white tape (the dye maybe?) Not sure if that's true.

I would always tape the knob with white cloth tape/gauze if you care about keeping your palms as nice as you can.

kr580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

One alternative is Tacki Mac rubber grips, which come in colors and won't wear your gloves down. That's what I use. They only come in a few styles so you might have to adjust to the particular "tape job".

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 12:48 PM
beth

I use plum colored tape on my stick, and yes it rubs off on my gloves. And that's how I know that they're my gloves.

beth is offline   Reply With Quote