HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brownlee's List

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2004, 07:20 AM
Lowetide

vCash: 500
Brownlee's List

Here it is, a couple of days early this year:

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Edmont...24/512057.html

Credit where its due, Brownlee had Pouliot in his "Pick me!" article last summer, and I'm pretty sure he also listed Hemsky in 2001. No one got Niinimaki in 2002.

Among the players he listed, I'd be very happy if they took any of Picard, Schremp or Stafford at 14, less thrilled with Dubnyk there.

Thoughts?

Old
06-24-2004, 07:50 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Here it is, a couple of days early this year:

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Edmont...24/512057.html

Credit where its due, Brownlee had Pouliot in his "Pick me!" article last summer, and I'm pretty sure he also listed Hemsky in 2001. No one got Niinimaki in 2002.

Among the players he listed, I'd be very happy if they took any of Picard, Schremp or Stafford at 14, less thrilled with Dubnyk there.

Thoughts?

Niinimaki is going to rank up there with the nucks taking Libor Polisak

Old
06-24-2004, 07:55 AM
theoilers

List

Usually Brownlee is correct as he'll talk with many Oilers scouts.

That bring said, Picard, Scremp or Thelen, those three would be terrific @ 14 but I have a feeling that those 3 will not be their @ 14. With Lowe saying no IIHF-NHL agreement, I can see the Radulov and Smid being their @ 14.

I hope we don't take Valibak @ 14.........I hear Atlanta and Buffalo are interested in him.

With 25 - again it depends who is their. Do they try or David Shantz or Cory Shnieder (goalies expected to go in first round)! Do they try for that "boom or bust" pick like Niinimaki is?

Should be exciting day on Saturday.

Old
06-24-2004, 08:21 AM
Rhino

Radulov

I gaurantee that if Radulov is available when the Oil pick 14th they will snap him up. You can take it to the bank.

Old
06-24-2004, 07:45 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino
I gaurantee that if Radulov is available when the Oil pick 14th they will snap him up. You can take it to the bank.
Nope. To high of a transaction fee for a small market team.

06-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoilers
Usually Brownlee is correct as he'll talk with many Oilers scouts.
Brownlee's one of, if not THE, best in the city and that's just one of the reasons why.

Not to toot my own horn, but every scout he quotes in that piece I've also talked to and then one more. HF was not planning on having 30 draft reviews with each team listing the same 15 players they have on their "wish list" so you, the HF readers, didn't get to see what the scouts told me.

Maybe one day. I have scout comments on almost everyone considered top 75 or so as well as selected sleepers. If the Oilers grab guys I've talked to them about, you'll definitely get those quotes in the draft review.

As for Brownlee's list... excellent in my opinion but as I haev been saying for months now, I would be shocked if Edmonton came home with a Russian picked at #14. European maybe, a defenceman maybe, a goalie maybe, (all of which are NOT the plan) but a Russian I highly doubt. If radulov is still there at 25 then maybe because he might be the BPA by then. At 14 he's not.

Old
06-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
As for Brownlee's list... excellent in my opinion but as I haev been saying for months now, I would be shocked if Edmonton came home with a Russian picked at #14. ...If radulov is still there at 25 then maybe because he might be the BPA by then. At 14 he's not.
Prepare to be shocked sir. Prepare to be shocked. Muahahahahahahahahahah

Old
06-25-2004, 02:01 PM
Eskie Jetski

Schremp and Thelen

Those two appear to be the ones that interest me the most from what I see in the paper, assuming Edmonton keeps #14.

These two are offensively talented, but if you had to choose one or the other, do you choose the PP QB or the all-offense center?

I would take my chances on Schremp, if both are still up for grabs. Bergeron should be given the full opportunity to contribute for the whole year, and if last years totals are an indication, he could accumulate 40 points. Edmonton has plenty of defensive prospects to take care of the backend.

P.S. I want to change my nickname, how do you do that?

Last edited by Eskie Jetski: 06-25-2004 at 02:09 PM.
Old
06-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by peskyoil
P.S. I want to change my nickname, how do you do that?
Contact "Buffaloed" who runs the boards. Just send him a PM

Old
06-28-2004, 01:04 PM
Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming
I would be shocked if Edmonton came home with a Russian picked at #14. European maybe, a defenceman maybe, a goalie maybe, (all of which are NOT the plan) but a Russian I highly doubt. If radulov is still there at 25 then maybe because he might be the BPA by then. At 14 he's not.
I guess we were both right. (you more than I). The Oil didn't pick Radulov in the 1st ...but my evaluation of his talent (ended up 15th to Nashville) was a little closer. Oh well, only time will tell.

BTW. Great job on the TEAM. I really enjoyed listening in.

Old
06-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino
I guess we were both right. (you more than I). The Oil didn't pick Radulov in the 1st ...but my evaluation of his talent (ended up 15th to Nashville) was a little closer. Oh well, only time will tell.

BTW. Great job on the TEAM. I really enjoyed listening in.
I give props to those that have the gumption to admit when their call was wrong. BRAVO.

Closed Thread