HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexei Emelin finally moving to NA?

Old
01-06-2011, 03:40 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

vCash: 500
Alexei Emelin finally moving to NA?

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...oirs-du-ch.php

Ça fait des années que l'on nous parle de l'arrivée de ce robuste défenseur. Mais il semble que ce soit plus réaliste que jamais. Pierre Gauthier a renouvelé auprès de l'agent Don Meehan son intérêt d'amener Emelin à Montréal. Emelin discute présentement avec sa famille - il est marié et a un jeune enfant - des perspectives de déménagement en Amérique du Nord en vue de la prochaine saison. On nous dit qu'Emelin voulait autant sécuriser sa position personnelle que faire mûrir son jeu avant de faire le grand saut.

Emelin a un style qui pourrait se marier peut-être davantage à la LNH qu'à la KHL, mais il demeure un défenseur fort estimé là-bas. Avec le Kazan, il joue plus de 22 minutes par match, il connaît sa meilleure saison en attaque avec 16 points en 38 matchs et pointe au cinquième rang de la KHL avec ses 95 minutes de pénalité.

Is he finally coming here? Would be SWEEEET.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Benzaza

I am so fed up of hearing about this guy....i will see it when I believe it...fracking BS this whole yemelin situation

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 03:44 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

If he actually does come, We will have a heck of a defensive core

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Teufelsdreck

Now THAT would ease PG's burden of looking for a trade. Emelin can skate, shoot, and hit.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
He's gonna come over here and head straight into JM's doghouse for some reason and he'll leave NA.

These things never work out, no matter what happens for some reason we end up completely screwed.

Hey we trade Halak and get Eller, yay a nice offensive prospect. JM rides him on the bottom lines, he does practically nothing the first 35 games, and now he's being benched. Same with Subban and it's going to be the same for every prospect who comes up to the big league.

Other teams catch big breaks, we don't.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Nedved

The annual Emelin is finally coming to NA thread.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

I will beileve it when i'll see him in a Habs jersey at the Bell Centre.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 03:55 PM
WestIslander

I don't think he is ever going to come play here so why not trade his rights for a draft pick at this point, it's getting so annoying.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Aurel Joliat

I don't like Russian players...

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 03:57 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I will beileve it when i'll see him in a Habs jersey at the Bell Centre.
Yup this.

This guy's been coming, not coming, coming, not coming, coming, not coming for years now. I've basically never seen him play, so I don't know if he's worth the hype He's 24 and drafted in 2004, how do we still have his rights 7 years later?

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I don't think he is ever going to come play here so why not trade his rights for a draft pick at this point, it's getting so annoying.
Would you consider deleting your post before more members read it? Don't you think that if he won't come over for the Habs he won't come over for another team?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

This would be amazing . Replace Gill or Hammer or even waive Spacegoat to Emelin can take his spot !

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Bullsmith

Hope springs eternal.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:15 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
He's gonna come over here and head straight into JM's doghouse for some reason and he'll leave NA.

These things never work out, no matter what happens for some reason we end up completely screwed.

Hey we trade Halak and get Eller, yay a nice offensive prospect. JM rides him on the bottom lines, he does practically nothing the first 35 games, and now he's being benched. Same with Subban and it's going to be the same for every prospect who comes up to the big league.

Other teams catch big breaks, we don't.

Probably and he will likely take Avtsin back with him since he wasn't even playing with the Bulldogs for a while there.. I thought the idea of having the Bulldogs was to play and develop young players for the Habs? So why wasn't Avtsin playing then?

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:15 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
This would be amazing . Replace Gill or Hammer or even waive Spacegoat to Emelin can take his spot !
Spacek's cap hit would still count if you waved him.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:18 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Probably and he will likely take Avtsin back with him since he wasn't even playing with the Bulldogs for a while there.. I thought the idea of having the Bulldogs was to play and develop young players for the Habs? So why wasn't Avtsin playing then?
I think he just got cleared to play, but don't know what the injury was as it hasn't been disclosed, hopefully it's not the wrist again since he's already missed time for that. I know they said he should be cleared this week but missed if he was actually cleared yet.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Mue

I get sucked in every time.

Good time for him to come over...guess we'll see.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Spacek's cap hit would still count if you waved him.
Yea i know but i am not looking at from a cap stand point i am talking overall play point . Just place Spacek in the AHL and make Emelin take his spot. He is a better player then Spacek.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:26 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I think he just got cleared to play, but don't know what the injury was as it hasn't been disclosed, hopefully it's not the wrist again since he's already missed time for that. I know they said he should be cleared this week but missed if he was actually cleared yet.
Thanks for clearing that up.. I had read somewhere in the past couple of weeks that he was a healthy scratch for 6-7 straight games which didn't make sense to me.. After all he is in Hamilton to develop and scratching him didn't make much sense..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:32 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Can someone translate?

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:34 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaza View Post
I am so fed up of hearing about this guy....i will see it when I believe it...fracking BS this whole yemelin situation
If you look back, Emelin was struggling with Ak Bars, since leaving Lada. He went from being on the WC team to not even being invited. In the last 3 years he put up 14 pts with AK Bars, he had 12 in one season with Lada as a 19 year old. So the Habs likely wouldn't give him too much money in a contract since he didn't show he earned it. But this year he's broken out from reports (career highs across the board) and after winning 3 championships in Russia, he may want to come over here and the Habs may be willing to offer a little more in the way of bouns money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Thanks for clearing that up.. I had read somewhere in the past couple of weeks that he was a healthy scratch for 6-7 straight games which didn't make sense to me.. After all he is in Hamilton to develop and scratching him didn't make much sense..
He has been a healthy scratch, so has Dumont, Schultz, Nash, etc... as when healthy the Dogs have to sit a few players. During the game last week they said Avtsin was a healthy scratch for 6 games in a row, but in the spec they said he was injured with an undisclosed injury, but should get cleared to play this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Can someone translate?
it just says he might consider to come over, will discuss it with his wife (they have a young child)

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Can he play tonight?

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:51 PM
TheBuriedHab

Get him on the next flight please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Yea i know but i am not looking at from a cap stand point i am talking overall play point . Just place Spacek in the AHL and make Emelin take his spot. He is a better player then Spacek.
Yeah uhmmmmmm having 4 million on the books not doing anything would be stupid.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

He would be a nice addition for next year. Not sure I'd count on him in the top 4 right away but in the top 7-8 guys, no problem. The timing is perfect with his contract up and KHL has just screwed Nabokov making NA look a lot more attractive.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2011, 04:56 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by samos View Post
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...oirs-du-ch.php

Ça fait des années que l'on nous parle de l'arrivée de ce robuste défenseur. Mais il semble que ce soit plus réaliste que jamais. Pierre Gauthier a renouvelé auprès de l'agent Don Meehan son intérêt d'amener Emelin à Montréal. Emelin discute présentement avec sa famille - il est marié et a un jeune enfant - des perspectives de déménagement en Amérique du Nord en vue de la prochaine saison. On nous dit qu'Emelin voulait autant sécuriser sa position personnelle que faire mûrir son jeu avant de faire le grand saut.

Emelin a un style qui pourrait se marier peut-être davantage à la LNH qu'à la KHL, mais il demeure un défenseur fort estimé là-bas. Avec le Kazan, il joue plus de 22 minutes par match, il connaît sa meilleure saison en attaque avec 16 points en 38 matchs et pointe au cinquième rang de la KHL avec ses 95 minutes de pénalité.

Is he finally coming here? Would be SWEEEET.
I will believe it when I see him in a Habs jersey next September...

The same article was saying that Rammo might sign another contract in the KHL. He is the kingpin goalie in Russia ! He won't settle for a backup role in Montreal.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote