HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boris Valabik

Closed Thread

Old
06-23-2004, 09:19 PM
NYblades

vCash: 500
Boris Valabik

From USA Today:

Quote:
First-round prospect Boris Valabik is considered to play a Zdeno Chara type of game. He's 6-6, 230 and could land anywhere in the first round from pick No. 10 to 20. ...

Old
06-23-2004, 09:21 PM
little a from da bx

ok

Old
06-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
i read that the fishticks are drooling over him and will pick him if available.

Old
06-23-2004, 09:50 PM
Prucha73

Valabik will be gone by 13th maybe will even go in the top 10.

Old
06-23-2004, 10:01 PM
NYR469

he has a huge upside (pun intended) but he really is overrated because people see his size and start drooling, i wouldn't take him before #15

Old
06-24-2004, 08:17 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
he has a huge upside (pun intended) but he really is overrated because people see his size and start drooling, i wouldn't take him before #15
They drool becuase, unlike players like Schultz or Wolski, big Boris actually uses his size. He is a nasty, nasty player and can be a dominant physical force. IF he lives up to even half his billing, VAlabik is going to be a very intimidating player to play against. I certainly hope that we can get him or Green at 24. I definetly DO NOT want to see him go to the Isles.

Old
06-24-2004, 08:28 AM
JJ68NYR

I really want Valabik big time! His size is exactly wat our Defense needs. I still think we can get Ovechkin without giving up tyutin and we have enough seconds and prospects to keep obe of our first rounders to get Valabik.

Best Scenario:

We trade Lundmark, 24th pick, second rounder, second rounder, a couple prospects which will have to include a dman for Ovechkin

Then we draft Valabik at 6. Actually no. We trade down to like 9 or ten and get 2nd rounder back and draft Valabik at that spot.

But i dont think sather could pull this off. But he has pulled numerous big deal for superstars maybe he could do for draft picks too.

Old
06-24-2004, 09:06 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
They drool becuase, unlike players like Schultz or Wolski, big Boris actually uses his size. He is a nasty, nasty player and can be a dominant physical force. IF he lives up to even half his billing, VAlabik is going to be a very intimidating player to play against. I certainly hope that we can get him or Green at 24. I definetly DO NOT want to see him go to the Isles.
I can't imagine Valabik being available with the 24th pick. Best bet would be to package the 24th pick and one of your 2nds to move up into the teens.

Old
06-24-2004, 09:20 AM
BrooklynCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR
I really want Valabik big time! His size is exactly wat our Defense needs. I still think we can get Ovechkin without giving up tyutin and we have enough seconds and prospects to keep obe of our first rounders to get Valabik.

Best Scenario:

We trade Lundmark, 24th pick, second rounder, second rounder, a couple prospects which will have to include a dman for Ovechkin

Then we draft Valabik at 6. Actually no. We trade down to like 9 or ten and get 2nd rounder back and draft Valabik at that spot.

But i dont think sather could pull this off. But he has pulled numerous big deal for superstars maybe he could do for draft picks too.
I don't think Ovechkin can be had anywhere near that cheaply.

Old
06-24-2004, 09:31 AM
Barnaby

Speaking of Valabik.... Off the top of my head i'd rather take Thelen, Green, or Meszaros. I really don't hear too much good about Valabik aside from his size. His feet are slow and his head is supposed to be slower. I'll pass...

Old
06-24-2004, 10:16 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Speaking of Valabik.... Off the top of my head i'd rather take Thelen, Green, or Meszaros. I really don't hear too much good about Valabik aside from his size. His feet are slow and his head is supposed to be slower. I'll pass...

In all fairness to Bo Val, they did say the same things about Chara. But I don't see him as a Chara, more like a mean Mike Rathje if he gets to the Pro level.

Old
06-24-2004, 10:54 AM
tukonen

vCash:
Typical TrueBlue. Another stupid comment. Wolski uses his size all the time. That's why he's so hard to move in front of the net and considered one of the best guys in this draft working the corner. Again. Typical TrueBlue

Valabik is a big, slow, poor skating, prospect. The only reason this buffoon is even rated in the first round is because Chara panned out. In reality he doesn't have much hockey still.

Closed Thread