HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ex-Habs Thread Part II(All Former Habs Players Discussed Here!)

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Prendan Brust

vCash: 500
Hopefully I'm wrong, but usually a broken hip is the begining of the end for a person of that age.

Old
02-27-2011, 10:22 AM
coolasprICE

At his age, such injuries can be fatal

get well EL

Old
02-27-2011, 10:26 AM
NHLcrazy

What a man!

Get well Mr Lach

Old
02-27-2011, 10:36 AM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
At his age, such injuries can be fatal

get well EL
At his age, living can be fatal.

Old
02-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Phousse

Markov, Gorges, Spacek and now Lach. Ugh what a season.

Old
02-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Ouch, McDonagh has the same amount of points as Gomez in the month of February.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010020932

Check out his shorthanded assist + MAB being MAB too.

Old
02-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Ouch, McDonagh has the same amount of points as Gomez in the month of February.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010020932

Check out his shorthanded assist + MAB being MAB too.
24 minutes for McDonagh....Yep, this was such a GREAT trade! But hey....I guessed it went in the "McDonagh will certainly help us right now in Wisconsin" type of sarcasm reactions...just like the "Who cares about the 2nd rounder we lost, it's not like it's going to help us win tonight" .....

Made no sense then. Didn't make sense when McDonagh reached the NHL....makes even more sense today....and will be another yet frustrated trade to deal with but hey...we can't criticise them....Though when asked what's the last deal you liked...usually people have to go back to the Rivet deal....Yet, luckily enough, Timmins was good enough to take MaxPac, he goes on and take Patrick White and it's not that much of steal as much as we love Gorges. While surprisingly enough, we lost more trades by giving players we already knew than draft picks to be chosen later....Scary type of evaluations we're having....

And should I say that EVERYBODY knew Sather HAD to get rid of Gomez. Who also had been underachieving big time the year he was traded....but we ended up giving our 2nd best d-man prospect. And we could have retained Koivu by being a little more persistant.

Old
02-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
24 minutes for McDonagh....Yep, this was such a GREAT trade! But hey....I guessed it went in the "McDonagh will certainly help us right now in Wisconsin" type of sarcasm reactions...just like the "Who cares about the 2nd rounder we lost, it's not like it's going to help us win tonight" .....

Made no sense then. Didn't make sense when McDonagh reached the NHL....makes even more sense today....and will be another yet frustrated trade to deal with but hey...we can't criticise them....Though when asked what's the last deal you liked...usually people have to go back to the Rivet deal....Yet, luckily enough, Timmins was good enough to take MaxPac, he goes on and take Patrick White and it's not that much of steal as much as we love Gorges. While surprisingly enough, we lost more trades by giving players we already knew than draft picks to be chosen later....Scary type of evaluations we're having....

And should I say that EVERYBODY knew Sather HAD to get rid of Gomez. Who also had been underachieving big time the year he was traded....but we ended up giving our 2nd best d-man prospect. And we could have retained Koivu by being a little more persistant.
Heavy majority of the board hated the trade. Sure a few people that pointed at the bright side of the deal, which there was all things considered (biggest playoff success since 93). But really, there were people disappointed even when it was released as Higgins for Gomez. When McDonagh was released to be involved the board went full emo. I remember vividly because I mod'd that day.

McDonagh isn't a bust though as a few wanted to believe. He's going to be a top 4 D for a long time and perhaps would be a perfect partner for Subban.

Old
02-27-2011, 09:34 PM
HomaridII

Mr. I am not happy with my ice time so I want out .. two straight games with 3 mins on the ice.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:10 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Mr. I am not happy with my ice time so I want out .. two straight games with 3 mins on the ice.
For once one of our players does bad after being traded... I liked Maxim but really, he should not have asked for a trade. He was waaaaay overrated here and it took to his head I guess (like it does for most francophone players here, sadly. I blame stupid RDS ).

Luckily Desharnais seems to be an intelligent and humble fellow. I'm sure he won't listen to the goofs and will keeps challenging himself even if he becomes a demi-god in order to get better instead of assuming he's a franchise first line center that needs special treatment.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:31 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post

I hope he gets it on track, he was amazing in the playoffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2PUDzsk61w

Old
02-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
La Maison de Maxim Lapierre?
Speaking of which...

Anyone knows if there's gonna be a second season of this show?

What station is it going to play on?

Last edited by Bloumeister: 03-02-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old
03-01-2011, 02:49 AM
David71

canucks fan here. what are your guys' impression of him when he was with the canadiens? did he take alot of penalties? did he play a key role in the habs upset elimnations of the penguins/captials last year?

Old
03-01-2011, 03:35 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
canucks fan here. what are your guys' impression of him when he was with the canadiens? did he take alot of penalties? did he play a key role in the habs upset elimnations of the penguins/captials last year?
He played really well in the playoffs for us. He doesn't really take to many penalties if I remember, only ones i recall were the diving calls. Hes an Agitator, is best on a hard forechecking team.

Old
03-01-2011, 06:53 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
He has some potential upside as a 3rd line centre. I think with the right linemates, he could get 10-15 goals every year. He is a hard worker, somewhat consistent.

But he wasn't nearly as good this year as he was last year. But I think if you guys are planning on using him in a 4th line role, he'll be more than competent at that. For 6-8 mins a game, he'll hustle out there and get in the face of the opposition. I think in a 4th line role, he can chip in 5-8 goals over a season and they won't be when the score is 6-2 in your favour, they will be when you are down or even.

Old
03-02-2011, 03:04 AM
David71

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
He has some potential upside as a 3rd line centre. I think with the right linemates, he could get 10-15 goals every year. He is a hard worker, somewhat consistent.

But he wasn't nearly as good this year as he was last year. But I think if you guys are planning on using him in a 4th line role, he'll be more than competent at that. For 6-8 mins a game, he'll hustle out there and get in the face of the opposition. I think in a 4th line role, he can chip in 5-8 goals over a season and they won't be when the score is 6-2 in your favour, they will be when you are down or even.
looking at highlights of him fighting.

Old
03-02-2011, 06:11 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
looking at highlights of him fighting.
That has been one of the knocks against him for years, that he chirps but doesn't back it up.

Old
03-02-2011, 07:55 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

M. Lapierre
ES 5:18
PP 0:00
PK 0:23
TOI 5:41

It's getting better. He had 3 minutes in the last two games in Anaheim.

Old
03-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
M. Lapierre

poor him, he complained about ice time and has never played more since leaving Montreal, so long Max!

Old
03-02-2011, 08:08 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

When Higgins will join the team, it looks like Lapierre will be the odd man out.

Old
03-02-2011, 08:15 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
When Higgins will join the team, it looks like Lapierre will be the odd man out.
How do you figure this?

Old
03-02-2011, 08:17 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
M. Lapierre

Seriously, this guy is proof that the grass is not always greener on the other side and that you should know your role. It is one thing to be a talented guy like Latendresse, SK, Ribeiro and not be getting your shot consistently at PP time, first two line minutes, etc.. Another thing altogether to be a grinder and be demanding more ice time. He is to blame for what he is going through right now. Like Gagnon said the other day on the radio, this is now his third team in a year, his ice time has gone to 3-5 minutes a game, next step is career AHLer buddy.

Old
03-02-2011, 08:18 AM
saints96

Quote:
Lappy will not play in the NHL next year, mark my word. He shoulda just shut his big trap, played his role as a 3rd line grinder/pest and played the way he played in the playoffs and mtl woulda offered him another contract for sure. Because he thinks he can fill the role as a second line center, a more offenseive role, he will end up having nothing, Lappy in europe next year?

Old
03-02-2011, 08:22 AM
LyricalLyricist

Not sure where the hate for lapierre comes from. Most guys want to be top 6 forwards in the NHL and not 4th line grinders. Because a guy left his hometown to pursue an opportunity to prove himself(while unsuccessful) does that make him a bad guy? Not really. Either way, lapierre WILL be in the NHL next year, not as a top 6 forward of course, but not sure why people suggest he's done.

Old
03-02-2011, 08:26 AM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Not sure where the hate for lapierre comes from. Most guys want to be top 6 forwards in the NHL and not 4th line grinders. Because a guy left his hometown to pursue an opportunity to prove himself(while unsuccessful) does that make him a bad guy? Not really. Either way, lapierre WILL be in the NHL next year, not as a top 6 forward of course, but not sure why people suggest he's done.
because he is just not a top 6 guy, and this season, when not playing top 6 minutes, his desire to play is nonexistant and will result in no contract. Thats what i see happening, i may be right i may be wrong, and its a shame cuz i loved Lappy, when he was playing his actual role. He was so electrifying in the playoffs he had me out of my seat on many occasions. I in no way hate Lappy, but he's on a slippery slop IMO.

Closed Thread