HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Richards: No negotiating yet w/Stars.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2011, 03:22 PM
  #1
SOKOL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 731
vCash: 500
Richards: No negotiating yet w/Stars.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...notes-1.811976

SOKOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 03:26 PM
  #2
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,656
vCash: 500
Oh please be wearing the Leafs sweater next year. I really wish.

Although, it's still up in the air. Maybe if Dallas has a good run he chooses to stay. Dallas will need to pony up the dough which Nieuwy has said won't be a problem.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19868&dateline=128642  9216
Dark Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 03:36 PM
  #3
Ogi1Kenobi
Registered User
 
Ogi1Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,190
vCash: 500
I remember reading those exact same quotes (from Richards) back when Dallas was playing in Toronto two months ago. There's no merit, this is just the NY media speculating.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 03:37 PM
  #4
Mystlyfe
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 12,274
vCash: 500
No reason for Dallas to start negotiating now. Would just be another distraction in the middle of a playoff run.

Mystlyfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 03:39 PM
  #5
Gerbe42
Hodgson 2 Vanek
 
Gerbe42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,347
vCash: 586
Richards to sign with buffalo (e4)

Gerbe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 03:39 PM
  #6
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn
 
Modo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,140
vCash: 50
"Hey look, straws! Let's grasp some!"

__________________
If you're telekinetic and you know it, clap my hands!

Last edited by Modo: 01-07-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 03:42 PM
  #7
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,593
vCash: 500
This was reported on Monday

Quote:
Nieuwendyk went on to say the two sides have started talks on a new contract and hes confident something will be worked out. Both sides have been very open on what they want and have had strong communication.
http://www.truehockey.com/articles/S...ract-Extension

Andy Strickland. The Stars played in the Blues in St.Louis on Sunday. Strickland spoke to Nieuwendyk.

Either Richards has not spoken to Pat Morris this week or someone is not telling the truth here.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 03:42 PM
  #8
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,927
vCash: 50
I didn't read, but from what the legit people have said it's not happening because of the unknowns with ownership. Now that they acquired Langs it's obviouse that Richards isn't going anywhere via trade.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 03:43 PM
  #9
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 8,824
vCash: 500
Quit hoggin the straws bro.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 03:58 PM
  #10
Ogi1Kenobi
Registered User
 
Ogi1Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
This was reported on Monday



http://www.truehockey.com/articles/S...ract-Extension

Andy Strickland. The Stars played in the Blues in St.Louis on Sunday. Strickland spoke to Nieuwendyk.

Either Richards has not spoken to Pat Morris this week or someone is not telling the truth here.
Obviously the NY media is speculating. The author of that article just took a bunch of quotes Richards said a couple months ago (when the Lenders refused to give Neiuwendyk the green light to spend) and used them to support the rumor that Richards and Dallas management haven't begun negotiations.

With the recent spending Dallas has been in the last 2 weeks (signing Daley to a new 6 year deal, and acquiring Langenbrunner) I'm more inclined to believe that Neiuwy has most likely begun talking to Richards about a contract extention. Then again, this whole thing is still up in the air.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:05 PM
  #11
MetalGodAOD
Moderator
Star Rangers
 
MetalGodAOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 11,714
vCash: 746
I knew Zippy was an idiot but trying to spin quotes from months ago as new news is pathetic.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:07 PM
  #12
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 8,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
Obviously the NY media is speculating. The author of that article just took a bunch of quotes Richards said a couple months ago (when the Lenders refused to give Neiuwendyk the green light to spend) and used them to support the rumor that Richards and Dallas management haven't begun negotiations.

With the recent spending Dallas has been in the last 2 weeks (signing Daley to a new 6 year deal, and acquiring Langenbrunner) I'm more inclined to believe that Neiuwy has most likely begun talking to Richards about a contract extention. Then again, this whole thing is still up in the air.
Daley and Langs are going to cost very little where Richards will get a pretty large amount of money. I'd like to see the ownership dealt with in Dallas but two low budget moves haven't convinced me yet.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:09 PM
  #13
Jesus Toews*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Davis, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Fuss View Post
Oh please be wearing the Leafs sweater next year. I really wish.

Although, it's still up in the air. Maybe if Dallas has a good run he chooses to stay. Dallas will need to pony up the dough which Nieuwy has said won't be a problem.
Why are Leafs fans clamoring for a 31-year-old? Look around the league. You don't build a cup winner through trades and FA signings. You do it by building from within. Thankfully Burke hasn't traded away your 2012 first-rounder (yet) so why not just tank another year and shore up the prospect pool to slowly and steadily mold the franchise into a winner? Winning the Cup with a mercenary lineup doesn't work anymore.

Jesus Toews* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:13 PM
  #14
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 8,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstyles View Post
Why are Leafs fans clamoring for a 31-year-old? Look around the league. You don't build a cup winner through trades and FA signings. You do it by building from within. Thankfully Burke hasn't traded away your 2012 first-rounder (yet) so why not just tank another year and shore up the prospect pool to slowly and steadily mold the franchise into a winner?
Yeah we'd be crazy to want a 90 point centermen for Kessel.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:20 PM
  #15
Ogi1Kenobi
Registered User
 
Ogi1Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Daley and Langs are going to cost very little where Richards will get a pretty large amount of money. I'd like to see the ownership dealt with in Dallas but two low budget moves haven't convinced me yet.
I didn't saying locking Richards long-term was set in stone. I said that since Daley signed a new contract with Dallas' financial situation still in limbo, I believe Richards and Neiuwendyk have already begun talking. However, a contract extention anytime soon is very very unlikely. Dallas will either sign him before July 1st or lose him. I have no clue what's going to happen.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:22 PM
  #16
Jesus Toews*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Davis, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Yeah we'd be crazy to want a 90 point centermen for Kessel.
Draft and develop one if you want lasting success. Richards has maybe two or three more solid years in him and signing him to a 7.5mil/year, 6-year deal is seriously going to curb the Leafs' cap flexibility in making further improvements. It's obvious that simply adding Richards doesn't even guarantee Toronto a playoff berth, let alone a shot at the Cup.

Jesus Toews* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:29 PM
  #17
KingJet*
Welcome Back
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
I see him signing with the Rangers or some other team next season for a large (6-8 Million) amount of money and then everyone will want him out like Redden, Kotalik and such.

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 04:34 PM
  #18
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,100
vCash: 500
Richards made it quite clear that only if the Dallas ownership situation was resolved he'd start talking about a extension, and they're far from over

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 05:05 PM
  #19
exporta
Registered User
 
exporta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,008
vCash: 500
Pretty sure the Langenbruner deal shows that Dallas is willing to spend to be competitive. Why would they let Richards walk when they can trade Riberio for assets and retain Richards.

Richards does not seem unhappy in Dallas, he's not going anywhere.

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 05:08 PM
  #20
exporta
Registered User
 
exporta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstyles View Post
Draft and develop one if you want lasting success. Richards has maybe two or three more solid years in him and signing him to a 7.5mil/year, 6-year deal is seriously going to curb the Leafs' cap flexibility in making further improvements. It's obvious that simply adding Richards doesn't even guarantee Toronto a playoff berth, let alone a shot at the Cup.
Toronto has the cap space to sign Richards, if he becomes available. The Kessel deal proves that Brian Burke wants to accelerate the re-build process. Signing Richards would be huge for Toronto.

That being said, its a fantasy and nothing more. He isn't coming to Toronto.

exporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 05:22 PM
  #21
LetzgoEggo
Registered User
 
LetzgoEggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
Toronto has the cap space to sign Richards, if he becomes available. The Kessel deal proves that Brian Burke wants to accelerate the re-build process. Signing Richards would be huge for Toronto.

That being said, its a fantasy and nothing more. He isn't coming to Toronto.
It is a bit of a fantasy but if we show some progress (consistent improvement) over the remainder of the season he may just take a chance on this franchise. I have to assume he want's to play in Canadian, why wouldn't he after all?

LetzgoEggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 05:24 PM
  #22
Seguins Dragon*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In Carls Garage
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
Toronto has the cap space to sign Richards, if he becomes available. The Kessel deal proves that Brian Burke wants to accelerate the re-build process. Signing Richards would be huge for Toronto.

That being said, its a fantasy and nothing more. He isn't coming to Toronto.
this man speaks truth and logic

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 05:26 PM
  #23
Kritter471
Registered User
 
Kritter471's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 7,695
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Let me reiterate that these quotes are two months old and circumstances have changed in the two months since he told them to the Toronto media.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 05:34 PM
  #24
TheRedressor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: United Nations
Posts: 3,694
vCash: 500
Bunch of Dallas fan boys here. So Zipay was also copying quotes when asking Brad about playing his old coach?

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 05:38 PM
  #25
Man Bear Pig
Registered User
 
Man Bear Pig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 8,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstyles View Post
Draft and develop one if you want lasting success. Richards has maybe two or three more solid years in him and signing him to a 7.5mil/year, 6-year deal is seriously going to curb the Leafs' cap flexibility in making further improvements. It's obvious that simply adding Richards doesn't even guarantee Toronto a playoff berth, let alone a shot at the Cup.
We have the youngest team in hockey and are in need of a centermen. Richards would be an ideal fit for us and many others. Just because your in a rebuild or re-tool doesn't mean you don't sign players. We need to get better. This is not Jason Blake, Pavel Kubina etc this is a legit first line centermen. I'd also think that Richards has more then 2 or 3 years left in him, more like 5 or so. He's not 40 years old.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.