HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Richards: No negotiating yet w/Stars.

Old
01-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Bunch of Dallas fan boys here. So Zipay was also copying quotes when asking Brad about playing his old coach?
Much like the interview Richards gave prior to the Stars-Leafs game in November, questions were focused on how he'd like playing in the writer's area. Had he been hounded by a reporter from St. Louis, or Phoenix, or Ottawa, I'm sure he would have fielded the exact same questions.

What's he going to say? "Nah, Torts was a jerk, and I couldn't care less about playing in New York. **** that place."

Richards catered to the writer's local media, and sure enough it's led some people to actually believe New York is his top choice.

01-07-2011, 06:07 PM
kuick
Tatar Sauce

vCash: 500
He'd be silly not to at least test the market, no matter how much he wants to stay in Dallas.

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 06:21 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

imo, if he does resign. there should be a guarantee that they will go after a top ufa dman(pmd) pitkanen, ehrhoff, kaberle, markov, etc. I honestly think it's the one thing they need to be considered a legit cup contender(when he can go to FA and sign with one), he shouldn't have to run a pp. new owners better hurry up and buy the stars if they want to be successful. of course I want him on the leafs, but whatever.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 07:48 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesselsnapSHOT View Post
imo, if he does resign. there should be a guarantee that they will go after a top ufa dman(pmd) pitkanen, ehrhoff, kaberle, markov, etc. I honestly think it's the one thing they need to be considered a legit cup contender(when he can go to FA and sign with one), he shouldn't have to run a pp. new owners better hurry up and buy the stars if they want to be successful. of course I want him on the leafs, but whatever.
Why not hes damn good at it?

I still think he signs in one of two places, Dallas or Tampa.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 08:24 PM
SteenMachine

What 31 year old goes, "Man I really miss the day's of carrying a team's offense only to choke and finish in 9th or 10th." If he thinks Dallas can win and they think they can afford him neither side will walk away from their current success.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Youngblood93

Can Dallas extend him now if the two sides were to agree on a deal or is the ownership limbo holding up a deal?

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood93 View Post
Can Dallas extend him now if the two sides were to agree on a deal or is the ownership limbo holding up a deal?
Wasn't a problem for Daley, shouldn't be a problem for Richards.

It'll happen.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 08:59 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
Obviously the NY media is speculating. The author of that article just took a bunch of quotes Richards said a couple months ago (when the Lenders refused to give Neiuwendyk the green light to spend) and used them to support the rumor that Richards and Dallas management haven't begun negotiations.

With the recent spending Dallas has been in the last 2 weeks (signing Daley to a new 6 year deal, and acquiring Langenbrunner) I'm more inclined to believe that Neiuwy has most likely begun talking to Richards about a contract extention. Then again, this whole thing is still up in the air.
Richards' quotes in the article are from today. He may have said similar earlier in the year, but they just showed video of the MSG staff asking the questions on the MSG feed and it's what he said today.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 09:09 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Richards apparently spends a month of every off-season on LI

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 09:32 PM
TheLaughsWeKnow*

TO THE LEAFS.

9-3 represents our next 93.

TheLaughsWeKnow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Reign Nateo

It's in Brad's best interest to see what happens with this year before committing. Burke could back up the Brink truck, but I'm sure he'll give Dallas a shot if the season ends on a positive note.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Stats01

If the ownership situation doesn't settle and they can't get a deal done. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Toronto or with the NYR. Toronto would be an absolute perfect fit.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 10:40 PM
True Blue 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
If the ownership situation doesn't settle and they can't get a deal done. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Toronto or with the NYR. Toronto would be an absolute perfect fit.
And NY wouldn't be perfect fit If you are Richards and you have the same offer from the Rangers and Leafs, I don't think there is a debate. He already has a familiarity with the system and style the Rangers play, would be able to run the PP, Top line center for Gabby, and be on a team that is much closer to being a top team in the league with him added. I am not bashing the leafs at all but at 31 years old I would think he wants to go to a team that has a better chance to get to a championship, then be stuck in a 2-3 rebulid.

True Blue 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:02 PM
TheRedressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Much like the interview Richards gave prior to the Stars-Leafs game in November, questions were focused on how he'd like playing in the writer's area. Had he been hounded by a reporter from St. Louis, or Phoenix, or Ottawa, I'm sure he would have fielded the exact same questions.

What's he going to say? "Nah, Torts was a jerk, and I couldn't care less about playing in New York. **** that place."

Richards catered to the writer's local media, and sure enough it's led some people to actually believe New York is his top choice.
You missed the point. I was pointing out that other questions were asked besides about a possible trade, which proves Zipay had an actual interview with him which was being questioned by Dallas fan posters saying he copied the quotes from Toronto.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue 96 View Post
And NY wouldn't be perfect fit If you are Richards and you have the same offer from the Rangers and Leafs, I don't think there is a debate. He already has a familiarity with the system and style the Rangers play, would be able to run the PP, Top line center for Gabby, and be on a team that is much closer to being a top team in the league with him added. I am not bashing the leafs at all but at 31 years old I would think he wants to go to a team that has a better chance to get to a championship, then be stuck in a 2-3 rebulid.
I said I could see him either in Toronto or NYR. IMO he would be a better fit in Toronto then in NY if you take out all the other stuff of who's the better team and what not. He would instantly be our number 1 center and would give Kessel the perfect linemate. But whatever the case like I said both teams are fits. Just from what he said earlier this year in Toronto, about Toronto being at the top of his list of places to possibly play. I give the edge to Toronto, if it came down to either team. Plus Burke is a pretty good negotiator, he knows how to sell Toronto and the Leafs to anyone.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Plus Burke is a pretty good negotiator, he knows how to sell Toronto and the Leafs to anyone.
Like the great Komisarek and Beauchemin?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Beleafer4

Quote:
I said I could see him either in Toronto or NYR. IMO he would be a better fit in Toronto then in NY if you take out all the other stuff of who's the better team and what not. He would instantly be our number 1 center and would give Kessel the perfect linemate. But whatever the case like I said both teams are fits. Just from what he said earlier this year in Toronto, about Toronto being at the top of his list of places to possibly play. I give the edge to Toronto, if it came down to either team. Plus Burke is a pretty good negotiator, he knows how to sell Toronto and the Leafs to anyone.
if he makes it to free agency then i agree with you.

for now i give the edge to NY, because they can actually afford to expend assets for a UFA.

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
if he makes it to free agency then i agree with you.

for now i give the edge to NY, because they can actually afford to expend assets for a UFA.
The chances of Richards being traded are slim to none, IMO.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
You missed the point. I was pointing out that other questions were asked besides about a possible trade, which proves Zipay had an actual interview with him which was being questioned by Dallas fan posters saying he copied the quotes from Toronto.
Right, but I still believe too much is being made of the interview, and that people shouldn't get too excited whenever a pending UFA speaks positively about any one team when asked directly by a team reporter.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 12:46 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
seriously? take out "all that other stuff?"

that "stuff" is pretty important. he will not go to toronto. period. it's a two horse race. he's in his prime and will not go to a place that is in rebuild mode. the stars are at the top of their division and the rangers are young and up and coming. toronto is neither of those things. i'm not trying to be mean or a d**k to leaf fans but it's the truth.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 12:59 AM
PhillyFrisco

Toronto bound

PhillyFrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 01:25 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Watch him go to UFA, have it be confirmed Toronto offers him a ridiculous contract, then signs for Dallas for half as much.

Mafoofoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 01:31 AM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Like the great Komisarek and Beauchemin?
You don't even need a GM to sell NYC to stars like Gomez, Drury, and Redden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
That being said, its a fantasy and nothing more. He isn't coming to Toronto.
Yes he is

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 01:37 AM
surshot*

He is going to be a UFA. This is probably his last big contract and his agent is going to maximize it. He might even end up getting more then his last contract.

surshot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2011, 06:18 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

he's coming to tampa this summer

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote